2018-19 Television Schedule | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Television Schedule

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Yes, time zones may not be so good. However there is one thing to watch out for that would be brilliant. The time zone would be really good for juniors and you never know we might just get Alexandra Trusova et al. in the JGPF. I know a couple of years ago we got Anastasiia Gubanova and Alina Zagitova setting back to back world records with fantastic skates in the juniors, and you never know we might just be lucky again, though of course figure skating seems to have definitely dropped in their priorities since.

It really has and it’s a shame because at Pyongchang when they had everything it was outstanding. I’ve recently learned they do actually fly them out there and the guys do watch all the events (or at least they are able to). Even if they can’t broadcast it on TV I wish they did everything on the player.

In other news I saw one of the Eurosport boys at my local rink yesterday, Mark, training for Dancing on Ice. The series should be over by March so I don’t expect he’ll be commentating again in time for the Europeans.

Miller

Final Flight
It really has and it’s a shame because at Pyongchang when they had everything it was outstanding. I’ve recently learned they do actually fly them out there and the guys do watch all the events (or at least they are able to). Even if they can’t broadcast it on TV I wish they did everything on the player.

In other news I saw one of the Eurosport boys at my local rink yesterday, Mark, training for Dancing on Ice. The series should be over by March so I don’t expect he’ll be commentating again in time for the Europeans.

Yes, it's bizarre you don't get commentary on the Player (I assume this is the case, I'm not a subscriber at the moment). It can't be that difficult technically, plus of course you can tell they're commentating live even for those things that get shown as highlights, so you would have thought they'd do whatever it takes to get it on there, it's such a no-brainer.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Yes, time zones may not be so good. However there is one thing to watch out for that would be brilliant. The time zone would be really good for juniors and you never know we might just get Alexandra Trusova et al. in the JGPF. I know a couple of years ago we got Anastasiia Gubanova and Alina Zagitova setting back to back world records with fantastic skates in the juniors, and you never know we might just be lucky again, though of course figure skating seems to have definitely dropped in their priorities since.

Eurosport have never really been interested in Juniors. So, I don't think they'll bother covering the Junior GP Final.

And the fact that Ted Barton has already told us that he will be commentating on coverage of the Final on the Junior GP YouTube channel also indicates that there hasn't been much take-up of the Junior competitions by the linear channels who own the rights to the GP Final. (Remember that when Eurosport did show bits of the Junior GP Final a few years ago, there was no coverage on the YouTube channel).

Chris mentioned towards the end of the commentary at the NHK Gala that he and Nicky would be covering Europeans. Although, last year Mark was still coming in to commentate while he was on Dancing On Ice. In fact, I distinctly remember one time that he was doing commentary the day before he was due to appear on the show! So, I wouldn't rule him out.

As for Simon and Catherine, although the Australian Open tennis finishes before the start of Europeans this year, there are only a couple of days between them. So there is no way that they would be able to get back to this side of the world and get over the jet lag in time to cover any skating.

Yes, it's bizarre you don't get commentary on the Player (I assume this is the case, I'm not a subscriber at the moment). It can't be that difficult technically, plus of course you can tell they're commentating live even for those things that get shown as highlights, so you would have thought they'd do whatever it takes to get it on there, it's such a no-brainer.

Normally, there is no commentary on the Player streams. Although, if there is something that is being broadcast on Eurosport International that is not being broadcast on a national version (British ESP; ESP Deutschland; ESP France; etc.) for some reason, they will put that coverage up on that country's version of the ESP Player in place of the raw World Feed. Which is great if you want to hear the commentary, but not great if you want to see the Warm-Up's in their entirity (because this version of the coverage has ad breaks).

For me, they should put both versions up on the Player for EVERYTHING. And I'm not just talking about figure skating...

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Be careful what you wish for.

Because I have just gone back to doing the TV schedules after having my tea, and in that hour some of the World Feed streams have disappeared.

