2018-19 Television Schedule | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Television Schedule

Tutto

Record Breaker
Just checked the ESP Player listings, and they are still saying the same as they were on Monday.

But, you are right. If you look at the Time Schedule for the Men's FS, it doesn't finish until 15:15 GMT.

So, the skating will be over by the time the Mixed Relay from Biathlon Worlds starts.

As for the things that are scheduled in between, they aren't actually LIVE - the Ski Jumping is from last Sunday, and the Universiade Biathlon is a repeat of a broadcast from earlier in the day.

Given this, I like to think that the LIVE figure skating would be given priority.

CaroLiza_fan

Would it though? I'll believe it when I see it
Meanwhile I am preparing myself for disappointment, I am off tomorrow and was looking forward to Mens FS tomorrow (until you guys pointed out that we might not be shown the final group ;):))

Correction: if the times are correct we'll last see June Hyoung LEE skate leaving out 2 last skaters in his group and 2 (!) final groups :dev2:

Tutto

Record Breaker
Another oddity for tomorrow - Pairs FS live on BESP scheduled from 8.50 to 10.30 but there are only 4 pairs hardly enough to fill 1h 40min

Miller

Final Flight
Just checked the ESP Player listings, and they are still saying the same as they were on Monday.

But, you are right. If you look at the Time Schedule for the Men's FS, it doesn't finish until 15:15 GMT.

So, the skating will be over by the time the Mixed Relay from Biathlon Worlds starts.

As for the things that are scheduled in between, they aren't actually LIVE - the Ski Jumping is from last Saturday, and the Universiade Biathlon is a repeat of a broadcast from earlier in the day.

Given this, I would like to think that the LIVE figure skating would be given priority.

CaroLiza_fan

Thanks for this, but I have a horrible feeling we're up the creek. The time schedule you linked to has a second page and so the skating only finishes at 3.55 p.m. UK time i.e. when Andrei Lazukin finishes. So if that's the case major surgery is likely to be required to their schedules. However we can but hope, either that or just watch it on the Player.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Thanks for this, but I have a horrible feeling we're up the creek. The time schedule you linked to has a second page and so the skating only finishes at 3.55 p.m. UK time i.e. when Andrei Lazukin finishes. So if that's the case major surgery is likely to be required to their schedules. However we can but hope, either that or just watch it on the Player.

:bang: :bang: :bang:

You know, that is the second time I've made that mistake today! I did it with the Men's SP, and now I've done it again with the Men's FS! :drama:

I doubt too many late nights this week are starting to catch up with me...

By the way, I just had a look around some of the other versions of Eurosport, and I can't see anything obvious that would take precedence. Most of them are just showing a half hour Formual E preview, followed by an episode of WATTS.

ESP France is showing tennis, though. But, they have lots of different rights to other versions, and the default schedule doesn't normally make allowances for them.

So, in short, I don't know what's going on! Sorry.

CaroLiza_fan

Miller

Final Flight
Would it though? I'll believe it when I see it
Meanwhile I am preparing myself for disappointment, I am off tomorrow and was looking forward to Mens FS tomorrow (until you guys pointed out that we might not be shown the final group ;):))

Correction: if the times are correct we'll last see June Hyoung LEE skate leaving out 2 last skaters in his group and 2 (!) final groups :dev2:

So, in short, I don't know what's going on! Sorry.

Well my SKY EPG is still the same, but things might be happening.

The Eurosport UK Player schedule now has Men's live on E1 11:50 to 3 p.m., presumably all live. Then further coverage, presumably, in fact has to be, highlights on E1 5.15 p.m. to 5.45 p.m. Watch this space, the latter wouldn't be long enough for the final group, the earlier programme would be cut-off at the end of Group 3, but hopefully the later programme might get extended to have the whole of the final group.

If push comes to shove the Player also has commentary (it comes from FISU which is obviously different to the ISU), and she's not too bad from what I can see, so there's that as well if all else fails.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well my SKY EPG is still the same, but things might be happening.

The Eurosport UK Player schedule now has Men's live on E1 11:50 to 3 p.m., presumably all live. Then further coverage, presumably, in fact has to be, highlights on E1 5.15 p.m. to 5.45 p.m. Watch this space, the latter wouldn't be long enough for the final group, the earlier programme would be cut-off at the end of Group 3, but hopefully the later programme might get extended to have the whole of the final group.

If push comes to shove the Player also has commentary (it comes from FISU which is obviously different to the ISU), and she's not too bad from what I can see, so there's that as well if all else fails.

Yes, that would be a sensible way of dealing with this clash. (Although, would you trust the Eurosport schedulers to do something sensible?)

Just in case you hadn't realised (and I am ashamed to admit that I didn't until it was pointed out to me), it's PJ Kwong that is doing the World Feed commentary. :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

It's been far too long since I last heard her actually commentating rather than just doing rink side announcing.

