2018-19 Television Schedule

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
2018-19 U.S. Figure Skating Broadcast Schedule
All times Eastern, check local listings, subject to change

Date2018 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating SeriesTime (ET)Network
Sat, Oct. 20Skate America6 - 8 p.m.NBCSN (Live)
Sun, Oct. 21Skate America12:30 - 1:30 p.m.NBC
Sun, Oct. 21Skate America4 - 6 p.m.NBCSN (Live)
Sat, Oct. 27Skate America3 - 6 p.m.NBC
Sun, Oct. 28Skate Canada International4 - 6 p.m.NBC
Sun, Nov. 4Grand Prix Finland1 - 3 p.m.NBC
Sun, Nov. 11NHK Trophy12 - 1:30 p.m.NBC
Sun, Nov. 18Rostelecom Cup12 - 1:30 p.m.NBC
Sun, Nov. 25Internationaux de France4 - 6 p.m.NBC
Fri, Dec. 7Grand Prix Final11:30 p.m. – 1:30 a.m.NBCSN
Sat, Dec. 8Grand Prix Final8 – 10 p.m.NBCSN
Sun, Dec. 9Grand Prix Final4 - 6 p.m.NBC
Date2019 U.S. Figure Skating Championships Detroit - Jan. 24 - 27Time (ET)Network
Thu, Jan. 24Pairs Short Program5 - 7 p.m.NBCSN (Live)
Thu, Jan. 24Ladies Short Program9 - 11 p.m.NBCSN (Live)
Fri, Jan. 25Rhythm Dance4 - 6 p.m.NBCSN (Live)
Fri, Jan. 25Ladies Free Skate8 - 11 p.m.NBC (Live)
Sat, Jan. 26Pairs Free Skate & Men's Short Program1:30 - 4:30 p.m.NBC (Live)
Sat, Jan. 26Free Dance7 - 9 p.m.NBCSN (Live)
Sun, Jan. 27Men's Free Skate3:30 - 6 p.m.NBC (Live)
Sat, Feb. 16Skating Spectacular2:30 - 4 p.m.NBC
Date2019 ISU Championship EventsTime (ET)Network
Wed, Jan. 23European Championships: Men's Short4:30 - 6:30 p.m.NBCSN
Thu, Jan. 24European Championships: Pairs Free7 - 9 p.m.NBCSN
Thu, Jan. 24European Championships: Ladies Short11 p.m. - 1 a.m.NBCSN
Fri, Jan. 25European Championships: Rhythm Dance2 - 4 p.m.NBCSN
Fri, Jan. 25European Championships: Men's Free6 - 8 p.m.NBCSN
Sat, Jan. 26European Championships: Free Dance11 a.m. - 1 p.m.NBCSN
Sun, Jan. 27European Championships: Ladies & Men's Free1:30 - 3:30 p.m.NBC
Thu, Feb. 7Four Continents Championships: Ladies Short5 - 7:30 p.m.NBCSN (Live)
Fri, Feb. 8Four Continents Championships: Men's Short12 a.m. - 2 a.m.NBCSN (Live)
Sat, Feb. 9Four Continents Championships: Ladies Free12 a.m. - 2 a.m.NBCSN (Live)
Sat, Feb. 9Four Continents Championships: Men's Free11:30 p.m. - 2 a.m.NBCSN (Live)
Sun, Feb. 10Four Continents Championships: Free Dance1 - 3 a.m.NBCSN
Sat, Feb. 16Four Continents Championships: Ladies & Men's Free4 - 6 p.m.NBC
Wed, March 20World Championships: Ladies Short3 - 5 p.m.NBCSN
Thu, March 21World Championships: Pairs Free1 - 3 p.m.NBCSN
Thu, March 21World Championships: Men's Short3 - 5 p.m.NBCSN
Fri, March 22World Championships: Rhythm Dance7 - 9 p.m.NBCSN
Fri, March 22World Championships: Ladies Free9 - 11 p.m.NBCSN
Sat, March 23World Championships: Ladies & Men's Free8 - 10 p.m.NBC
Sat, March 23World Championships: Men's Free2 – 4 p.m.NBCSN
Sun, April 14World Championships: Recap3 - 6 p.m.NBC

Last edited by a moderator:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Please feel free to use this thread to add other schedules from other countries and I will re-title to reflect. Thanks!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado (October 1, 2018) – U.S. Figure Skating and NBC Sports Group announced today the broadcast schedule for the 2018-19 figure skating season. Having partnered since 2008, this season marks the first of a long-term media rights agreement between the two that was announced this past spring and will run through 2026.

