Your top 3 all time Russian single ladies and men? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Your top 3 all time Russian single ladies and men?

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Men:
1. Plushenko
2. Yagudin
3. Kolyada

Honourable mentions Alexander Abt and jr Petr Gumennik - I wasn’t going to put juniors but he’s an exception for me

Ladies:
1. Zagitova
2. Tuktamysheva
3. Tossing up between Shcherbakova and Samodurova (although her tech is not the most ‘advanced’ her performance level is)

voolfee

On the Ice
1. Alina Zagitova
2. Elena Radionova
3. Alena Kostornaya

1. Evgeni Plushenko
2. Alexei Yagudin
3. Mikhail Kolyada

Weathergal

Medalist
Ladies
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
Evgenia Medvedeva
irina Slutskaya

Men
Alexei Yagudin
Sergei Voronov
Konstantin Menshov

lichi

sui holding a deep edge
On the Ice
Ladies
Medvedeva
Sotnikova
Kostornaia

Men
Yagudin
Voronov
...Plushenko?

zyxwl2015

Rinkside
1. Yulia Lipnitskaya
2. Evgenia Medvedeva & Alina Zagitova & Anastasia Gubanova & Serafima Sakhanovich & Sofia Samodurova & Anastasia Tarakanova & Sasha Trusova & Alena Kostornaya & Anna Shcherbakova

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Ladies is very hard.

But three time Olympian and twice medalist and girl with heart and cute perky hairdo for the ages- the legend of a decade Irina Slutskaya who overcame heart disease. Not always graceful she was a great jumper and spinner and very fast. And so likeable.

Then we had the Revolution and the girls are coming and going like flies. Under 6.0 I liked Volchkova but her nerves kept her back. Leonova grew on me.

But the little ones started coming and I cannot choose. I would say Med and Zag are the most talented so far with Liza third to them. Lipnitskaya was a child in her red dress. Unforgettable and the face of Sochi. Adelina who? Now with Alina as queen Adelina is forgotten long ago outside Russia anyway.

Men much easier.

Yagudin.
Petrenko yes he was from Ukraine but competed for USSR
Kulik the jumper

Longevity award and best competitor Russia has produced Plushenko. Who is like him? No. One. He is a brash original.

Manitou

Medalist
Are we talking about my favorites or objective accomplishments?
If it’s accomplishments then still no single lady accomplished more than Medvedeva. Two WC, Olympic silver - the statistics are objective.

As to my all time personal favorites it’s also Evgenia. By far.
From the younger generation it’s Kostornaia.
From the older generation it’s Irina Slutskaia.

Men it’s only Yagudin.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
I'm dealing with the past and not the present so..

Ilia Kulik
Ilia Klimkin

Irina Slutskaya
Marie Butyrskaya
Viktoria Volchkova

Globetrotter

Medalist
Men:
1. Alexei Yagudin
2. Evgeniy Plushenko
3. Ilia Kulik

Women:
1. Irina Slutskaya (no fight - she kept the Russian flying and the technical aspect of FS all those 6.0 years)
2. Maria Butyrskaya (she kept the Russian flag alive while Irina was young and awkward)
3. If former singles coaches can be included = Elena Tchaikovskaya / Tatiana Morozova

Arbitrary

Medalist
I'm a little bit going back on time to much but:

Men:

1. Ivan Bobrin - it was him why I started to watch f/s.
2. Alexandre Fadeev - the underrated one who began the Quad Era.
3. Alexei Urmanov - first to succeed.

Ladies:
1. Elena Vodorezova (known as Buyanova now) - she did well beyond giving the blood vessels disease happened to her.
2/3. Maria Butirskaya and Adelina Sotnikova - two great ladies, first to succeed.

gonewiththewind25

Final Flight
Men
1. Alexei Yagudin
2. Dmitri Aliev
3. Ilia Kulik

Ladies
1. Evgenia Medvedeva
2. Alena Kostornaia
3. Yulia Lipnitskaya

Ulrica

On the Ice
Are we talking about my favorites or objective accomplishments?
If it’s accomplishments then still no single lady accomplished more than Medvedeva. Two WC, Olympic silver - the statistics are objective.

As to my all time personal favorites it’s also Evgenia. By far.
From the younger generation it’s Kostornaia.
From the older generation it’s Irina Slutskaia.

Men it’s only Yagudin.

I mean don't get me wrong I love Evgenia, but wouldn't the most accomplished russian lady ever be Slutskaya? Two time World Champ, 7 time European Champ, 4 time GPF champ. One Olympic Silver, and one Olympic Bronze.

rachno2

Record Breaker
I had so much fun rewatching/discovering skaters to make this post. Purely based on personal favorites:

Ladies
1. Maria Butyrskaya—Underrated then and now! One of the greatest artists of the 6.0 era imo
2. Yulia Lipnitskaya—Her Schindler’s List is obviously iconic, but her final programs are my favorites, and gave us a glimpse into what could have been. I'm happy she's happy now.
3. Anna Pogorilaya—I guess I just have a weakness for angel-faced WBM wild cards from Russia. :laugh: Though I think she deserved gold or at least silver in 2016.

Honorable mentions: Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, Alena Kostornaia, Polina Tsurskaya :sad21: I liked Adelina Sotnikova, too.

Men
1. Alexei Yagudin—His jump quality and natural charisma on the ice cannot be denied. Winter is one of my favorite figure skating programs of all time.
2. Mikhail Kolyada—I really don’t care about the “headcasing”; he’s a majestic skater and I love his off-ice personality. :p
3. Alexander Fadeev—If you can get past the corny 80s programs, his jumps were exciting and his artistry was underrated. I’m glad he was able to get a World title.

Honorable mentions: Urmanov, Kulik

Petrenko is one of my favorite skaters ever, but he’s Ukrainian.

Manitou

Medalist
I mean don't get me wrong I love Evgenia, but wouldn't the most accomplished russian lady ever be Slutskaya? Two time World Champ, 7 time European Champ, 4 time GPF champ. One Olympic Silver, and one Olympic Bronze.

Ok, you’re right. Forgot about that bronze.