Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019 | Page 169 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Ahhh feel better. I think I can handle GP but maybe not GPF or WC:laugh: Maybe I'll just leave the room when it's yuzu's turn and come back in 5 mins:rolleye:

I can see us all leaving the room and then peeking through the doorway and our fingers.... it's crazy but what can we do? :shrug:

sun110

Final Flight
I can see us all leaving the room and then peeking through the doorway and our fingers.... it's crazy but what can we do? :shrug:

Yeah let's do it. I don't like slow death :biggrin:

The kuyashii in yuzu is so strong that he said to Cha the worst thing is to win gold with a bad performance:laugh:.
So I expect to see a much improved/focused yuzu next week. But please don't peak too early. Please save the best performance for GPF and Worlds:pray:.
GPF is in Canada this year and it makes me nervous:slink:.

Henni147

Final Flight
Ahhh feel better. I think I can handle GP but maybe not GPF or WC:laugh: Maybe I'll just leave the room when it's yuzu's turn and come back in 5 mins:rolleye:
For me it would be crazy to leave the room after so many weeks of waiting. No matter, how many mistakes Yuzu makes (and he doesn't make that many), his programs have so much quality content that you can enjoy and celebrate - much more than many clean skates. I feel, it would be a crime to close my eyes or to leave :p

khtmyzr

Final Flight
So I expect to see a much improved/focused yuzu next week. But please don't peak too early. Please save the best performance for GPF and Worlds:pray:.
I’m expecting to see better spins at the very least. Pretty sure his kuyashi will be going after those Vs at full force :laugh:

JuliettaG

On the Ice
Watching the skaters at Skate Canada reminded me that NEXT WEEKEND it will be Yuzu at Helsinki! Are you ready?

I'm really nervous because I'll travel on wednesday to Helsinki... I can't believe that on four days I'll watch Yuzuru live. :yahoo:
I plan on going to all the practices, so I'll write my impressions here (if it's allowed):slink:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I'm really nervous because I'll travel on wednesday to Helsinki... I can't believe that on four days I'll watch Yuzuru live. :yahoo:
I plan on going to all the practices, so I'll write my impressions here (if it's allowed):slink:

Yes please! :hap10: it is allowed, as long as it is only about Yuzu, it is allowed . :agree:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Yeah that's the one. he became so many fans' Romeo because of the program:biggrin:

I'd think plushy may have a gold at a younger age? Not sure though.

Yuzu himself is really an early achiever. BTW when he won 2010 JWC, Messing and Majozrov were in the same competition. If Yuzu competed at SC today, they'd compete together again and even share the podium:p.

Plush won his first GP golds (not in the IJS period, of course) in 1998 he was 16 (3.11.1982.) Yuzuru won in 2011. He was also 16 because he was born in December I believe. :)

firal

Record Breaker
GS was down for a while during Lady's FS tonight.
I'd only imagine it won't hold up either next week during men's event in Helsinki.

Yeah, it went out when Evgenia was skating; I immediately thought oh oh, what about next week? :laugh:

There's been a really helpful tech box along with GOEs with all the live streams I've watched so far. Some of them are quite generous and I caught myself thinking hey Yuzuru can do better and more difficult but can he get that score please? I know you can't compare across competition but I know I will be miffed if it's not close to that.

Don't know if this is already against rules but I am checking out Helsinki schedule to convert to my local time; noticing men's free is last and not until day of gala! I prefer the schedule where Friday and Saturday are competition and Sunday is gala only. Hmm...

Imov

Medalist
Please do share as @interspectator said as long as its purely about Yuzu its okay.
Congrats on seeing him live.

khtmyzr

Final Flight
Oohh I just did the time conversion for the competition schedule and the time for the Men’s are perfect where I live! Even though I work on those four days, the only thing I’ll miss is the FS practice. Almost everything else is in the evening after work with only the Ex running late into the night (til 1 AM which is not bad at all compared to ACI schedule). I won’t even miss the SP practice on Saturday since it’s scheduled right during my lunch break! :yahoo: Glad I won’t have to make an effort to keep my mind from wondering off to Yuzu while at work haha :laugh:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Don't know if this is already against rules but I am checking out Helsinki schedule to convert to my local time; noticing men's free is last and not until day of gala! I prefer the schedule where Friday and Saturday are competition and Sunday is gala only. Hmm...

I've worked out the conversion to the men's programs and it's middle of the night for me (but not quite as bad as wee hours of the morning ACI!!!) And even though I'm half a world away, the nerves and excitement are really already building.... how you folk who are going to be there and see him (okay, and Boyang and Junhwan and the rest! but Yuzu first and foremost) are coping, I don't know...

Merjan

On the Ice
I've worked out the conversion to the men's programs and it's middle of the night for me (but not quite as bad as wee hours of the morning ACI!!!) And even though I'm half a world away, the nerves and excitement are really already building.... how you folk who are going to be there and see him (okay, and Boyang and Junhwan and the rest! but Yuzu first and foremost) are coping, I don't know...

This will be 4th competition here in Finland where I can watch Yuzu live, I've seen him win the Finlandia Trophy twice, the Worlds 2017 and now he'll be at the GP here, that's so great.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
This will be 4th competition here in Finland where I can watch Yuzu live, I've seen him win the Finlandia Trophy twice, the Worlds 2017 and now he'll be at the GP here, that's so great.

I’m so jealous. I’d kill to see my favourites, especially Yuzu, live at least once, but my health makes traveling impossible. Keep us updated on practices if you can and enjoy the event!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I'm keeping myself calm about Yuzu 'cause I'm panicking about Gymnastics! It's World Championships right now and last night I stayed up to watch the MAG finals.
Much yelling at the TV. :laugh: At the same time, I see other fans have made it to Helsinki already and are taking pictures. Looks cold! It's snowing.

Last edited:

lichi

sui holding a deep edge
On the Ice
It's already time for Helsinki :yahoo: I'm just hoping my usual streams don't crash :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.