Carolina Kostner to skip ISU Grand Prix 2018 | Golden Skate

Carolina Kostner to skip ISU Grand Prix 2018

Katie0906

On the Ice
Sad news - Carolina Kostner to skip both Grand Prix series 2018 because of injury:
"I am very disappointed that I can not compete at the Grand Prix this season. But my body is like a machine that needs check ups and repairs from time to time. I decided to take my problem very seriously so as I don't put myself at risk of a serious injury and will be able to prepare better for the second part of the season."

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Yes sad, always love watching Carolina skate. Take care and hope to see you at Europeans :)

ETA ...when you will be almost 32 years young!

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
A bit bummed but I’m sure she will come back stronger, as she always has :). Good to see her putting her health as first priority. How else could she have gone to four Olympics, become a World Champion, and the most decorated skater at Euros (details that people can easily forget)? Speedy recovery to her!

Fluture

Record Breaker
:( :( :(

So many wonderful skaters skipping this season... Speedy recovery to Carolina!

Ulrica

On the Ice
Oh, man. So many wonderful skaters not competing this GP, hope she gets well soon and is ready to slay at Euros and Worlds!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Who will replace her ? Anybody knows ?

How are chosen the replacement skaters ?

The hosting fed can invite eligible skaters or they can leave the spot vacant. It’s entirely up to them which IMO is :whack:

Koatterce

On the Ice
Country
Canada
The hosting fed can invite eligible skaters or they can leave the spot vacant. It’s entirely up to them which IMO is :whack:

Iirc, they can only leave the spot vacant if the withdrawal occurs within 14 days of the event, so Finland has the option to leave the spot empty (imo they probably won't since it's barely less than 14 days and their skaters aren't podium contenders) but France has to invite someone.

VenusHalley

Final Flight
This is so sad, I was so ready to see her skate.

But by taking her health seriously, she will be able to make it to two more Olympics (please please please please please :)) and skate lots of more wonderful skates.

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
Miss Kostner, we will impatiently wait for you to come back! Get well and chillax.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Ugh! I was wondering when this might happen. This year of skating gets worse and worse. I guess we have to wait for the baby Russians to come next year.