Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019 | Page 165 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

liv

Record Breaker
Awww. I wonder if Kurt visits TCC often for a chitchat with the skaters ? I never knew he visits TCC like this.

From what I've heard, his son (s) skate at Cricket, so he does go there and I would imagine does chit chat with the skaters from time to time.

silkpanda

Rinkside
I thought he didn't have a private life

PJ Kwong and Kurt talked about Yuzuru and 4A :scard7:
transcript with Japanese translation
video: around 13:00

A little fragment:

PJ: So what are you really looking forward to this season? tell me the biggest thing you are looking forward to?
Really excited Kurt: Oh oh Yuzuru Hanyu. I'm really excited about Yuzu because of something he said to me the other day. Two things, but one is private. He said "I'm back this year" (in his wonderful accent in barely English), but he's back to do quad axel. He's back to do quad axel, and that's some sexy exciting stuff.

ETA: Here's a video with just a part about Yuzuru: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=Rbu4Xquvz9c

Imov

Medalist
I hope whatever the private thing is Yuzu accomplishes it too.
As for the quad axel I hope is does it safely and lands it cleanly.

Amef

Final Flight
I hope whatever the private thing is Yuzu accomplishes it too.
As for the quad axel I hope is does it safely and lands it cleanly.
So nice Kurt keeps it private. I had no idea they were that close to have intimate private conversations!

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
This is video of Shuzo Matsuoka's interview.

https://twitter.com/unicochao1/status/1053744354597134336

I might be the person who interviewed him the most in Japan, I've been listening to him since he was 16. He has unique sensitivity, very delicate even though he doesn't show it to the outside. He must be hurt very much, he has been hurt by many things deeply and deeply. But he doesn't show it while he values people looking at him. But if we talk about who is in charge of himself, Yuzuru Hanyu actually acts independently, which I think is the best thing for him and that means "an athlete". It's a sport after all, he is competing. Of course figure skating has aspect of artistry, but he says definitely, "This is a sport. I think this is interesting because we are clearly decided who is a winner or not." He was injured before PC Olympics, and I was thinking he would not participate in the Olympics. But in all that, he came to compete. He was doing image training like "if I would compete here, I would get the gold medal." over and over again. When I saw him doing quad jumps in the practice, I was so overwhelmed. His mental strength, the ability to believe in himself, and his words, his words hit my heart during the interview. When I asked him, "What is this gold medal for?", he answered, "The gold medal that I had thrown away all my happiness to get". He threw away what he had wanted to do, such as eating habit, training, layout of the programs and so on. But when I asked him, "What did you grab from all of them?", he said "I grabbed happiness." His choice, or more like his sensitivity, must be leading to the power attracting people.

His resoect and affection shones through...

Imov

Medalist
Yuzu's sense of discipline is so inhuman.
I wish I had even just half of it. I would even settle for one fourth.

Reth

On the Ice
I mean, I wouldn't be surprised, just as I wouldn't be surprised if it is "I've decided to go for Beijing". He's so unpredictable.
He really is. He could retire after this season and come back for Beijing. Who knows.... would be nice to get a team medal though 😫

But what if it's 'I've decided to retire after this year' :cry:

I thought the exact same thing :sad21: Kurt, did you really need to say he said to you sth private? R**** is the only private topic you can think of that Yuzu would talk about with another professional visiting TCC for a few days. I wish Kurt had kept it for himself instead of trying to spice up the conversation :noshake:

ankifeather

Final Flight
But they are two things Kurt is excited about Yuzu this season, I can't see why Kurt would be excited about him retiring. I think it's something else Yuzu has up his sleeves that can't be revealed yet to the world . Also I am laughing at the fact he emphasized Yuzu's “barely English” I used to think Yuzu is only tongue tied when he has to speak English in front of the camera but can actually speak fluent enough privately, because he seems to communicate with his coaches without trouble, but seems not to be the case haha

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Not sure if at this stage at this time of the season, Yuzuru himself knows when he will retire :unsure: and Kurt said there are 2 things that makes him excited? how retirement could be exciting :think:

kiches

Final Flight
Yeah from the sounds of it Kurt is excited about BOTH things Yuzu told him, to me it doesn't make sense to be excited about hearing he planned to retire immediately. In fact the very first thing I imagined was he told Kurt he was going to aim for another Olympics, that or it was pertaining to the 4A.

Wynter

On the Ice
Or it can also be a request to make another EX program for him. Something similar to Hello, I love you. :slink:

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Or it can also be a request to make another EX program for him. Something similar to Hello, I love you. :slink:

Kurt always wanted playful style from Yuzuru, maybe he got promise from him :biggrin:

Wynter

On the Ice
Kurt always wanted playful style from Yuzuru, maybe he got promise from him :biggrin:

I wouldn't mind another playful Yuzu program.

Several possibilities comes to mind when I'm thinking about why Yuzu *might* ask Kurt to choreograph for him, though:

- His story-telling EX series has reached an end with Haru Yo, Koi.
- He wanted to go with Origin 2.0. This time going back to when he first came to Canada.
- He wanted to do Javi's tribute next time, so he asked Kurt to make him a Super Yuzu program.

:laugh2: :devil:

Weetos

Final Flight
But they are two things Kurt is excited about Yuzu this season, I can't see why Kurt would be excited about him retiring. I think it's something else Yuzu has up his sleeves that can't be revealed yet to the world . Also I am laughing at the fact he emphasized Yuzu's “barely English” I used to think Yuzu is only tongue tied when he has to speak English in front of the camera but can actually speak fluent enough privately, because he seems to communicate with his coaches without trouble, but seems not to be the case haha

Ahh that is true, I feel a little reassured.
I have a new theory. It's 'Disney have asked me to star in Winnie the Pooh on Ice' :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.