CaroLiza_fan

Miller

Final Flight
Yes, that would be a sensible way of dealing with this clash. (Although, would you trust the Eurosport schedulers to do something sensible?)

Just in case you hadn't realised (and I am ashamed to admit that I didn't until it was pointed out to me), it's PJ Kwong that is doing the World Feed commentary. :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

It's been far too long since I last heard her actually commentating rather than just doing rink side announcing.

CaroLiza_fan

Well they managed to muddle through in the end, but it's a shame it happened in the first place - I wonder how many fans ended up missing the highlights of the final group programme.

However you never know some good might come out of it all. It must have been a bit embarrassing behind the scenes when they realised what had happened. Perhaps they'll take a bit more care and attention in the future. I still can't get over what was happening in the Autumn when they were showing highlights of skating, highlights that they'd shown before, but live skating was going on that they could have showed instead, and it wouldn't have clashed with any further live programmes coming up.

Tutto

Record Breaker
Well they managed to muddle through in the end, but it's a shame it happened in the first place - I wonder how many fans ended up missing the highlights of the final group programme.

However you never know some good might come out of it all. It must have been a bit embarrassing behind the scenes when they realised what had happened. Perhaps they'll take a bit more care and attention in the future. I still can't get over what was happening in the Autumn when they were showing highlights of skating, highlights that they'd shown before, but live skating was going on that they could have showed instead, and it wouldn't have clashed with any further live programmes coming up.

Luckily I was at home and was able to record the highlights but not happy at all they cut out Tomono and Lazukin
And of course no ladies at all :dev2: not even highlights on Monday for God sake!

Miller

Final Flight
Luckily I was at home and was able to record the highlights but not happy at all they cut out Tomono and Lazukin
And of course no ladies at all :dev2: not even highlights on Monday for God sake!

Yes, plus of course there's not going to be too many events at the Universiade where you've got world class athletes from all around the world competing - Mai Mihara was brilliant today for example.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
German Channel ONE will show parts of the World Figure Skating Championships in Japan. This is Germany so the times are CET. ONE is showing Worlds in HD.

Wednesday 20th of March
Ladies' Short live 9:00-13:00

Thursday 21st of March

Men's Short live 9:00 - 13:00
Pairs Long Highlights 15:00-17:00

Friday 22nd of March
Ladies Long live 9:30-13:30

Saturday 23rd of March

Men's Long Live 9:30-13:40
Ice Dance Free Highlights 15:30-17:30

Sunday 24th of March
Exhibition Gala 14:25-16:25

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
I’m not sure if you’ve already said this Caroliza_fan but the BBC will be showing highlights of the World Championships on BBC2 on the 24th of March at 15:00. England only though annoyingly.

Miller

Final Flight
Well I don't want to jinx it (but looking at the other sport round about at the time we're going to be OK), but it looks as if Eurosport's coverage of the World Champs is going to be absolutely terrific.

Pairs and Dance, particularly, will suffer because of time zone differences and the highlights programmes (these 2 disciplines will not be Live) could really do with being quite a bit longer, but coverage of Men's and Ladies will be tremendous with 4 hours plus Live coverage of each program for each discipline.

Current coverage (Eurosport UK) looks like

Ladies -
SP - 4.5 hours live coverage E2 Wednesday morning
LP - 4.75 hours live coverage (entire event) E2 Friday morning

Men -
SP - 4.5 hours live coverage E2 Thursday morning
LP - 4.25 hours live coverage (full event) E2 Saturday morning

Pairs -
SP - 1.5 hours highlights after the Ladies SP coverage on Wednesday morning. There will also be multiple highlights programmes throughout the day on Wednesday and Thursday of the events on those days. Less so on Friday/Saturday as other live events impinge, but there's plenty of opportunity for watching highlight programmes at more convenient times on Wednesday/Thursday.

LP - 1.5 hours highlights programmes before and after the Men's SP on Thursday morning. See also comments about other highlight programmes.

Dance -
RD - will be 1.25 or 1.5 hour highlights programme on E1 Friday evening
FD - will be 1 or 1.5 hour highlights programme Saturday evening E1. This is the only really disappointing one, especially if it just turns out to be the 1 hour programme, but if it's the 1.5 hour one then it'll just be about OK, as with the Pairs.

Edit - both Dance programmes will be 1.5 hours.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I’m not sure if you’ve already said this Caroliza_fan but the BBC will be showing highlights of the World Championships on BBC2 on the 24th of March at 15:00. England only though annoyingly.