Beginning with Skate America, NBC Sports Group will present an unprecedented 80+ hours of coverage, including 30+ hours of figure skating coverage on NBC, with an additional 50+ hours airing on NBCSN. Additional programming plus encores of NBC and NBCSN figure skating coverage will be presented on the Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA. …

FWIW, for anyone wondering about coverage on Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA:

As of now, its schedule for Fri Oct 19 - Sun Oct 21 has no Skate America listings.

So seems that at least for Skate America, any additional programming and/or encores on Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA perhaps would not come until after the entire event ends?​

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
https://www.cbc.ca/sports/broadcast

This has the full cbc schedule right through until after worlds: SC is on CTV so I assume people will need to have TSN to see most of it. Nationals is the same deal usually. Also nothing on there about the JGPF but that might be on youtube with Ted.

I'm a luddite and can't make a pretty chart btw. It would seem CBC tv is airing the skating in it's traditional Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon plan.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
UK TV - absolutely no coverage, as far as I can see. Bah

Not Eurosport?

Their schedules don't go that far yet. The Eurosport website does 14 days, while the Eurosport Player only does 7 days.

So, we should start getting an indication after tomorrow.

Although, the first 2 Senior GP's are the North American ones, and Eurosport don't normally do LIVE broadcasts overnight unless it is Tennis. So, it might be hard to judge the level of coverage we will be getting this season from them.

CaroLiza_fan

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
FWIW, for anyone wondering about coverage on Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA:

As of now, its schedule for Fri Oct 19 - Sun Oct 21 has no Skate America listings.

So seems that at least for Skate America, any additional programming and/or encores on Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA perhaps would not come until after the entire event ends?​

I found this yesterday. Olympic Channel, for at least Skate America, is only offering coverage after the event ends. Here is the link: https://www.teamusa.org/olympic-channel-broadcast-schedule

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I found this yesterday. Olympic Channel, for at least Skate America, is only offering coverage after the event ends. Here is the link: https://www.teamusa.org/olympic-channel-broadcast-schedule

Thx for the update. Good to know. :)

It's the same link that I had posted -- which continuously adds new days/weeks of listings as older days/weeks become history.

When I posted it several days ago, it displayed listings only thru Sun Sep 21. Glad that it now has added listings for the following week.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
UK TV - absolutely no coverage, as far as I can see. Bah

Not Eurosport?

Their schedules don't go that far yet. The Eurosport website does 14 days, while the Eurosport Player only does 7 days.

Although, the first 2 Senior GP's are the North American ones, and Eurosport don't normally do LIVE broadcasts overnight unless it is Tennis. So, it might be hard to judge the level of coverage we will be getting this season from them.

CaroLiza_fan

Just a wee update to tell you that it's looking good. On the afternoon of 20[SUP]th[/SUP] October, British Eurosport 2 will be showing 4½ hours of figure skating, starting at 16:00 BST. It is labelled as being a replay of the World Championships in Milan, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was a mistake and it is actually the SP's from Skate America.

So, I would bet you that this is a lead in to LIVE coverage afterwards.

Fingers crossed.

CaroLiza_fan

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Thanks a bunch for doing this! Its printing out now. Between this and NBC SPORTS gold "over the web" I can chase away the "Winter is Coming" blues.
This and my cruise to the Western Caribbean :agree:
(Dang...I am gonna miss Nats in Detroit...winter wonderland of the mid-west:noshake:)

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom

CaroLiza_fan

If they do show them I’ll very much consider getting a Eurosport player subscription. When last years Europeans were on the highlights were cut back to just the last ten minutes because of live Snooker. I was fuming.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I am just gonna assume Eurosport will have full coverage of all the major events on their livestreams again. I don’t think they missed any of the GPs last season...?

