Chock and Bates withdraw from Helsinki | Golden Skate

Chock and Bates withdraw from Helsinki

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Madison Chock and Evan Bates have withdrawn from the event in Helsinki. Chock, a two-time Olympian, is still recovering from surgery on her ankle. The team is still scheduled to compete at Rostelecom Cup in Moscow..

Weathergal

Medalist
So sorry to hear this. I think I read somewhere that she said her recovery has not been easy.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Heal quickly Chock! I thought they might even win world silver; but I am not feeling so confident now.This in some ways as horrible as it sounds help Hubbell and Donohue clearly sit as USA no. 1

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Oh no! Double sorry to hear this because I am going to Helsinki and was dying to see them as they are one of my favorites and now that Tessa&Scott retired and the Shibs taking a year off I have lost all interest in ID for the season :sad21::sad46:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
It is a big loss for the competition and further delay in getting know their material for the season, but more importantly - how frustrating it has to be for Madison and Evan? They changed coaches and probably wanted to have a strong new beginning, a new chapter in their career yet is has to be delayed. Lots of health and patience for Madison - it is sure a not easy thing for performer she is to be held off by injury/aftermath of it, but she is doing the right thing in my opinion: only fully healed she will be able to skate and perform to her fullest capability and present new material properly, equally with Evan. Looking forward to Rostelecom then!

Roast Toast

Medalist
It is a big loss for the competition and further delay in getting know their material for the season, but more importantly - how frustrating it has to be for Madison and Evan? They changed coaches and probably wanted to have a strong new beginning, a new chapter in their career yet is has to be delayed. Lots of health and patience for Madison - it is sure a not easy thing for performer she is to be held off by injury/aftermath of it, but she is doing the right thing in my opinion: only fully healed she will be able to skate and perform to her fullest capability and present new material properly, equally with Evan. Looking forward to Rostelecom then!

Look on the bright side, their new camp has an excellent track record for injury treatment and recovery.

Joubabe

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I’m so sorry that Madison and Evan had to withdraw from their first GP with an injury. They’re one of my favorite dance teams and I’ve really been looking forward to seeing their new programs under their new coaching team. Heal quickly and well Madison and come back stronger than ever!

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I agree Doris. I love this team and esp her. They have been in the shadow of the Shibs then H/D. I love them and usually enjoy their programs. I wish you well dear Madison.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Who's even going to make it to the GPF this season? All new faces, I guess :)

Astrid56

Final Flight
So looking forward to seeing them in competition but i think it is the right decision if she hasn't fully recovered ... Better be safe than sorry later.