Favorite Transitions 2018-19 Season | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Favorite Transitions 2018-19 Season

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I expect this to change over the course of the season, but to this point my favorite transition this season is Daria Usacheva's FS Flip entry. Hopefully she'll hold it just a liiiittle bit longer in a competition this season.

Still waiting for a good, high 180 degree(minimum) split jump as a transition. Will potentially need to make that my favorite when it happens.

randomfan

Record Breaker
As someone else mentioned above, Alena’s ina bauer-2A-falling leaf is lovely :love:

Is it a transition if it's part of the ChSq? ;)

Since this is mentioned, where was the real ChSq in this program? Was it the timestamped section in the link or the section between the combo spin and the 3S/2A? Because I always thought it was that second one but the protocols throughout the season kept going back and forth. It seems that even the technical callers were confused.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Alina’s charlotte-counter-2A

I love this little frame in the middle of falling leaf right after. Alena looks like an angel figurine, it's an athletically-artistic skill itself to immediately establish & to sustain this position for us to enjoy while hopping into the air off the ice and moving vertically. You can stop it on your own and admire. Her back position while she's doing her Ina Bauer is picture perfect too.

https://youtu.be/EqXwhsFJmd4?t=51s

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
This season the ice dancers are allowed to do more stuff in between twizzle sets. One of my favourites we've seen so far is Marjorie Lajoie and Zachary Lagha's free dance, where after the first twizzle sequence he swings her around in a knee slide to the other direction. It's simple, but very striking.

epicdreamer

Rinkside
Yuzuru's sit-twizzle transition into his spin in the FP 😍😍😍😍 I think he did this type of thing before in an EX and I'm so glad it's been put in, looks so cool!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
This was from last May, but stumbled upon this fun set of transitions into a double axel done by Gary Beacom at a Master's Event. It also looks pretty hard to control a counter and then two changes of edge and still maintain momentum to execute the 2A -- at the age of 59, at that! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA6Y69keNGk#t=58s

He also has some nifty transitions into his double lutz at 1:19, and very interesting footwork (and good spins too!)

rikaquegira

On the Ice
my god I was looking for this thread days ago and couldn't find it!
now I don't even remember what I was going to post... :scratch2:
but anyway, this time I subscribed! :biggrin: