Page 235 of 235 FirstFirst ... 135 185 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235
Results 4,681 to 4,687 of 4687

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reth View Post
    �� They don’t watch tv or read the newspaper or go online? He was everywhere when he won 2nd OGM.
    Aljona and Bruno were on every newspaper in Germany after their OGM, and still most germans can't recall their names, and can't recall that they actually won olympic gold in pair figure skating. Hell, you could show me any current FC Bayern soccer player, and unless they were in their team jerseys, I'd not even know they were soccer players. I live in Munich, I'm constantly impacted by these soccer games (public transportation is a nightmare on game nights, all those drunken idiots...), but I know nothing about the teams, I couldn't even name their coach. and who coaches FC Bayern is something of a... national matter, at least from the way it's discussed in media. (I ignore sports sections in german media, since it's all national soccer league and I'm just so anti-interested...)

So, being oblivious about sports you're just not interested in is not hard.

People SHOULD care more about Yuzu, though. because he's gorgeous. But many people will just never know just what they were missing.

Rinkside

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arpakasso View Post
    Aljona and Bruno were on every newspaper in Germany after their OGM, and still most germans can't recall their names, and can't recall that they actually won olympic gold in pair figure skating. Hell, you could show me any current FC Bayern soccer player, and unless they were in their team jerseys, I'd not even know they were soccer players. I live in Munich, I'm constantly impacted by these soccer games (public transportation is a nightmare on game nights, all those drunken idiots...), but I know nothing about the teams, I couldn't even name their coach. and who coaches FC Bayern is something of a... national matter, at least from the way it's discussed in media. (I ignore sports sections in german media, since it's all national soccer league and I'm just so anti-interested...)

People SHOULD care more about Yuzu, though. because he's gorgeous. But many people will just never know just what they were missing.
    Haha I don't think you need to worry about Japan needing to care more about Yuzu - the TV ratings for his segment of the Olympic competition was like 46% - that is about half of the country watching him win ! only Japan's winning game in the World Cup this year had similar average ratings.

the whole point of that TV show was to find Japanese people who are so out of touch with reality that don't know any famous people

which reminds me during the Olympics there was a gag TV program where they send a reporter who went around looking for people who wasn't in front of a TV watching Yuzu's Olympic skate and asking them "why are you not watching Hanyu fight for Japan? how could you?" Almost making it like a crime to not watch (although i feel sorry for the people being interviewed lol)

1 Not allowed!

It’s fine if they don’t know him but even the people there were shocked 😂

Praying for Yuzuru’s full recovery khtmyzr's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you everyone for the updates!

Quote Originally Posted by lzxnl View Post
    Do you guys reckon Yuzuru will pull out something like 3A-4T? It's worth 3.5 BV more than 4T-3A, although it sounds ungodly difficult;
    He talked about the 4T-3A here https://youtu.be/K-M1KtPkihU?t=1418

Quote Originally Posted by Interspectator View Post
    At GPF Meryl Davis ask Brian about Yuzu's Condition.
    Olympic Channel interview. https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/vi...t=gpfvancouver
    Somehow I feel anxious after watching this...

Quote Originally Posted by Interspectator View Post
    This blogger has kindly Translated some Finnish News articles from the Helsinki GP about Yuzu.
    https://pienikirjapollo.tumblr.com/p...of-helsinki-gp
    https://pienikirjapollo.tumblr.com/p...inki-gp-part-2
    Thanks to the translator!
    Hmm not sure why there's the misunderstanding regarding Yuzuru's education when the Helsinki GP was precisely the GP where Yuzuru was introduced as a university student before the SP

Tripping on the Podium Henni147's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    I live in Munich, I'm constantly impacted by these soccer games (public transportation is a nightmare on game nights, all those drunken idiots...), but I know nothing about the teams, I couldn't even name their coach. and who coaches FC Bayern is something of a... national matter, at least from the way it's discussed in media. (I ignore sports sections in german media, since it's all national soccer league and I'm just so anti-interested...)
    Same here... The funny thing is: We DO have very good skating facilities and various national tournaments here in the city. We even hosted World Championships in the past, but the majority has no clue about figure skating today

Well, at least a portrait of Yuzu hangs in my university office, so all math students and professors know him #EducationGapClosed

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Henni147 View Post
    Well, at least a portrait of Yuzu hangs in my university office, so all math students and professors know him #EducationGapClosed
    That's cool

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    The original video was posted before, but someone now combined Tessa/Scott's reaction and yuzu's actual skate. So here we go. Don't miss 3:00 when Scott reacted to yuzu's counter 3A.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ytdn2lq4LiI

Page 235 of 235 FirstFirst ... 135 185 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235