Favorite Transitions 2018-19 Season | Golden Skate

Favorite Transitions 2018-19 Season

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We had a thread like this last season that was a fun way to celebrate some of the better transitions into and out of elements. Some are subtle and might even be missed otherwise while others are outright exciting and just fun to celebrate. With the season officially underway I guess it’s time to start noticing.

Anna Shcherbakova 2a transition into a beautiful and subtle spiral. Very well thought out with excellent execution. Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/FOzD7vSJkCY?t=45s

As the season unfolds please share some of the transitions that you find interesting. :agree:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here's one I like: https://youtu.be/nW3zTQQ6B9o?t=1m7s

I would wait till later on in the season, she'll get more comfortable with this program I hope. But this is still pretty well done.
The choreo for this program is perfection! :luv17:

That’s sort of the point of getting these out there early. For me it was fun to watch the programs after identifying transitions. Some disappear or become better as the season rolls along...some..not so much :popcorn:

I agree about Rika’s Program. It has potential to be one of the best next season.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
My suggestion is to keep bumping this thread after each of the JGP and GP because people need to see the performances. I have only seen the skates from Bratislava.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I'll probably have to wait for Muravyova's programs before I can say what my favorite transitions are.

But for now, I'll say I like the entry to Anna Shcherbakova's SP Flip.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Idk... This one looks okay, but the thing is these "unexpected transitions" aren't really unexpected anymore if they are in every program. Same with the obligatory hippity hops after every lift.

I get what you're saying, as exits have become abundant due to level requirements. I actually was pleasantly surprised when I first saw this because it's something new and creative from them, he lifting her right as she releases from the catchfoot and she swinging her leg over his head into a quick twist motion.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My suggestion is to keep bumping this thread after each of the JGP and GP because people need to see the performances. I have only seen the skates from Bratislava.

Yes!! We had quite a few favorites that people posted last season. One of the cool things about this is that we all see things a little differently. To me the transitions are my favorite part of programs because they sort of tie the athletics and the interpretation together. Some are athletic feats and some are just creative movements. When I used to make “fan videos” of skaters I loaded my videos with transitions and little choreographic moments that I felt stood out.

I hope to see a diverse selection of transitions that I may have overlooked or from events I maybe miss this season and find ones I overlooked too. :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Yes!! We had quite a few favorites that people posted last season. One of the cool things about this is that we all see things a little differently. To me the transitions are my favorite part of programs because they sort of tie the athletics and the interpretation together. Some are athletic feats and some are just creative movements. When I used to make “fan videos” of skaters [/B]I loaded my videos with transitions and little choreographic moments that I felt stood out.

I hope to see a diverse selection of transitions that I may have overlooked or from events I maybe miss this season and find ones I overlooked too. :)

i guess that's why you never finished chiddy's video you told me you were doing to console me one day ;) too many awesome transitions :)