2018-19 European Ladies' figure skating | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2018-19 European Ladies' figure skating

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
Who is her coach? Very pleasant surprise.
She is training in Kyiv and her coach is Marina Amirkhanova. In on of her interviews she said, that Aliona Savchenko father also helps her with off-ice training

DenissVFan

Medalist
Ekatarina Kurakova competed in Oświęcim, Poland this weekend, representing MKS Axel Toruń. She scored 64.84 in the SP and 123.27 in the FS; 188.11 points in total. Here are the results of the competition (it's over, so I hope it's okay to post this here). She's listed under "Solistki - Junior (Bez Klasyfikacji)". Unfortunately, I can't find any videos of the event.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I guess we'll see her at Worlds and Europeans then, probably, since the senior champion only had 125. This could be really great for Katya!

icetug

Medalist
I guess we'll see her at Worlds and Europeans then, probably, since the senior champion only had 125.

That will be decided after national championships, I suppose. The problem is: when she will be able to represent new country? Her last international event was in January 2017. But: she has to earn senior TES before she will go to Europeans. So most probably we will see her at Junior Worlds first, and then - if she manages to get TES in senior competition - at Worlds.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
That will be decided after national championships, I suppose. The problem is: when she will be able to represent new country? Her last international event was in January 2017. But: she has to earn senior TES before she will go to Europeans. So most probably we will see her at Junior Worlds first, and then - if she manages to get TES in senior competition - at Worlds.

Couldn't she go to a challenger later this season?
Also: does anyone have access to the free skate protocols from Katya? It won't open for some reason for me, but the SP ones work fine.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

Then she should have been fine as of Jan 2018 - it's only one year. Now, I don't know if she needs to be released, but that's a separate issue.

DenissVFan

Medalist
I don't think she can compete at Euros next year. It appears that her last international competition for Russia was 11-12 January 2017. If she can compete for Poland exactly a year later, she will have no time to fulfil the entry standard before Euros starting on 21 January 2019 (according to Wikipedia: "The ISU stipulates that the minimum scores must be achieved at an ISU-recognized senior international competition in the ongoing or preceding season, no later than 21 days before the first official practice day.")

However, she'll have more time to get the minimum TES for Worlds. I'm sure this won't be a problem for her if she's assigned to some international competitions.

DenissVFan

Medalist
I said that Maé could improve.

Good job by Maé, what a great birthday present. I hope this is a good season for her.

I also can't wait to see Anastasiia Arkhipova again on the JGP and Loena Hendrickx on the SGP.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
I absolutely loved Maé! I couldn’t be happier, it was the best I’ve seen her.

icetug

Medalist
Couldn't she go to a challenger later this season?
I hope so. Nothing has been decided as yet as (I guess) she had to perform in front of Fed officials first (what she did at that competition). So now they must decide if she is going to compete as a junior or a senior this year. According to the rules, she has to compete in two challengers (or other international competitions) if she moves up to seniors or in one only if she stays in juniors. A total number of points obtained in these competitions and in national championships will decide who is going to represent Poland at Euros and Worlds.
So when we see her name on the entry list for a competition we will know if she is going to compete in juniors or seniors this season.

Also: does anyone have access to the free skate protocols from Katya? It won't open for some reason for me, but the SP ones work fine.
No, the FS protocols weren't uploaded. What's funny, SP ones disappeared, together with the evidence that Katia took part in the competition... :rolleye:

DenissVFan

Medalist
No, the FS protocols weren't uploaded. What's funny, SP ones disappeared, together with the evidence that Katia took part in the competition... :rolleye:

I noticed that too. It's kind of suspicious but I think the Polish Federation would be eager to send her to big championships. Here's an article from January which says that if Poland wants to have a competitive lady, it has to "import" her from abroad, ideally from Russia (because even Russian #6-10 are better than most other European ladies). Marek Kaliszek, the Head of the Federation, says that for such a transfer to be truly meaningful, a Russian skater should move to Poland and help local skaters, which, he concludes, is impossible.

Hovewer, the recent developments show that it's not that impossible after all, as Katya apparently moved to Toruń (per a news report posted here some weeks ago). Moreover, there are several examples of skaters born in other countries representing Poland (e.g. Maksym Spodyriev, Igor Reznichenko, Jeremie Flemin, Oleksandra Borysova), so that shouldn't be a problem either. I wonder if the Russian Federation can somehow block her now.

Mawwerg

Final Flight
I have a feeling RusFed is not going to release her while Polish Federation have nothing to offer in return.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
I have a feeling RusFed is not going to release her while Polish Federation have nothing to offer in return.

They haven't been doing anything for her, or preserving her precious talent and skills, so I could see them releasing her -- not realizing how great she truly is