Sydne Vogel | Golden Skate

Sydne Vogel

Arianne

On the Ice
I heard that Sydne Vogel is still competing. She competed at regionals this year? Does anyone know if she will make it to nationals?

Arianne

Last edited:

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
I was there at the Pacific Coast championships and saw Sydne skate. Just a ho-hum performance, nothing special. The lady next to me commented on her skating and said I can't believe that at one time she was Jr World Champion.

Anke G

Rinkside
Jhar55 said:
Didn't she move to Germany to skate?

She did, sometime in 2002/2003, but didn't do very well there, and decided to come home. I saw her win the Northwest Pacific Regionals this year, and really enjoyed her skating. I'm sorry wasn't able to advance out of Sectionals.

S

SkateFan4Life

According to the December 2004 issue of "Skating", Sydne Vogel won the Senior Ladies title at the Northwest Pacific Regionals.

Sydne had won the US Junior title over Tara Lipinski back in 1995 - a lifetime ago in the world of figure skating. She had very strong jumps and nice presentation, but she never made the World or Olympic teams. I believe the highest finish at Nationals in the senior division was fifth or sixth. She hasn't been one of the top American skaters for a number of years.