Denis Ten | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Denis Ten

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
since you asked for an example of music mistakes, it happened to eveline brunner at europeans for her FP
and about elena vs satoko, elena wasnt her best as she was sick, it wasnt just 2 jump passes, she has step out for her 2a and not so good landing for her 1st lutz and doubling her 3Lo, also its not surprise her flip got an ! ,she isnt comfortable wth it since she does 3Lo at her SP( i think if she trusted her flip edge she would do it at SP) while satoko had 1 error
just because that incident happened it doesnt mean its intentional, its unfortunate yes but blaming federations for that is weird to me esp. when you dont have any proof other than you think he is better skater than the other 2 thats why they had to do something about it

i am sorry i know its his fan thread, i am happy for him for his medal and sorry about his dad, wish him goodluck

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I think he is joking that it's an imposter's...the postings all sound very Denis plus pictures too.

Well, I am thoroughly confused. Even before your post, I did recognize that Denis' tweet/Instagram seemed a bit tongue-in-cheek -- but I thought it was his way of raising a red flag for his fanbase without seeming upset.

It was on April Fool's Day :think: that Denis originally tweeted about Weibo:

ETA:
I have deleted my post above. I still feel unsure as to when he was joking and when he was not, but I defer to firal.​

yyyskate

Record Breaker
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XOTE5MjkxNTk2.html
Denis' LP run-through fancam.
noticeable changes in choreo, especially nuances, compare to 4CC, movement flows even better with music. I really love how Denis and choreo interprets the texture and feel of traditional Chinese instrument Xiao here. it is a nostalgic instrument. it has the feeling of attachment, although reluctant to part with but ... have to. Like a Condor circling around in the sky before finally departure.

i watched Denis' LP again a few times today. got to admit it is a masterpiece.
I did some research about the music instrument that I loved the most about during his step sequence, start right after his final 2A and during first part of his step sequence. and the part Carol Lane from CBC really loved.
as I posted it before, I thought it is Chinese instrument "Xiao", but actually it is not, it is Japanese traditional instrument "Shakuhachi" originated from China. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakuhachi
here is a video about their differences.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q8HxlYo7tk
shakuhachi is more haunting and breathy, but they certainly have some similar quality in terms of the emotions they evoke from people
I guess our Japanese fans here will easily relate to it.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
okok :) I lurve Patrick :) :) but also Denis :) am I the only one in here who is in the same case?

DTFan

Rinkside
I'm new here but I just couldn't pass by this thread and not share my thoughts about Denis (since he's my favorite skater too). Incredible how he progressed over the last 3 years and how he became one of those skaters that are able to perform better at important competitions. His skating is been becoming more and more mature and he's vision of it is also very different from what I read from other skaters. And he also combines sport with serious studies! "I am working on an MBA program (Oil and Gas). It's interesting and useful. I hope to be able to combine the sports with the studies, I am sure the studies will be beneficial for my competition results. My mother always said everything that's in your head is visible on the ice. She used to say: "Go to school. And you will skate better." And then there's no surprise that he's able to organize his own show and invite the best skaters in the world and then do so many things in his country (according to Instagram). It's so impressive...

DTFan

Rinkside
Did you see his philosophical posts on Instagram?? No wonder his skating is deep and interesting...

About time.

"Everytime I make a long post written in a non-understandable language for you - I get so many requests to write in English. But my thoughts are complicated (I'm quite simple on Weibo though); and does it really matter if you understand them or not? Look at photos, that is the point of Instagram. Instead, my posts sometimes reach media and are published online. Not sure how and why... Although, I've read too many philosophical books lately and reached the point that everything is quite agnostic.

In overall, the world is full of incomprehensible. And incomprehensible is as incomprehensible as comprehensible. Did you get it? No. As more things we seem to understand as less things we actually understand. The difference between understandable and not erases after a deeper look into one another. What does understand mean indeed? And what is indeed indeed? A child will lead any adult to reach impasse by a simple question

What is time?

Aren't you really going to explain transcendental to a baby, are you? Moreover, many people never even thought what the heck the time is. Time is time and it's quite understandable. But is it really? No.

As harder you try to understand deeper the comprehensible - as more incomprehensible it becomes. Children always ask us very important and useful questions, to which adults often tell them - “By the time you grow up - you'll understand”, without understanding the topic themselves."​

and few days ago he wrote one more "article".

