2018-19 European Ladies' figure skating | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2018-19 European Ladies' figure skating

DenissVFan

Medalist
Nastya Arkhipova still hasn't got another JGP spot 😐

I don't understand that at all. She was 4th in her event and got a score that would be good even for a senior non-Russian / non-Japanese lady. What's the deal with the Ukrainian Fed?

DenissVFan

Medalist
Congratulations to Viveca Lindfors for winning the bronze medal at Finlandia Trophy :agree: She really delivered today.

lavoix

Match Penalty
Congratulations to Viveca Lindfors for winning the bronze medal at Finlandia Trophy :agree: She really delivered today.

That was quite a shock! She was 2nd in the FP. Nice to see other skaters doing well. I hope she continues this.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Natasha McKay had a bit of a nightmare competition at Finlandia which is such a shame. But you could see at the Kiss & Cry that she knew she could do better. I’m really rooting for her to grow as the season goes on. If I’m not mistaken her program doesn’t have any triple triples?

This is only her first competition of the season!

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
Natasha McKay had a bit of a nightmare competition at Finlandia which is such a shame. But you could see at the Kiss & Cry that she knew she could do better. I’m really rooting for her to grow as the season goes on. If I’m not mistaken her program doesn’t have any triple triples?

This is only her first competition of the season!

As far as I can see on rinkresults.com, Natasha doesn't have a 3-3.

On the topic of GB ladies... congrats to Karly Robertson for setting a new national record in the free skate and overall score!
https://twitter.com/paul_peret/status/1048937938317402113

lavoix

Match Penalty
Why? I don't get her decisions sometimes.

She really needed Mishin's influence again.

Weathergal

Medalist
Carolina Kostner update - she is moving to Prague and will be coached by Tomas Verner https://twitter.com/wolfieonice/status/1055809891821076481

... :scratch2:

They both trained under Michael Huth in Obertsdorf for a while so maybe she wanted to go to someone familiar since she had decided to leave Mishin for whatever reason...?

On a logistical side of things, I wonder how many languages Carolina speaks. She's trained in Italy, Germany, Russia (not sure if she's also trained in the U.S. or anywhere else), and now she's moving to the Czech Republic. Not that she would have to learn all those languages, but just curious.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
If Paganini and Hendrickx and Lindfors can skate clean at Europeans it’s gonna be such a fun competition!!!!!!! It’s safe to say that the judges aren’t big fans of Meite, so she won’t be in the mix, and other ladies are hot and cold, so I’ll be rooting for these 3!!!

DenissVFan

Medalist
Elżbieta Gabryszak of Poland reached the minimum TES for Worlds in the SP at Warsaw Cup. To my knowledge, she hasn't got the FS TES (yet).

Sk8swan

On the Ice
They both trained under Michael Huth in Obertsdorf for a while so maybe she wanted to go to someone familiar since she had decided to leave Mishin for whatever reason...?

On a logistical side of things, I wonder how many languages Carolina speaks. She's trained in Italy, Germany, Russia (not sure if she's also trained in the U.S. or anywhere else), and now she's moving to the Czech Republic. Not that she would have to learn all those languages, but just curious.

Ladinic (her mother tongue), Italian, German, English, French... and she studied some Russian too when she went to train with Mishin...she has grown up 'trilingual' so language barrier is definitely not a concern for her!

Speaking of Carolina, she's still dealing with hip injury and she won't compete at Italian Nationals, scheduled December 13-15th. https://www.fisg.it/web/figura-a-tre...italiani-2019/

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Elżbieta Gabryszak of Poland reached the minimum TES for Worlds in the SP at Warsaw Cup. To my knowledge, she hasn't got the FS TES (yet).

It’s a bit worrying how many skaters have yet to hit the minimums.

Nirti

Medalist
For the moment, it seems that she hasn't been released by Russia to Poland? She's not scheduled at any international event in december, so no chance to qualify for Europeans...

By the way, I realize that Angelina Kuchvalska, who was #4 at the 2016 Europeans, still doesn't meet the TES for 2019 Europeans. Her return to high-level skating is a long and tough road :( If Diana Nikitina isn't back from injury in time, we'll see Elizabete Jubkane representing Latvia.

Aliaksandra Chepeleva will try today in Tallinn to meet the free program TES to qualify to Europeans. She's the only chance for Belarus to send a home skater to the championships they will organize. EDIT : 39.47, still 0.5 points missing... :bang:

DenissVFan

Medalist
It looks like Pernille Sorensen of Denmark has got the TES for Worlds in both programmes at Tallin Trophy.