evasorange

Final Flight
So nbc touting “80+ hours of unprecedented coverage” got me pretty excited...until I actually looked at the schedule. Skate America starts with the pairs and men’s sp on October 19. Between nbc, nbcsports and Olympic channel there’s nothing scheduled for that day. Next day October 20 is pairs and men’s free skate in the afternoon, with the ladies and dance sp starting at 7pm. The only skating broadcast for that day on any of the channels is on nbc sports 6-8pm and it says live. So I’m guessing that they will cram all of the men’s events(and a brief mention of pairs) and some live ladies and dance into two hours. Really? Between three channels you couldn’t find two hours to show the men’s competition? And the next week it seems skate Canada simply gets on nbc just two hours for coverage of the whole event. Olympics channel has so much filler program and promote so much figure skating content on their social media channels I’m so confused as to why they aren’t showing Grand Prixs live like they did last year. In fact I looked at their entire schedule for the month of October and the repeats of skate America aren’t even until almost a week later! And nothing so far for skate Canada. If this is a strategy to get people to sign up for nbc gold it’s about to work because this “unprecedented coverage” is pretty pathetic...

icybear

Medalist
Just hope that some Japanese tv network hasnt brought the rights to all figure skating competitons and be copyrighting all gp videos on youtube. ISU also seems to be taking down a lot of figure skating videos recently.

waxel

Final Flight
So nbc touting “80+ hours of unprecedented coverage” got me pretty excited...until I actually looked at the schedule. Skate America starts with the pairs and men’s sp on October 19. Between nbc, nbcsports and Olympic channel there’s nothing scheduled for that day. Next day October 20 is pairs and men’s free skate in the afternoon, with the ladies and dance sp starting at 7pm. The only skating broadcast for that day on any of the channels is on nbc sports 6-8pm and it says live. So I’m guessing that they will cram all of the men’s events(and a brief mention of pairs) and some live ladies and dance into two hours. Really? Between three channels you couldn’t find two hours to show the men’s competition? And the next week it seems skate Canada simply gets on nbc just two hours for coverage of the whole event. Olympics channel has so much filler program and promote so much figure skating content on their social media channels I’m so confused as to why they aren’t showing Grand Prixs live like they did last year. In fact I looked at their entire schedule for the month of October and the repeats of skate America aren’t even until almost a week later! And nothing so far for skate Canada. If this is a strategy to get people to sign up for nbc gold it’s about to work because this “unprecedented coverage” is pretty pathetic...

Yeah, something smells. Last season had great GP coverage on NBC, NBCSN and Olys Channel. I can't even find any listings on NBC Gold at all for SA. :rolleye:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
The Eurovisionsports.tv app on iOS was just updated to a completely new version... and lists the GP season, with the USA GP as 1/7, so they clearly plan to stream all seven events again. I haven’t checked the website, but it should be the same.

Probably geoblocked as heck just about everywhere (Europe, for one, considering Eurosport probably has the rights), but still...

Miller

Final Flight
Just been looking at the Eurosport coverage of SA on their various websites. Looking pretty good for the UK, less so for continental Europe.

UK - will be 1 hour highlights 8 p.m. Saturday evening followed by 1.5 hours live. Looking at the event schedule am pretty sure this will be Pairs Free live, presumably preceded by the Short Program from the previous evening - SA has the Pairs' and Mens' SP Friday evening west coast America time. The 4.5 hours of 'World Championships' referred to by Caroliza_Fan in a previous post presumably really is this, because there's only the 2 SPs from the previous evening.

Unbelievably there will also be 7 hours straight of figure skating coverage from 3.30 p.m. on the Saturday afternoon on E2 if you want to re-watch the World Championships highlights as well as the SA programmes.

Sunday - there's 2 hours of highlights from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. on E1 if snooker doesn't get in the way. Hopefully this will include the Men's LP highlights which will be too late to show live on the Saturday evening. Here's hoping.

Then on E2 in the evening there's live skating 7.15 p.m. to 8.45 p.m. and 9 p.m. to 10.45 p..m. These will be the Free Dance and Ladies LP respectively, so not too bad all things considered and the time differences and everything. SA and SC have always been a bit patchy in the past.

Europe/.com (plus looked at .de website).

Saturday is same as the UK but 1 hour later obviously. However Sunday evening is messed up by Major League Soccer, which Sky has the rights to in the UK. Hence the only skating is highlights 1.15 p.m. CET on E2 in the afternoon, will have to see what it is, hopefully the Mens LP for completeness, and then 11 p.m. late on on E1, yet again will have to see what it is. At least SA is the only one AFAIK which has skating, competition that is, on the Sunday, Skate Canada should be Friday p.m. + evening sessions, and the same on Saturday, so MLS on Sunday evening shouldn't come into it, plus the time difference isn't as extreme, only 5 hours for Canada vs 8 for SA, so hopefully we'll get the afternoon sessions on the Friday and Saturday and highlights of the evening sessions the following day.