Yuma Kagiyama | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Yuma Kagiyama

Penrhyn

Spectator
(My schedule's gotten crazy lately so I couldn't watch live) So delighted for Yuma!!! He's so so so talented I cry :') I honestly believe Yuma could medal at Beijing- here's to two more injury free seasons! ✌️

Here's him celebrating after finally realising he won: https://mobile.twitter.com/ifsmagazine/status/1216385559079411718

A translation of a post skate interview:
https://mobile.twitter.com/ifsmagazine/status/1216473997627547649

And a YouTube video by IFS magazine with highlights of Yuma's beautiful free skate (including Medals!!)
https://youtu.be/_wDTx-Y6vXA

A little clumsy with the links but I'll learn :)

Penrhyn

Spectator
And again ^^
I love when the Olympic channel make One Word to Describe.... Videos!

Yuma called Shun a genius 😂 Gosh, love their friendship/ rivalry :)
Wish they'd have asked about Shoma too but I'll take what I'm given :')

Link: https://mobile.twitter.com/olympicchannel/status/1216340905625620480

The Olympics channel have collated a lovely set of highlights for Yuma:

Moments in the kiss and cry: https://mobile.twitter.com/olympicchannel/status/1216384810261925889

A summary article of the event:
https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/s...lympic-games-title/?__twitter_impression=true

Fool

On the Ice
Country
South-Korea
Congrats to Yuma for winning gold!

It also melted my heart to see him cheering for You Young today, but then he's such a good kid and supports everyone :eek::

icetug

Medalist
Congratulations on the gold! Hope for another great performance in team competition tomorrow (and second gold maybe :)).

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congratulations to Yuma! Job well done, 6th best SB :yes2: and BRONZE :yahoo: I hope he can carry this momentum into Junior Worlds :cheer:

Penrhyn

Spectator
Yuma!!! 😭 So so sooo proud of him! Now he just needs to smile on the podium :)

A small rant:
A few people are saying Yuma's GOE are inflated- perhaps... But please look at the 4Ts he produces, the sheer quality of them, and explain how they don't deserve 2.50+ in GOE? How with the height, the speed on take off and landing, the excellent air position, full rotation to name a few, he doesn't qualify for that level of GOE?

I'm not one to comment such things, but I do feel it's unfair to take away Yuma's achievements and hard work simply because he's a junior skater medaling at a international senior competition.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yuma!!! �� So so sooo proud of him! Now he just needs to smile on the podium :)

A small rant:
A few people are saying Yuma's GOE are inflated- perhaps... But please look at the 4Ts he produces, the sheer quality of them, and explain how they don't deserve 2.50+ in GOE? How with the height, the speed on take off and landing, the excellent air position, full rotation to name a few, he doesn't qualify for that level of GOE?

I'm not one to comment such things, but I do feel it's unfair to take away Yuma's achievements and hard work simply because he's a junior skater medaling at a international senior competition.

Well I don't know what people are saying since I don't have access to that part of the forum but you can't please everybody. People are going to complain when their favorites are involved and they missed out on a medal but that's their problem. My kids (Yuma/Jason) went home with medals and I'm going to celebrate :yahoo: The complainers can sit in the corner :devil:

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
Good job Yuma!

I feel JFed is regretting now the decision not to send him at senior Worlds

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to Yuma for wining the Bronze, love this young man's skating!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Yuma!!! �� So so sooo proud of him! Now he just needs to smile on the podium :)

A small rant:

Just don't pay any attention. Someone will always complain about the judging. It is like a right of passage in FS fandom. It seems that
when a talented skater appears on the scene and is very good bingo the criticism starts. All you have to do is look at Yuma's record this
season and know that the judges can't all be wrong.

Penrhyn

Spectator
Just don't pay any attention. Someone will always complain about the judging. It is like a right of passage in FS fandom. It seems that
when a talented skater appears on the scene and is very good bingo the criticism starts. All you have to do is look at Yuma's record this
season and know that the judges can't all be wrong.

I really wish it wasn't- I haven't had the displeasure of seeing it from the start... I became a Shoma fan the season before the Olympics and by that point his fan-base was already well established. But you're right! I'll note this and get thicker skin :)

Penrhyn

Spectator
Well I don't know what people are saying since I don't have access to that part of the forum but you can't please everybody. People are going to complain when their favorites are involved and they missed out on a medal but that's their problem. My kids (Yuma/Jason) went home with medals and I'm going to celebrate :yahoo: The complainers can sit in the corner :devil:

Yes... I suppose it's simply been a while since I've seen it! I've grown numb to Shoma hate by this point, so forgot certain people are like this. In the end people will hate regardless, but Yuma still got that 4CC bronze :p