I had done ESP France before tea-time, and just went back to do ESP Danmark. I was using France as teh template, and found that I was deleting loads of things. OK, so that is normal for the linear channels, but normally there is no difference in teh additional streams. So I went back to France, and sure enough they were gone there too. And then I checked Deutschland and British, and they were gone there too.

The worrying thing is that one of the things that has disappeared is the Ladies FS stream. So, if this is not a temporary glitch, we will only see the second group that are being shown on the linear coverage.

I suspect that somebody from Eurosport has read our conversation, and has taken it the wrong way, thinking we don't want the no-commentary streams at all. Either that, or they are being vindictive.

I am going to stop now, in the hope that the missing World Feed streams will re-appear overnight.

I really hope they do!

CaroLiza_fan

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
I am going to stop now, in the hope that the missing World Feed streams will re-appear overnight.

I really hope they do!

CaroLiza_fan

On the mobile app the world feeds are still there on “Upcoming” for everything except the Rhythm Dance and Ladies.

Miller

Final Flight
Fingers crossed but the Ladies Free livestream for tomorrow has been restored. Bit too late for commentary free Rhythm Dance and Ladies Short today, but at least it's something.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Fingers crossed but the Ladies Free livestream for tomorrow has been restored. Bit too late for commentary free Rhythm Dance and Ladies Short today, but at least it's something.

Halelujah!!! Now we will be able to watch both groups rather than just the last group.

WELL DONE EUROSPORT!!! :bow: :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

Now all we have to do is hope that what comes on the TV in 40 minutes from now is LIVE coverage of the Men's SP rather than what the description says (the highlights show from the Cup Of Russia)...

CaroLiza_fan

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
On my phone they have the ladies free back on! Tomorrow at 17:50. Something is on today at 1:45pm hopefully the Ladies Short?

Miller

Final Flight
On my phone they have the ladies free back on! Tomorrow at 17:50. Something is on today at 1:45pm hopefully the Ladies Short?

1.50 p.m. today is Men's short on the Player. 1.45 p.m. on TV is Rostelecom highlights , they've been saying that all week. Men's highlights on TV is 8 p.m. and 11.15 p.m. 17.50 p.m. on Player tomorrow is definitely Ladies Free - 17.50 to 19.55 p.m. I shall settle back and watch the Men's short (but will still check the TV just in case).

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ach! The schedules were correct. It is highlights of the Cup of Russia that is being shown now.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

But I'll stick around on the stream until the end of the Warm-Up.

CaroLiza_fan

Weetos

Final Flight
I am not sure if I'm understanding your conversation correctly so excuse if this is unhelpful.
I use the eurosport player app on my fire tv stick mostly, so I don't worry about scheduling - the live streams are always available and the commentary appears as soon as it's broadcast.
There didn't use to be a Fire TV app so I'm very appreciative that they've added it now and it works great, I can watch all my FS on my TV
The app on my phone, on the other hand, does not work At All.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
^
For me my phone is the one that works!

1.50 p.m. today is Men's short on the Player. 1.45 p.m. on TV is Rostelecom highlights , they've been saying that all week. Men's highlights on TV is 8 p.m. and 11.15 p.m. 17.50 p.m. on Player tomorrow is definitely Ladies Free - 17.50 to 19.55 p.m. I shall settle back and watch the Men's short (but will still check the TV just in case).

Ah yes sorry you’re correct. I can’t believe they didn’t show the Men’s Short live. So dumb.

Miller

Final Flight
I am not sure if I'm understanding your conversation correctly so excuse if this is unhelpful.
I use the eurosport player app on my fire tv stick mostly, so I don't worry about scheduling - the live streams are always available and the commentary appears as soon as it's broadcast.
There didn't use to be a Fire TV app so I'm very appreciative that they've added it now and it works great, I can watch all my FS on my TV
The app on my phone, on the other hand, does not work At All.

I'd be very interested to hear about your setup, and if you really are getting commentary on livestreams straight away e.g. did you get it for the Men's short that's just been broadcast. Thing is I'm using my computer but get no commentary as has been mentioned above.