"Wrote on Weibo that my biggest talent is that I can destroy people's mind. How? Easily! Give me a chance and I can make anybody sweating without making them watch Nyan-Cat for hours on YouTube. What's the today's topic? Let's think about age. I've mentioned many times (in Russian though) that age to me is just a conglomeration of figures. And it's quite logical because I look like a 13 year old teen while my real age is a bit more than that. But setting all jokes aside, still,

Have you ever thought that today, virtually right now, we're the oldest we've ever been. And the youngest we'll ever be. Still growing up as this process is inevitable. But when is the limit? Is there a limit? Limit is subjective and so everything in our lives but one notion definitely worth a mention - people can consider themselves as grown up by the time they realize that they no more reflect the light - they are ready to radiate it.

Being a child means to absorb all the information that surrounds us from the environment. Every child is a canvas, a painting which is about to be created by its mentors. That's why it's truly an art to be a good parent. That's why it's really important to provide children a solid background because this is where “the program code” takes its base.

And we grow, “absorbing” everything from the scratch and then using the knowledge where our minds start to play an interesting game. We think we're in control of our thoughts and decisions - but looking deeper - it's our background and “informational storage” that's in charge of our today's state of mind. Either want it we or not, we're "growing" in a manipulative environment where mass media is our biggest mentor. To be content with what we, at present know, for the most part, to shut our ears against conviction. And you actually grow up by the time you start emancipating yourself from the knowledge previously acquired, going another direction - unlearning things. And this difficulty attaches itself more closely to an age in which progress has gained a strong ascendency over prejudice.

And then life becomes even more interesting because its multidimensional.. We all grow. But which way is totally up to us."​

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm new here but I just couldn't pass by this thread and not share my thoughts about Denis (since he's my favorite skater too). Incredible how he progressed over the last 3 years and how he became one of those skaters that are able to perform better at important competitions. His skating is been becoming more and more mature and he's vision of it is also very different from what I read from other skaters. And he also combines sport with serious studies! "I am working on an MBA program (Oil and Gas). It's interesting and useful. I hope to be able to combine the sports with the studies, I am sure the studies will be beneficial for my competition results. My mother always said everything that's in your head is visible on the ice. She used to say: "Go to school. And you will skate better." And then there's no surprise that he's able to organize his own show and invite the best skaters in the world and then do so many things in his country (according to Instagram). It's so impressive...

Welcome to GS DTfan :)

I really enjoy Denis's skating too. He brings a subtle touch to powerful skating. I agree he has his own style and offers up something that is uniquely his own. Probably due to the mindset you've mentioned above. While he has the technical ability to challenge the best skaters his identity is his in between movements and steps IMO. Those are the things that catch my attention. Not how you ring the doorbell but rather how you close the door.

I made a video from suggestions offered by fellow posters here in which I asked for their favorite moments from 4CC this year. It's a long 7minute journey but I was so moved by Denis I gave him the whole last two minutes. Here is the link if anyone is interested in watching Denis's FS remixed up with some of my favorite moments from it. Again...his part is the last two minutes in case you don't want to watch it all.

http://youtu.be/1quArl_lw-0

DTFan

Rinkside
Today Denis published on Weibo the "script" of his exhibition program... So impressive...

http://weibo.com/5576661611/Cg1MX8LcA?type=comment#_rnd1430590770110

"Mi Mancherai. The story of his thoughts."

Where is the reality?
Is there a reality?

Wait... Am I awaken?
Or am I still dreaming?

No. I want to think that I'm not... There goes her silhouette... Her smell. Such a magnificent, alluring smell. A yard of fresh strawberries smells just like her! The nature! How could you steal the smell of a human being? I get drunk by a simple touch of it. I lose my mind by simple thought of it...

She is my vaccine of craziness, my elixir of life.
But once it’s over… I think I’m gonna die.

"-What do you like to eat? -EVERYTHING!", "-What do you do when you're free? -I like to go shopping, I also like to go to the beach.", "-Ask me something crazy and I'll do it. Would you like me to rob a bank? -You're cute." - ingenious (to me) but simple and naive types of dialogues that cause some chemical reactions in my brain... Concretizing fact, her voice would press the button [SWITCH OFF]. And there you are! Time is an illusion, life is just an illusion — a dream you're living through, a fairytale you're participating in. I'm not walking anymore - I'm capable of flying. I'm not sleeping anymore - I'm creating. I'm not an ordinary person anymore... I'm a missioner! Which is on the path of reaching godliness... And my religion is herself.

