'Ray' - a really good movie | Golden Skate

'Ray' - a really good movie

Vash01

Medalist
I went back 11 pages but could not find a thread about this movie, so I decided to start one, although it's been a while since 'Ray' came out. It is a movie about Ray Charles- the singer. Jamie Foxx is awesome as the main character, in his mannerisms and everything except the singing (Ray Charles does the singing). The supporting actors are excellent too. It is inspirational because of how his mother brought him up, and how much he achieved in spite of his disability (blindness).

dmr65

On the Ice
I seen it the first day it come out and left very impressed with, Ray and Jamie. I've always been a Ray Charles fan since my childhood, but was skeptical of Foxx portraying someone serious, since I'm so use to him being a comedic actor... Well after yrs of people telling me Foxx is a good actor and favorable reviews of Ray.. I have great respect for his acting.. I hope he wins an award for his performance.. Ray's son said on a tv show, he brokedown and cry watching Foxx, because some of his movements were exactly of his father's/Ray Charles.

I just watched Foxx on the actors studio on Bravo.. I have lots of respect for him.. He worked his way up.. No one handed his career to him.

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
I saw this yesterday and was blown away by Jamie Foxx. Not only do I hope he's nominated for an Oscar - I hope he wins. The actresses who played important women in his life - Sharon Warren (as his mother Aretha), Kerry Washington (as wife Della Bea), and Regina King (as Raelett Margie Hendricks) also deserve praise.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)