Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019 | Page 276 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

yude

Record Breaker
It's Monday morning in Japan now and no Yuzuru news yet :sad21:

The official practice will start soon so I am going to just wait until something comes. I didn't watch it but one of the hosts in a TV show last night said Yuzuru had not come back to Japan yet, but I am a little dubious about it honestly. But it is also possible that Brian and Yuzuru come later than Tracy and Evegenia, etc (they are in Japan now). I am fine if Yuzuru is fine, safe, and healthy (please).

firal

Record Breaker
Hmm, do we think he'll skip the Monday evening practice? That leaves only Tuesday in the main rink before the short.

Imov

Medalist
The men's am practice rink is going on now.
I am in the main rink though and as expected people have saved their seatsand left.

JustRozy

On the Ice
Country
United-States
He is in Group 2, isn't he, due on the ice 5 minutes ago? Waiting for any word, here. Every other thing in life is on hold.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
He is in Group 2, isn't he, due on the ice 5 minutes ago? Waiting for any word, here. Every other thing in life is on hold.

According to Jackie Wong, the only skater who has turned up is Deniss (well, at least the people who were there got something). I admit I got suspicious when someone said the NHK broadcast of the mens practice was the one in 10 hours... surely they would go for the one where they thought they'd have Yuzu footage. Got to think of the ratings here.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
I share every Hanyufan's anxiety, anticipation, etc. at the coming Worlds. I think/hope I'll have a handle on my emotions because I'll be on silent retreat for Lent starting Thursday (no cellphones so will miss the men's short). Will of course pray for Yuzuru who again has all the weight of expectations on his shoulders, expected to again excel despite his 3 months layoff from competition or because of it as Dave Lease would have it. Somehow he is always thrust into situations like this. I have commented before that God has given him great gifts and along with it, great challenges.

I see that just like for Pyeongchang Phil Hersh has again picked him as the winner (with asterisk) in Worlds, saying a clean Yuzuru in both programs is impossible to beat. Who will win 2019 figure skating worlds? My gold medal crystal ball perfectly clear on just one event — Globetrotting by Philip Hersh<br>
http://www.globetrottingbyphilipher...rystal-ball-perfectly-clear-on-just-one-event

Godspeed Yuzuru! Just be you, and that will be more than enough.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Where IS he?

I don't get it. Is he not fully recovered? Is he trying to prolong his silence? Did he sneak into Japan via private jet and airport entry?

Imov

Medalist
He actually has until wednesday to arrive, so if he wants to take his time so be it.
It is a crazy wait for him though

eaglehelang

Final Flight
None of the Japanese male singles skaters are there for the early morning practice. Many men also skipped, serms Dennis V had the whole rink to himself during his group's turn

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
He actually has until wednesday to arrive, so if he wants to take his time so be it.
It is a crazy wait for him though

We have to trust that he knows what he is doing.... remember, he has been doing the senior circuit now since 2012, he and Brian are way more experienced than we - and many of the other skaters - are, they know exactly what the ropes are and what will be best for Yuzu.

(That doesn't stop me from terminal chewing of the fingernails, though...)

Imov

Medalist
Rumors has it his flight will be landing after the MR practice. I just wish him the best ankles from now on and forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.