Cantilever club | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Cantilever club

champs

Final Flight
I wish Youtube still had the video of James Santee (unless my memory is serving me wrong and confusing his brother David Santee with him) from some exhibition back in the early 1980s, where he did a cantilever in more or less a complete circular pattern with the top of his head pointing towards the center of the circle (kinda like an inside spread eagle but turned inside out since he's leaning backward) using maybe about a third or a quarter of the entire rink. It looked really amazing.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
There's also a tradition of dance teams doing cantilevered moves. Gilles and Poirier included one, for instance, in their James Bond program at the Olympics and Worlds. Don't have time right now to find the link, but it's interesting to see a PAIR do a cantilevered move as part of their choreography.

bunnybarista

If I risk it all, could you break my fall?~
On the Ice
There's also a tradition of dance teams doing cantilevered moves. Gilles and Poirier included one, for instance, in their James Bond program at the Olympics and Worlds. Don't have time right now to find the link, but it's interesting to see a PAIR do a cantilevered move as part of their choreography.

I linked a photo earlier in this thread of dance team Zoe Blanc and Pierre-Loup Bouquet doing a cantilever lift! I agree that it's very interesting to see couples doing cantilevers. I imagine in some ways it is a lot harder, and maybe also easier. (I probably will never be able find out personally LOL)

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
The cantilever is by far the most difficult-looking figure skating move to me (well, counting each jump as the same move regardless of rotations, I mean). Huge respect to all the skaters who can do it. :love: