Knierims split from coach Aliona Savchenko | Golden Skate

Knierims split from coach Aliona Savchenko

believed

On the Ice
Married U.S. pair team Alexa Scimeca Knierim and Chris Knierim confirmed a split from their coach Aliona Savchenko after their free skate at Skate America in Everett, Wash.

“Whatever lies ahead, we’re gonna be going through it together,” Chris told Andrea Joyce after their performance. “That’s gonna help both of us over the next three-and-a-half years. We’ve taken so much from Aliona… we’re very grateful for the work that she’s done with us.”

They did not say if they were currently working with a coach.

Savchenko also confirmed the split to NBC’s Johnny Weir.

Via NBC Sports http://olympics.nbcsports.com/2018/...is-knierim-split-from-coach-aliona-savchenko/

ETA: “Whatever lies ahead, we’ll be going through it together,” said Knierim. “It was insane how much work we were able to do with her (Savchenko) and hopefully we can work together again in the future.

https://goldenskate.com/2018/10/tarasova-and-morozov-take-first-skate-america-gold/

reneerose

Final Flight
Hmmm.....speculating about this now....was it scheduling or fees? Or just too tough training wise....

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Quite surprised to learn of their split with Coach Aliona Any thoughts on who would be a good option for them as a Coach? I was trying to come up with some names -- Jim Peterson, John Zimmerman, the Marcotte team, Rockne Brubaker, Bobby Martin (Marissa Castelli's coach), others?. They are SO talented and just need someone to help them pull it all together. I hope that it was an amicable split. It seems that it was.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'm guessing the timing didn't work out. Aliona and Bruno are doing the Holiday on Ice tour and probably have plenty of other activities, I think the reality of the schedule came to a head.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Not a terrible move maybe. As I pointed out the uncertainty of Svchenko maybe returning to competitive skating plus herr lack of actual coaching I am not sure it was that wise. I wish them all luck.

IceBallerina

On the Ice
I didn't expect this right now but it makes sense, especially since Savchenko wants to come back to competitive competition. I am guessing schedules did not work out. I wish them the best.

GF2445

Record Breaker
There are various reasons circulating.
One one side, I hear that it's a Scheduling issue.
In the middle, I hear that it's because Aliona wants to return
On the other side, we hear that there might had been a disagreement/argument about training intensity.

But I suppose these are unimportant, and have nothing to do with us.
All we need to know is that they are in search of a new coach

Weathergal

Medalist
On the broadcast I watched, they said that their choreographer Benoit Richard was with them at practices. I believe they also said something that he wasn't ISU credientialed to be with them at the actual competition, but I'm not sure about that. (I've seen him with other skaters - like Ivett Toth - and their coaches in the kiss and cry before but perhaps that's different than going as the only person and in the assumed coach role.) Mitch Moyer from USFSA was with them in the kiss and cry.

Tesla

Final Flight
I’m actually not that surprised. I wondered if Aliona would have enough time to coach considering all of her other commitments. I wonder if she just didn’t have the time to properly devote to them. I don’t think coaching a high-level pair is something that can be done on a part-time basis. I also wonder if Aliona realized that coaching just isn’t for her, at least at this point in time.

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Quite surprised to learn of their split with Coach Aliona Any thoughts on who would be a good option for them as a Coach? I was trying to come up with some names -- Jim Peterson, John Zimmerman, the Marcotte team, Rockne Brubaker, Bobby Martin (Marissa Castelli's coach), others?. They are SO talented and just need someone to help them pull it all together. I hope that it was an amicable split. It seems that it was.

Really, their pair elements are solid & they have 2 good programs in place. What they need most is a jump doctor. So I suggest they move to SoCal and spend most of their time with Raf. Hire Todd/Jenni for a few pair tuneups & to be at the boards with them.

Ross74

Medalist
Quote Originally Posted by gsk8 View Post
They also mentioned they hope to work with her again in the future. That part was left out.

At least it sounds like an amiable split now versus what was said yesterday. Drama by omission from NBC.

I don't see any drama. NBC did air the entire interview where this was said on its broadcast in real time.

pearly

Record Breaker
Not surprised at all and called it when they announced they would start working together.

pandatours

On the Ice
This isn’t THAT surprising but I do think it’s a shame. I am still mad at Delilah for how she handled the Caitlin/John split so even though I will admit she’s an okay pairs coach, I strongly feel like they maxed out with her and was glad when they switched coaches

It will be interesting to see where they move next.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Perhaps this will be a chance for the Knierims to work with Jason Dungjen, pretty please with a cherry on top?