Weir withdraws due to injury | Golden Skate

Weir withdraws due to injury

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Evgeny Plushenko is one lucky man :laugh:

Well, I guess we know who is probably going to win now unless Brian Joubert can skate two clean programs and possibly challenge.

It will be nice to see another Joubert/Plushenko showdown.

I am still shocked that Plushenko is the first alternate because of just one event.

Go Plushy!!!!!!!!

Kasey

Medalist
Is it for sure Evgeny is going to do it? I thought he didn't want to do so much travel this year? Perhaps we'll see whoever is second or third alternate, like last year.

Kasey

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Well the 2nd alternate is Min Zhang (CHN) that would make sense since its right at home. The 3rd alternate is Michael Weiss (USA).

We will just have to see because if Plushenko competes it would be just like a mini world championships only you know without the top U.S. skaters

Ryan Jahnke is the lone american in the men's GPF

I don't know..............................Does anybody else feel this way????

curious

Final Flight
SailorGalaxia518 said:
Evgeny Plushenko is one lucky man :laugh:

Well, I guess we know who is probably going to win now unless Brian Joubert can skate two clean programs and possibly challenge.

It will be nice to see another Joubert/Plushenko showdown.

I am still shocked that Plushenko is the first alternate because of just one event.

Go Plushy!!!!!!!!

yes everyone can withdraw except him humm... lucky indeed! :biggrin:

While I am not disbelieving all these sudden injuries which are preventing top skaters to avoid part or all of the GPs, one should look to these skaters who have important Nationals coming up.

I doubt if Evgeny wants another GP gold medal, and the same goes for MK and SC. Even if Johnny's sprain is the only problem (and not any fractures) I can't blame him for not wanting to skater the Final. He could probably be ok with it all taped up, but if there is another accident :sheesh: ---why risk it?

Given the number of GP withdrawals this season, I really think it is time to rethink the whole concept and look for ways and means to have the GPs at an earlier time.

Bon Chance, Brian

Joe

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
I wonder what effect (if any) $peedy's letter might have on Plushy's decision.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I'd be surprised if Plushy went. I wonder now which of the ladies will drop out to allow Angela a spot at GPF.

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Well so far the only skaters I see who have the most chance is Yoshie Onda because of the injury she sustained prior to Marshalls

sk8tngcanuck

On the Ice
I think perhaps Plush will go if only to save face after the costly error from last year. He may want a chance to capture the title back ....

jesslily

Final Flight
His schedule for this fall is packed, two cheesefest and three grand prix, maybe a few local shows. He looks tired at last two competitions. Hope he'll get rested, recover soon, and do great job at nationals and worlds.

Hikaru

Final Flight
awwwww poor Johnny :cry: :cry: :cry:

I dunno why, but I feel Plushy won't go to the GP final. I think he did CoR because it was at home so there would not be any jet lag or anything, and if he's saving all his energy and concentration for nationals, then I don't see him making the trip to China. Unless he wanted to recapture the title for the flaw of last year's GPF. I would like to see Min Zhang there though. If Plushy doesn't go, then I think Jeffrey has a good chance of capturing the GPF title.

whatever happens it's going to be an interesting event!

Jill

On the Ice
I'm bummed, too. Good luck to everyone else who's competing, and I hope everyone skates their best.