Lilah Fear & Lewis Gibson | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Lilah Fear & Lewis Gibson

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
I actually gasped went I saw the result! I’m so happy! I wish I wasn’t working!!!

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Wooooh go disco :dance3: :hap10: :hap85:

Amazing finish - 4th overall and 2nd in the free. Now hopefully they can improve their RD and make a splash at Europeans...

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
DISCO BABES!!! :clap::dance3::points:

I woke up and did a happy dance, what a stride they are making this season, so much quality, great materiał, expressive and memorable! To be honest, I expected our team, Kaliszek/Spodyriev to make a big splash like that after that 'Dirty Dancing' FD few seasons ago, but it was not to be... I am so so happy for Lilah and Lewis!

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Wooooh go disco :dance3: :hap10: :hap85:

Amazing finish - 4th overall and 2nd in the free. Now hopefully they can improve their RD and make a splash at Europeans...

Yes this is the key thing. They’ve got nationals on the 26th next, I’m hoping they can up their RD score their and peak at euros or worlds. They can only improve after skating the Tango Romantica again and again.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Yes this is the key thing. They’ve got nationals on the 26th next, I’m hoping they can up their RD score their and peak at euros or worlds. They can only improve after skating the Tango Romantica again and again.

Ah gosh I didn't realise it was so soon! With only three entries, I'd say they are very likely to come out British Champions :)

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
DISCO BABES!!! :clap::dance3::points:

I woke up and did a happy dance, what a stride they are making this season, so much quality, great materiał, expressive and memorable! To be honest, I expected our team, Kaliszek/Spodyriev to make a big splash like that after that 'Dirty Dancing' FD few seasons ago, but it was not to be... I am so so happy for Lilah and Lewis!

I was so happy too when I found out this morning. Their performance was soooo good! I really hope this was a breakthrough moment for them and they can make some strides at the Europeans and Worlds if they work on their RD. They deserve it!

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Ah gosh I didn't realise it was so soon! With only three entries, I'd say they are very likely to come out British Champions :)

Just booked my ticket to see them perform at the British Champs - can't wait.

They’ll be champions easy I think and they’re lucky as there are two spots anyway to the Euros thanks to Penny and Nick placing 6th last year. Hopefully they and Tweedale/Buckland can keep the two spots for next year!

I was really considering going to Sheffield also but for some reason I thought it was later in December... Perhaps I could go up just for the day for the Free Dance...

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
In case any of you were curious about the CBC commentary for their NHK Trophy FD, it's at the 3:44 mark (the password is dance): https://vimeo.com/297835302 Their RD wasn't broadcast on Canadian television.

LandShark

Rinkside
They’ll be champions easy I think and they’re lucky as there are two spots anyway to the Euros thanks to Penny and Nick placing 6th last year. Hopefully they and Tweedale/Buckland can keep the two spots for next year!

I was really considering going to Sheffield also but for some reason I thought it was later in December... Perhaps I could go up just for the day for the Free Dance...

Go on, you know it makes sense. Soooooo worth it.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I watched the interview with them, and it's important to remember that this is only his third pattern dance actually skated. And you know what they say about third time being charmed...

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Cutting it a bit close for nationals. Only five days between the Free Dance in Warsaw on the 25th and the RD at nationals on the 30th.

But Poland and the U.K. aren’t to far...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I watched the interview with them, and it's important to remember that this is only his third pattern dance actually skated. And you know what they say about third time being charmed...

And having your third one be the Tango Romantica, eek! They are making considerable progress though. 4th and 5th in your debut GPS is respectable!

And it’s great they’re doing so many events to perfect their dances.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I made a brand new running playlist made up of all the songs to their FD. They are great for getting through the dreadmill!

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
That actually sounds like a plan, especially since it has a nice slow section to take a break!

Actually speaking of their music I wonder why they don’t credit the fact that they have a bit of MJ at the end of their FD. Is that normal for skaters to leave out some songs from the list they give to the ISU?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
^ They probably just ran out of space! :laugh:

And if anyone cares the four songs in their entirety is 17 minutes long. You can play it twice and get a few miles in!

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
With 16 points F/G’s chances of making the final are close to zero right?

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Zero, yes.

I figured as much! But this is the first time I’ve followed the GP season (usually just follow Worlds and Euros) so I was pretty shocked they and MacNamara and Carpenter were still in the standings when there was only one event to go.