Denis Ten | Page 52 | Golden Skate

Denis Ten

vorravorra

Record Breaker
I join this with information only, as words cannot describe my sorrow and I hardly can stop crying since yesterday.
:sad4::sad4::sad4:

From this article it rather looks like there must have been a fight:
https://tengrinews.kz/kazakhstan_ne...-mnojestvennyie-koloto-rezanyie-ranyi-349670/
This article mentions that Denis had multiple wounds / cuts, not only the deadly one cutting a main artery on his thigh / pelvis, but also cuts to his face, his upper body, his knees.
Hope this scumbucket will be locked away for the rest of their life. I know seeking revenge is a bad feeling, but the only little bit of satisfaction since yesterday is that at least they got the murderers and that they will not get away with it. :sad21:

Denis Funeral will take place on Saturday, 10.00 a.m.
http://www.time.kz/news/society/201...u-vo-dvorce-sporta-im-baluana-solaka-v-almati :cry:
Stab wounds were to the buttock and upper thigh. The rest were scrapes. There must have been a fight, yes.

Panini

On the Ice
I wasn't his fan but I enjoyed watching him. Very sad news. Zijun Li posted a text conversation where he was giving her encouragement, and it seems he did similar things for many other skaters based on the tributes I've seen. He was widely loved not just for his talent but also for his amazingly kind, sensitive personality. RIP.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I can proudly say I was a fan of Denis long before he had his breakthrouh at the 2009 worlds. My first joyful memory of him was when he was the tiniest cutest thing already with an enormous potential.

2008 Junior Worlds SP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBPpGoXCkFQ

:luv17: Such amazing footwork that Tarasova was clapping by the end of the second step sequence (3:06).

ETA: Does anyone else get teary from the replay montage for his 2015 4CC FS where the tranquil string music section with the elongated notes showcases his beautiful skating so well?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=junIq4REdTI&feature=youtu.be&t=396

ewdokia

On the Ice
Watching and meeting Denis at Ice Challenge in Graz in 2013. He was in great shape that time and skated so well. But his kind and humble personality was just as impressive as his skating. I still can’t believe what happened yesterday. :cry:

lyndichee

Medalist
Latest news on the suspects: they were regular car thieves. Nuraly Kiyasov had been caught for two car thefts before but he paid back the owners and they withdrew their complaints. According to his testimony, they did know know who the car belonged to. One of them was using the knife to detach the mirrors when Denis returned to his car, he tried to stop them and take back the mirrors, they panicked and the guy who was holding the knife stabbed Denis in the leg so he couldn't run after them. He wasn't aiming at any particular area, just wherever in Denis' leg he could reach. The police are close to apprehending the other thief who is wanted for another crime.

http://www.zakon.kz/4929065-bil-naotmash-ne-tselyas-podozrevaemyy-v.html

I wonder how prosecution would seeks charges for this because this would be more like manslaughter than first degree murder? Can anyone shed light on this?

Honestly infuriating knowing that they knew exactly who that car belonged to. I had a new coworker 2 years ago and she told me she was from a tiny irrelevant country. I ask her where because my geography was not bad and she told me Kazakhstan. I said I knew exactly where that was because of the Olympic bids and I loved Denis Ten's skating. She was so excited to hear that because Denis Ten is a national hero there. She said he was well known and people are proud of how he represents his country. Not a lot of people understand figure skating but they know that he does well, he's talented and wanted to do good for his country. She was the same age as him and she said that a lot of young people there are inspired by him. Takes the lowest of lowest to know that and still want to take advantage of him. Calling them animals is an insult to animals.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
The report says he suffered a repeated blow to various parts of his body, many cuts were deep, with the fatal one being the one in the thigh. That doesn't sound like a panicked thief who just didn't want Denis to run after him and didn't intend to kill him. Obviously the culprit is trying to lighten the offence.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
I was just scrolling through Denis' Twitter (very bad idea, I agree with you) and after some time I realized one very sad thing. He posted a Tweet about Mao's retirement and the photo he used... It was the same photo Mao used in her post to Denis... https://twitter.com/Tenis_Den/status/851528187855163392

But that wasn't the reason why I went to his Twitter. Almost right behind it, there is his Tweet about International Women Day. That alone wouldn't be so special but... He wrote:

I love skating. I also love women. My mom, dear grandma… For sure, my wife too. Daughters. …Someday… And TODAY is the Intl Women's Day!

And when I saw it, it hit me again... I don't have to explain the sadness of it, but I'm not even able to phrase it. I am just overwhelmed when I just start to think about what could have been...

