Russian girls by the dozens | Golden Skate

Russian girls by the dozens

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Pick a favorite. Tell me Gs posters who are you rooting for? By this I mean seniors. Leave little Trusova for the future.

I see the tall Olympian I loved last year signed up for GP. Right now I picture hr perfectly and her programs and dresses but her name! Someone help me. She had the 3 Oly spot and skated well. My memory I am sorry.

This year I have decided I would like to see Liza do her triple axels and I am rooting for her and I love many Russian girls over the years. She is my wish for big comeback.

Who are you secretly rooting for? Esp outside of Russia?

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
I see the tall Olympian I loved last year signed up for GP. Right now I picture hr perfectly and her programs and dresses but her name! Someone help me. She had the 3 Oly spot and skated well. My memory I am sorry.

Maria Sotskova?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Yes thank you ——-Masha. I loved Masha and others found her boring. It is wonderful to see a tall girl do this sport as it’s so rare. Someone must take the place of Caro I believe Masha could have the lines we used to see. I hope she isn’t injured no one is talking about her at all that I have seen. The non Eteri skaters are all different. This year Evgenia looks a bit different but not majorly. Her style is well formed by this age with her big successes. Liza is truly a Mishin creation.

News of Masha?

moriel

Record Breaker
Yes thank you ——-Masha. I loved Masha and others found her boring. It is wonderful to see a tall girl do this sport as it’s so rare. Someone must take the place of Caro I believe Masha could have the lines we used to see. I hope she isn’t injured no one is talking about her at all that I have seen. The non Eteri skaters are all different. This year Evgenia looks a bit different but not majorly. Her style is well formed by this age with her big successes. Liza is truly a mission creation.

News of Masha?

She entered university this fall, and bombed Japan Open badly.

moriel

Record Breaker
I am rooting for Tsurskaya (pain), Alina and team Mishin (Liza an old sentimental fav, and Sonia for her grit at SA).
While I dont root for Zhenya, i want her to do well.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Gubanova is technically a senior now so I’ll put her right at the top of my list with Serafima. They skate with so much heart. The deck seems stacked against them but I’m gonna pull for my little cactuses no matter what. :)

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Liza for sure! :biggrin:

I also like Sofia S - and she did so well at Skate America - go girl!

As well as Sima, Alina and Zhenya Med. Although you've reminded me of Maria S, I hope she can do well too, such an elegant skater - I was totally onboard with the bent tano arm :laugh:

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Y
She entered university this fall, and bombed Japan Open badly.

She’s. Done? She said she wanted to skate for years! This is so crazy. One can’t count on anyone for more than two or three years. Gee I hope Masha skates again. Well on to rooting for Liza.

neusw

On the Ice
Y

She’s. Done? She said she wanted to skate for years! This is so crazy. One can’t count on anyone for more than two or three years. Gee I hope Masha skates again. Well on to rooting for Liza.

No one said she's done, it's all speculation. People are just suggesting skating may not be her only focus now that she's going to university. As for who to root for, root for them all. They've all go their own styles and special talents that make them interesting. We should all aspire to be more like Ted Barton :)

Shayuki

Record Breaker
... Seniors? I guess I'd say Elizaveta Tuktamysheva for this season. But all the Russian senior ladies are way, way down on my priority list.

Juniors and younger, Anna Shcherbakova and Kamila Valieva.

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
For me..my number one will always be Alina Zagitova :luv17:

Afterwards, it's very hard to choose because I was always a huge fan of Russian girls...If we talk only about current seniors i will go with Evgenia Medvedeva, Sofia Samodurova, Anastasia Gubanova, Anna Tarusina, Polina Tsurkaya and Daria Panenkova.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Zhenya... !!!
Polina...!!

Also Liza and Alina, though, so there‘s room for happiness, too. I‘m sure Alina will save me from my doom-mood next week. And Liza did it already by landing that fabulous 3A without step-out. :cheer: luv17:

I quite liked Sofia Samodurova at SA, so I wish her to do well for the rest of the season, too. Other than that: Sima Sakhanovich. Actually, I like most of Russia‘s girls. Most of them just have that it-factor. :)

starla16

Medalist
lets break into technical

jump capabilities

1 Trusova
2 Scherbakova - despite the ugly quad fliutz
3 Zagitova
4 Kostornaia/Medvedeva
5 Tuktamysheva

non jump elements with skating skills

1 Kostornaia
2 Tarakanova
3 Kanysheva
4 Trusova
5 Zagitova - very improved speed despite maintaining the hunchback strokes

expressiveness and interpretation

1 Kostornaia
2 Tarakanova
3 Scherbakova
4 Zagitova
5 Lipnitskaia

overall impact / audience

1 Lipnitskaia - souful
2 Kostornaia - poetic
3 Trusova - explosive
4 Zagitova - athletic
5 Medvedeva - lightness

Most Boring: Sotskova
the Most unrussian: Samodurova's Satokoesque jumps.
Overhyped Fallen from Expectations: Tsurskaya, Gubanova

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Seniors:
Medvedeva
Zagitova
Samodurova
Tuktamysheva
Tarusina
Panenkova
Tsurskaya

Juniors:
Trusova
Shcherbakova
Kostornaya
Sinitsyna
Kanysheva
Tarakanova
Vasilieva
Kostyuk

Novices:
Valieva
Usacheva

I only considered skaters from this season

moriel

Record Breaker
Y

I translated an interview with her, its somewhere in russian ladies thread.
She still wants to skates, has fairly high goals and talks a lot about her SP

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
I’m rooting for Liza because how glorious it would be to see her pull a Miki Ando

I still love Polina but I’m scared to watch her. It’s hard to root for her but I appreciate her skating as before.

I don’t really like any of the other Russian senior ladies, but this season Zhenya has become pleasant to watch. I’ll probably start rooting for her along with Liza.

I respect and follow OP’s instructions to not include juniors in this conversation. (But if I didn’t, Alena Kostornaia FTW :laugh:)

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I'm rooting for Team Mishin (Tuktamysheva, Samodurova, Gulyakova), and Team Turenko (Nugumanova, Sakhanovich) in seniors. I respect Zagitova for staying on top even after the Olympics (when most of the champions usually take a break or retire), and Medvedeva because she is trying to change her skating.

Disappointed by the rest of the skaters, basically they decided to take a year off with their lack of training; next season is the year of the new Eteri girls so this is the time to show up and grab some medal. It's almost like now or never.

In Juniors Shcherbakova is my personal favourite but all Eteri's trio always look 2-3 steps ahead the rest of the field. Respect for Tarakanova, the move to Plushenko is paying off, and also Alena Kanysheva and Kseniia Sinitsyna which are both quite underrated.