Nope, I hadn't even looked at the TV schedules yet, as I am still trying to catch up on the Universiade. Plus, I prefer to do it when we have the schedules for the entirity of the event available, partly because it makes it is easier to compile the post, and partly because it lessens the chance of the schedules changing if you do it closer to the time. (I remember one time having to re-do the schedule post 3 or 4 times because I had made it out too early and Eurosport kept making changes).

Hey, at least with this new BBC Scotland channel it means you now get the network BBC2 on all platforms. And so don't have to worry about things getting bumped off.

I am so jealous of you guys in Scotland. I know people are complaining about the cost of the new channel, but I wish the BBC would do the same for all the nations and regions. In fact, I would go further than what has been done in Scotland. I would have a separate channel for each region where ALL the local programming could be shown, and have not just a single BBC2 but a single BBC1 as well. Because here in NI we deviate from the default schedules on both channels practically every day.

CaroLiza_fan

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
I forgot to say it was LaRumba who tipped me off about the BBC coverage.

Hey, at least with this new BBC Scotland channel it means you now get the network BBC2 on all platforms. And so don't have to worry about things getting bumped off.

I am so jealous of you guys in Scotland. I know people are complaining about the cost of the new channel, but I wish the BBC would do the same for all the nations and regions. In fact, I would go further than what has been done in Scotland. I would have a separate channel for each region where ALL the local programming could be shown, and have not just a single BBC2 but a single BBC1 as well. Because here in NI we deviate from the default schedules on both channels practically every day.

CaroLiza_fan

That’s true and with digital you can access BBC England. I wish everyone could get there own channel too. Hopefully they can release some more air space or money to the regional channels soon. It unlikely though until that which will not be named is dealt with.

I’m excited to be hearing from Robin Cousins though! Hopefully the highlights show us all of the UK’s entries since Eurosport sometimes cuts the lower ranks out.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I forgot to say it was LaRumba who tipped me off about the BBC coverage.

That’s true and with digital you can access BBC England. I wish everyone could get there own channel too. Hopefully they can release some more air space or money to the regional channels soon. It unlikely though until that which will not be named is dealt with.

I’m excited to be hearing from Robin Cousins though! Hopefully the highlights show us all of the UK’s entries since Eurosport sometimes cuts the lower ranks out.

I hope you are referring to dealing with the future of the free TV licences for the over 75's, which the government wants the BBC to fund and which the BBC says they can't afford, and not the "B-word" that we are currently hearing roughly every 2 seconds! :rolleye:

Don't worry - I read last night's new posts in the British thread earlier, so I knew it came from her.

I just had a look at the Sky EPG, and there is going to be LIVE coverage of the Pairs FS next Thursday on the Red Button from 01:15 to 05:30 GMT. But, that's as far as the EPG goes.

I would assume that they are going to have LIVE coverage for all the Frees, as that is what they have done in previous seasons.

So, I'll probably tape the BBC coverage and piece together with the Eurosport highlights later on. Because I won't be staying up to watch it LIVE!

By the way, you just interrupted me sending a PM to you! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

Miller

Final Flight
I just had a look at the Sky EPG, and there is going to be LIVE coverage of the Pairs FS next Thursday on the Red Button from 01:15 to 05:30 GMT. But, that's as far as the EPG goes.

I would assume that they are going to have LIVE coverage for all the Frees, as that is what they have done in previous seasons.
CaroLiza_fan

This is looking really good for UK viewers. I had no idea the Red Button was on the Sky EPG (channel 981) until the Olympics. With this and the hopefully unchanged Eurosport coverage it should be possible to piece together a very large part of the competitions live, or as live.

Thanks again for mentioning the Red Button coverage - I would never have considered it/forgotten about it.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
I hope you are referring to dealing with the future of the free TV licences for the over 75's, which the government wants the BBC to fund and which the BBC says they can't afford, and not the "B-word" that we are currently hearing roughly every 2 seconds! :rolleye:

It cannot be named so I couldn’t possibly say...

So, I'll probably tape the BBC coverage and piece together with the Eurosport highlights later on. Because I won't be staying up to watch it LIVE!

The RD starts at 3am. Even I have my limits!

By the way, you just interrupted me sending a PM to you! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

I received it! :) x

This is looking really good for UK viewers. I had no idea the Red Button was on the Sky EPG (channel 981) until the Olympics. With this and the hopefully unchanged Eurosport coverage it should be possible to piece together a very large part of the competitions live, or as live.

Thanks again for mentioning the Red Button coverage - I would never have considered it/forgotten about it.

I love that they do that! If you have a DVR you can record it. Very convenient.

1904sk8

On the Ice
I am trying to figure out who will be streaming ice dance (with commentary in english) I am okay with BBC, Eurosport, NBC, CBC because I will just set up a vpn if it is not from my country. I know people were posting but it is a lot to sort through. Can someone possibly summarize who will be covering it live and who will be doing recaps?