I feel so much hate for his murderers and hope they will rot in hell for that.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Lyndichee and Vorravoraa thank you for keeping us updated. I read that prosecutors in Kazakhstan where treating this as murder. What difference does it made in terms of punishment? Is longer ? I think someone say the maximum sentence were 12 years?

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Lyndichee and Vorravoraa thank you for keeping us updated. I read that prosecutors in Kazakhstan where treating this as murder. What difference does it made in terms of punishment? Is longer ? I think someone say the maximum sentence were 12 years?
Yes, it's 15-20 or life. People with law degrees and experience are saying that it is not the norm to prosecute for murder in such cases, but the victim is famous and universally beloved and petty thieves hardly can afford good lawyers. The Article of the Criminal Code (192.3) that would be more likely to be applied if it was a random case carries the punishment of 7 to 12 years. It is still a possible development that murder will not be the final charge.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Yes, it's 15-20 or life. People with law degrees and experience are saying that it is not the norm to prosecute for murder in such cases, but the victim is famous and universally beloved and petty thieves hardly can afford good lawyers. The Article of the Criminal Code (192.3) that would be more likely to be applied if it was a random case carries the punishment of 7 to 12 years. It is still a possible development that murder will not be the final charge.

Thank you. If Dennis wounds were as described in the latest article I think is certainly has more intent that just scare or stop Denis from following them.

lyndichee

Medalist

vorravorra might be more help. I am very unfamiliar with law, especially international law. How it works though basically is the intent; from what they are describing they are trying to say they didn't intend or plan to kill him. That usually means manslaughter where they kill without intent while committing a crime. Given that it seems multiple accounts say there were words exchanged, multiple scraps and multiple stab wounds, I wonder if they'll pursue a murder charge.

If they have committed other crimes as well, they may get charged and their sentences can add up. What makes me sad is that they at least get to live their lives and Denis will not despite his genuine intentions and amazing work so far.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
ugh the description made me angry even more!!!:bang::bang:
evil bastards!!!

ugh Im probably a vile person as well but no amount of years in jail is enough for that!:angry1:
money really for some is worth more than a person's life!:shocked:

I feel so much hate for his murderers and hope they will rot in hell for that.
basically this!

Yags & Max Kovtun experssed my feelings pretty well...

vorravorra

Record Breaker
ugh so they really knew it was him!!!:bang::bang:
evil bastards!!!

ugh Im probably a vile person as well but no amount of years in jail is enough for that!:angry1:
money really for some is worth more than a person's life!:shocked:

basically this!

Yags & Max Kovtun experssed my feelings pretty well...
Where does it say they knew it was him? I suppose he could have told them when he caught them.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Where does it say they knew it was him? I suppose he could have told them when he caught them.
yeah yeah i edited already.:giveup: it says that didnt know (but i wont pretend that I'll believe what that guy says 100%:disapp:)
The whole description is enough to make my blood boil up:sad21:

maybe i shouldnt have read it. ugh im furious:palmf:
The Korean ambassador told about Denis' ancestor & shared his condolences
https://www.zakon.kz/4929115-posol-korei-o-tene-my-vsegda-budem.html

vorravorra

Record Breaker
vorravorra might be more help. I am very unfamiliar with law, especially international law. How it works though basically is the intent; from what they are describing they are trying to say they didn't intend or plan to kill him. That usually means manslaughter where they kill without intent while committing a crime. Given that it seems multiple accounts say there were words exchanged, multiple scraps and multiple stab wounds, I wonder if they'll pursue a murder charge.

If they have committed other crimes as well, they may get charged and their sentences can add up. What makes me sad is that they at least get to live their lives and Denis will not despite his genuine intentions and amazing work so far.
One of them is wanted for something else, most likely other thefts.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Thank you. If Dennis wounds were as described in the latest article I think is certainly has more intent that just scare or stop Denis from following them.
People who steal car parts are generally not killers, but if you are a criminal and your job involves using a knife it's not all that surprising that one day it would end badly.

ejnsofi

Final Flight

Yesterday General Attorney said there is possibility of treating it as a murder. I don't care whether they knew him or not, whether they wanted to scare him or kill him... When you charge at a person with a knife you can always kill. For me any stabbing should always be treated as murder or attempted murder. They could have pinned him down, knocked him out, kicked him in solar plexus but they chose knife instead. Also you don't have to be a surgeon to know that deep thigh wound will bleed intensively.

I hope they will get life sentence. I hope they will spend the rest of the days in prison. I hope their inmates will give them hell. I hope they will reach the point when they will regret they were born. I don't care if revenge, vengeance and fury are wrong. They killed another person for 20 bucks worth car mirrors...