I have tried a Chromecast via a Tablet to get the picture on my TV, but couldn't manage it, either because the size of my house prevented it - the wi-fi and TV are at completely opposite corners and/or my broadband speed is way too slow - I'm in a particularly bad spot. However the Chromecast seemed to set up properly, so it has to be one of the above. If your Fire TV stick is working and gives commentary on the Player livestreams as opposed to the TV channels then I'd investigate further/maybe try again. Many thanks if you can explain.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
The Men’s Short hasn’t had it’s commentary yet as the commentary only goes on the player as it is broadcast on TV. The RD and Ladies had the commentary straight away thought.

They never put the commentary up on the player before it’s on TV.

Miller

Final Flight
^ Yes, that's my understanding.

Funnily enough last night for the first time ever, you could tell they'd not done the Men's short at the time. There were one or two oblique references to the Ladies in the highlights programme, so they must have done it 'as live' (and a pretty professional job also) immediately after the Ladies, plus presumably they were off-site in the UK somewhere rather than actually being there which normally seems to be the case.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
I haven’t watched the Men’s SP with commentary yet but that would be strange as France it the closest location! That said both Si and Mark (glad to see I was wrong like you guys said about him being busy) do live in the UK unlike Chris who lives in the USA.

Weetos

Final Flight
No, sorry, I was wrong about the commentary - I checked at work and thought it said E2, which means it's broadcast and therefore has commentary, but when I got home I realised it didn't! I must have been looking at the wrong one. Had to wait til they showed it at 8pm for the commentary, it definitely only appears when it's broadcast on the channel.

I haven't tried Chromecast. I used to just watch on my laptop, I am not sure when they released the Fire TV app but I only found it when I renewed my subscription at the start of November. They used to have Eurosport available as an add on channel for Amazon, but that was never live, was hard to find what you wanted and you had to pay extra.

The Fire TV app you just sign in with your normal subscription. It's always easy to find the FS, both when it's live and when it was on earlier in the day. I have good internet though so can't say for sure how it would work for everyone.

Miller

Final Flight
No, sorry, I was wrong about the commentary - I checked at work and thought it said E2, which means it's broadcast and therefore has commentary, but when I got home I realised it didn't! I must have been looking at the wrong one. Had to wait til they showed it at 8pm for the commentary, it definitely only appears when it's broadcast on the channel.

I haven't tried Chromecast. I used to just watch on my laptop, I am not sure when they released the Fire TV app but I only found it when I renewed my subscription at the start of November. They used to have Eurosport available as an add on channel for Amazon, but that was never live, was hard to find what you wanted and you had to pay extra.

The Fire TV app you just sign in with your normal subscription. It's always easy to find the FS, both when it's live and when it was on earlier in the day. I have good internet though so can't say for sure how it would work for everyone.

Yes, a friend came round with a tablet, and was able to connect to my wi-fi (but other people have had problems in the past, the house is so big, plus there's the broadband speed). Then he was able to set up the Chromecast which I'd not previously been able to do, but then we couldn't get any further e.g. watching Youtube videos, so just gave up, plus watching something without commentary wouldn't really be that great, I can always watch the TV programmes, and highlights (but have just subscribed again under their Black Friday deal, £19.99 for the year - still a couple of days left). So was just hoping to use it to watch things like TSL rather than having to peer at them on the computer, plus if I did have the connectivity I'd no doubt watch the Player stuff on the TV also.

Weetos

Final Flight
I watch YouTube on Fire TV as well. There used to be a YouTube app, which they removed because they're asses. So Firefox promptly made a Firefox app that you can access YouTube with :laugh:

Miller

Final Flight
I watch YouTube on Fire TV as well. There used to be a YouTube app, which they removed because they're asses. So Firefox promptly made a Firefox app that you can access YouTube with :laugh:

Thanks, interesting to know. Got Chromecast because it's Google and Google owns Youtube also. One day will get it to work, maybe when we finally get BT Infinity/equivalent.