2018-19 Russian test skates | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian test skates

TGee

Record Breaker
Since I generally only follow ice dance and pairs, I'm eagerly impatient to hear about/ see the programs of Vika and Nikita, Alexandra and Ivan, Betina and Sergei, Tiffany and Jonathan from ice dance and Evgenia and Vladimir and Natalia and Alexander from pairs. I'm really curious about Trankov's work and generally I am happy that finally the time has come when each week the programs of the top (and not so top) figure skaters will be revealed and the GS forums will be hot from vivid discussion about each athlete's performance, choreography, music selection, costume, etc.
I believe we've had reports that the test skates will be in training clothes, not costumes.

Or is that only for the SP or only for particular skaters?

LRK

Record Breaker
I believe we've had reports that the test skates will be in training clothes, not costumes.

Or is that only for the SP or only for particular skaters?

I don't know about that, but from previous test skates - some skaters have had their costumes, some have worn old costumes, and some have had training clothes. I suppose it depends on whether or no the costume is ready.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I don't know about that, but from previous test skates - some skaters have had their costumes, some have worn old costumes, and some have had training clothes. I suppose it depends on whether or no the costume is ready.

I am really disappointed that we will not see Z/G, but more so concerned that they keep having this nagging injury. I'd prefer they take the time off and really treat the injury thoroughly otherwise it might cost them international outings in the future. I really wanted to see Deans's choreography on them.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Roster. Provided by Tatjana Flade.
http://sh.uploads.ru/PkKqv.jpg

Mikhail Kolyada, Sergei Voronov, Alexei Erokhov, Alexander Samarin, Dmitry Aliev, Arthur Dmitriev, Andrei Lazukin;
Alina Zagitova, Evgenia Medvedeva, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, Maria Sotskova,
Elena Radionova, Darya Panenkova, Stanislava Konstantinova, Polina Tsurskaya, Sofya Samodurova;
Evgenia Tarasova / Vladimir Morozov, Natalia Zabiyako / Alexander Enbert, Darya Pavlyuchenko / Denis Khodykin, Alexandra Boykova / Dmitry Kozlovsky, Alisa Efimova / Alexander Korovin;
Alexandra Stepanova / Ivan Bukin, Betina Popova / Sergei Mozgov, Sofya Evdokimova / Yegor Bazin, Victoria Sinitsyna / Nikita Katsalapov, Anastasia Shpilevaya / Grigory Smirnov, Annabelle Morozov / Andrey Bazin

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Roster. Provided by Tatjana Flade.
http://sh.uploads.ru/PkKqv.jpg

Mikhail Kolyada, Sergei Voronov, Alexei Erokhov, Alexander Samarin, Dmitry Aliev, Arthur Dmitriev, Andrei Lazukin;
Alina Zagitova, Evgenia Medvedeva, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, Maria Sotskova,
Elena Radionova, Darya Panenkova, Stanislava Konstantinova, Polina Tsurskaya, Sofya Samodurova;
Evgenia Tarasova / Vladimir Morozov, Natalia Zabiyako / Alexander Enbert, Darya Pavlyuchenko / Denis Khodykin, Alexandra Boykova / Dmitry Kozlovsky, Alisa Efimova / Alexander Korovin;
Alexandra Stepanova / Ivan Bukin, Betina Popova / Sergei Mozgov, Sofya Evdokimova / Yegor Bazin, Victoria Sinitsyna / Nikita Katsalapov, Anastasia Shpilevaya / Grigory Smirnov, Annabelle Morozov / Andrey Bazin

ladies: 9
men: 7
dance: 6
pairs: 5

If one optimizes with the usual routine in mind (6 for singles, 4 for pairs) it could be 5 groups. But usually they do not mix events. Hence, if they do 7 men and 5 pairs per group splitting dance and ladies there will be 6 groups with 2 Zamboni breaks. I expect a 3 hour event then....

Just realized that Flade's info had the indication of groups. So if the info is correct there will be 8 groups with 1 Zamboni break. It means that Aliev and Tsurskaya will have an extra challenge of quite used ice before them.

hanca

Record Breaker
Extra challenge of quite used ice? You are not a skater, are you? Redoing ice after every two groups have been done in competitions to avoid someone complaining that they have different conditions than the others. It became the rule to ensure fairness in competitions, but the ice doesn’t turn into unskatable after two groups. In reality, every skater skates every day several hours on ice that is so MUCH MORE used than that. At competitions you have in singles twelve skaters using the ice on their own for four minutes each and twice six minutes warm up of six skaters, then the ice get renewed. In day to day practice you may have 10-15 skaters (in Japan even more!) using the ice for several hours (2-3 hours on average) before they redo the ice. And those hours are their practice, so if a skater made excuse that they couldn’t do clean run through because the ice was too used, when else they would practice the clean run throughs? At competitions? The ice at competitions, it is a luxury, not a day to day requirement to perform clean.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Extra challenge of quite used ice? You are not a skater, are you? Redoing ice after every two groups have been done in competitions to avoid someone complaining that they have different conditions than the others. It became the rule to ensure fairness in competitions, but the ice doesn’t turn into unskatable after two groups. In reality, every skater skates every day several hours on ice that is so MUCH MORE used than that. At competitions you have in singles twelve skaters using the ice on their own for four minutes each and twice six minutes warm up of six skaters, then the ice get renewed. In day to day practice you may have 10-15 skaters (in Japan even more!) using the ice for several hours (2-3 hours on average) before they redo the ice. And those hours are their practice, so if a skater made excuse that they couldn’t do clean run through because the ice was too used, when else they would practice the clean run throughs? At competitions? The ice at competitions, it is a luxury, not a day to day requirement to perform clean.

Yes, I am not a skater for about 40 years now. You said yourself that the rule is to avoid people complaining about the different conditions. So you admitted that the notion of different conditions exists. And it has little to do with training. In the competitions everything matters: impotie crowds, scratches on ice, etc. Test skates are competitions without scores. Aliev will skate after 6 pairs, 6 singles, and 4 warm ups. May be he does not care - may be he does. Let's discuss something else.

IlVoloFan

Final Flight
Country
Turkey
What is happening now in test skates? I’m really curious to find out who are doing well and I hope someone will record Zhenya’s SP [emoji1374]

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What is happening now in test skates? I’m really curious to find out who are doing well and I hope someone will record Zhenya’s SP [emoji1374]

Today is the SP but they are closed to the public, so I wouldn't hope for a video.

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
Do we get results of the SP though? Like mess ups and layouts? Also I’m pretty sure I saw videos last year of the senior ladies SP somewhere...

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Do we get results of the SP though? Like mess ups and layouts? Also I’m pretty sure I saw videos last year of the senior ladies SP somewhere...

That's because the SP and the LP in recent years have been open to the public. Only the FS is open this year, for whatever reason.

hanca

Record Breaker
Yes, I am not a skater for about 40 years now. You said yourself that the rule is to avoid people complaining about the different conditions. So you admitted that the notion of different conditions exists. And it has little to do with training. In the competitions everything matters: impotie crowds, scratches on ice, etc. Test skates are competitions without scores. Aliev will skate after 6 pairs, 6 singles, and 4 warm ups. May be he does not care - may be he does. Let's discuss something else.
Yes, but this is not a competition! The skaters are going to show their programs to public. Can you imagine that is some shows they would want to redo the ice after every few skaters? Ridiculous. If you are a skater, how can you write something so ridiculous as someone dealing with the ‘challenge of quite used ice’? I didn’t suggest that they should completely stop doin the ice, but I can imagine that having seven skaters on warm up or redoing ice after three groups instead of two would not be a major disaster for tests skates.