TES minimums for 2019 ISU championships and 2019/20 GP dates | Page 3 | Golden Skate

TES minimums for 2019 ISU championships and 2019/20 GP dates

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
This has been relocated to Torino, Italy. It's on the ISU calendar.
Wow. What a change. I wonder why they did so. Maybe ISU got fed up with fake medals, flags and the organization? Or maybe they simply want to start avoiding two GP events in one country?

Oh, I've just read previous comments and saw it's the result of the Christmas market attack. It's only strange that they didn't move it to any other French city.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
From the description of the arena in Italy for GPF, it's not so great.

Per a poster on FSU:
The Palavela kind of sucks as an arena though. No backs on seats on the sections nearest the ice and you will essentially be sitting on concrete so bring a cushion. Real lack of toilets too.....

So be prepared with cushions and such!

ETA: here is a picture of the seats with no backs
https://www.ariostea-high-tech.com/img/progetti/luoghi-edifici-pubblici/128/big/New+Palavela-02.jpg
So the 2nd tier has seat backs but the nose bleed (3rd tier) also have no backs to the seats https://www.google.com/maps/place/P...0xbe1e7fa660951da!8m2!3d45.0234336!4d7.669082.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I can't deny I'm extremely disappointed in the decision for Torino and against Strassbourg. Not exactly the news I wanted to start this year with.

Nirti

Medalist
Oh, I've just read previous comments and saw it's the result of the Christmas market attack. It's only strange that they didn't move it to any other French city.

It has nothing to do with the "Christmas attack". This kind of attack can happen everywhere in the world. It wasn't something planned, just a mad guy who decided to kill people in the street.
The decision to not helding it in Strasbourg was doing before it. It's probably more related to French Fed internal difficulties or logistic reasons?

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
It has nothing to do with the "Christmas attack". This kind of attack can happen everywhere in the world. It wasn't something planned, just a mad guy who decided to kill people in the street.
The decision to not helding it in Strasbourg was doing before it. It's probably more related to French Fed internal difficulties or logistic reasons?

We can only speculate. I’m disappointed.

Nirti

Medalist
We can only speculate. I’m disappointed.

The "no-choice" of Strasbourg was announced before the "attack" according to the article from german magazine "Pirouette". Then it was supposed to be held in another french city (Grenoble, Metz, Paris...) so the question is more, what's wrong with the French Fed :biggrin:

JustRozy

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I can't deny I'm extremely disappointed in the decision for Torino and against Strassbourg. Not exactly the news I wanted to start this year with.

I am so disappointed, my heart just sank so low. Well, it's good luck for others. But why northern Italy 2 years in a row?

pesto

On the Ice
Oh, I'd completely missed the news that this would be in Torino rather than Strasbourg. Bum.