I am going crazy... Cause I am feeling her smell right now! Are you really here??? Did you just touch me??? Gosh... Now I remember everything. How we danced, how we talked, how we laughed... How just a simple letter, I would re-write over and over in order to reach the perfect copy-book hand. How I'd become the bravest talking to you (others are losers!) and get closer to you. How you would keep the serenity notwithstanding people around being tensed. How you would share that signature angelic smile and stay naive, although your inner world was one of a kind - so deep, so wise and so sincere... An exclusive combination of rare values. And nobody could look that deep inside but I could... Cause I could see through you. Cause I could feel you. I was being you.

But something is missing... You're not here, right?
Another time, it's just a fantasy, projection of my mind.
My logic postulates that you're gone.
Therefore a part of me is now not here anymore.
I'd say - I'll miss you. "I'll miss you..." once again...
My tears would drop while I'd force myself to wake up, going through the pain.
I'll miss you. Because my feelings just have gotten to be strong...
Where's reality?
Is this reality?
I want to think that it is not...

(c) (Denis Ten)

Barb

Record Breaker
Today Denis published on Weibo the "script" of his exhibition program... So impressive...

http://weibo.com/5576661611/Cg1MX8LcA?type=comment#_rnd1430590770110

"Mi Mancherai. The story of his thoughts."

Where is the reality?
Is there a reality?

Wait... Am I awaken?
Or am I still dreaming?

No. I want to think that I'm not... There goes her silhouette... Her smell. Such a magnificent, alluring smell. A yard of fresh strawberries smells just like her! The nature! How could you steal the smell of a human being? I get drunk by a simple touch of it. I lose my mind by simple thought of it...

She is my vaccine of craziness, my elixir of life.
But once it’s over… I think I’m gonna die.

"-What do you like to eat? -EVERYTHING!", "-What do you do when you're free? -I like to go shopping, I also like to go to the beach.", "-Ask me something crazy and I'll do it. Would you like me to rob a bank? -You're cute." - ingenious (to me) but simple and naive types of dialogues that cause some chemical reactions in my brain... Concretizing fact, her voice would press the button [SWITCH OFF]. And there you are! Time is an illusion, life is just an illusion — a dream you're living through, a fairytale you're participating in. I'm not walking anymore - I'm capable of flying. I'm not sleeping anymore - I'm creating. I'm not an ordinary person anymore... I'm a missioner! Which is on the path of reaching godliness... And my religion is herself.

I am going crazy... Cause I am feeling her smell right now! Are you really here??? Did you just touch me??? Gosh... Now I remember everything. How we danced, how we talked, how we laughed... How just a simple letter, I would re-write over and over in order to reach the perfect copy-book hand. How I'd become the bravest talking to you (others are losers!) and get closer to you. How you would keep the serenity notwithstanding people around being tensed. How you would share that signature angelic smile and stay naive, although your inner world was one of a kind - so deep, so wise and so sincere... An exclusive combination of rare values. And nobody could look that deep inside but I could... Cause I could see through you. Cause I could feel you. I was being you.

But something is missing... You're not here, right?
Another time, it's just a fantasy, projection of my mind.
My logic postulates that you're gone.
Therefore a part of me is now not here anymore.
I'd say - I'll miss you. "I'll miss you..." once again...
My tears would drop while I'd force myself to wake up, going through the pain.
I'll miss you. Because my feelings just have gotten to be strong...
Where's reality?
Is this reality?
I want to think that it is not...

(c) (Denis Ten)

It is a song? because I can not find it. But it is beautiful.

DTFan

Rinkside
It is a song? because I can not find it. But it is beautiful.

No, it's the description of the scenario he wrote for his program. He also wrote the lyrics.

You can watch the program here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIO4BnYm5Ek (Denis at the All That Skate Show)

Or here:

Just had to post his gala here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7Wgsfqq1IE

His performance was too beautiful and I got emotional from just watching it. He's such a good actor, and that glance he gave at the end really hit home.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Mi Mancherai

Artist: Josh Groban

I'll miss you if you leave
I'll miss your serenity
Your words like songs in the wind
And the love that you take away

I'll miss you if you leave
Now, forever, I do not know how to live
And the joy, my love,
Goes away with you

I'll miss you, I'll miss you
Why do you leave?
Because the love inside of you is dead
Why, oh Why?
Nothing will change, I know that
Inside of me, I feel you

I'll miss you, I'll miss you
Because you go away
Because the love in you is dead
Nothing will change, I know that
Inside of me, I feel you

I'll miss the immensity
Of our days and nights together
Yours smiles when it was dark
Your being naive like a small girl

I'll miss you, my love
I look and I find emptiness
inside of me

And the joy, my love
Goes away with you

Maybe Denis can have a collaboration with Josh Groban. like skating with him singing live. (also invite his talented Chinese follovers, the girl who wrote a song for Denis ;);):cool:)