2018 GP Helsinki: GP Predictions Game Round 3 | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2018 GP Helsinki: GP Predictions Game Round 3

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just letting you know that the tables in the Hall Of Fame post for the GP Helsinki have been updated, and can be viewed here:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/s...ALL-OF-FAME!&p=2207476&viewfull=1#post2207476

(And, yes, it was only when I came to paste in the tables that I noticed that I had labelled the post as "Round 3: Cup Of China"! :eek:: )

Also, since we had 10 new players for the GP Helsinki, the scoresheet needed re-sorted so that everybody is listed alphabetically again. I've just finished doing that. So, if you are not on the podium and want to check your scores so far, here is the link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...HyWOSlq9zUmtI2E5LSwT43rxp0/edit#gid=695932060

Finally, snowflake, your 30 points for the Ladies in Skate Canada is now included. It hasn't elevated you to any podium positions, but it could come in handy later in the competition.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Finally, snowflake, your 30 points for the Ladies in Skate Canada is now included. It hasn't elevated you to any podium positions, but it could come in handy later in the competition.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Exactly :laugh: thanks :thumbsup:

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Wow, we are two hundred and a single one (Nirti) is already trying to running away on the overall :eeking:

We are coming for you :dev2:

skateflake

On the Ice
Why is the Hall of Fame list different from here on the Men? Should not gold be 55 points?!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Why is the Hall of Fame list different from here on the Men? Should not gold be 55 points?!

Oopsie! :eek::

I construct the Hall of Fame posts from the contents of the spreadsheet. And I somehow managed to copy it over wrong. :palmf:

For some inexplicable reason, I copied it over as if it was eleven 50's rather than nine 55's and two 50's :slink:

I've fixed it now.

Thanks for pointing it out. And if anybody spots any other mistakes, please let me know.

CaroLiza_fan

skateflake

On the Ice
Thanks! I am certainly the LAST person to be complaining about any "mistakes"! Thought I had calculated my score incorrectly until I noticed it listed differently in this thread.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
wow! 550 points and a bronze overall in ladies, not bad for a newcomer:biggrin:

Winry

On the Ice
Seeing the scoresheet right now, if everything is right, after three GPs the situation appear like this:

Men: Amelia, Chris Cooper, Gino and Sam-Skwantch at 155
FS101, gonewiththewind25, Ice Diva, itofan, Lyssa and Weathergal at 150
Hyena, Nathan13, Nirti, rachno2, ssffww and vincb17 at 145

but there's also some kind of error on Winry's score ( missing value ? )

I never check points so I don't understand what do you mean missing value??
I just check if I got medal but Helsinki was so odd I get nothing right :slink:

npavel

On the Ice
hi,
I got 0 points for pairs.:eek::, and I thought I did well. I should get at least some points, the only wrong one was I had Tae Ok RYOM / Ju Sik KIM in 3rd, so that was off and the two couples after are one place up

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I never check points so I don't understand what do you mean missing value??
I just check if I got medal but Helsinki was so odd I get nothing right :slink:

Don't worry. There was a fault in the formula, and I fixed it earlier in the week when I integrated the new players from Helsinki into the alphabetical list. So, that's why you didn't notice anything strange when you checked.

hi,
I got 0 points for pairs.:eek::, and I thought I did well. I should get at least some points, the only wrong one was I had Tae Ok RYOM / Ju Sik KIM in 3rd, so that was off and the two couples after are one place up

I was probably just an oversight (very easily done when there are these many players). I'll be contacting the scorers tomorrow about something anyway, so I'll ask the Pairs scorer about it then.

EDIT: I just looked at the spreadsheet and noticed that desertskates is in the same boat, so I'll bring them up too.​

CaroLiza_fan

npavel

On the Ice
No worries, it’s a game. I ckecked the scores sheet and saw that the entry was missing ;)

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
hi,

No worries, it’s a game. I ckecked the scores sheet and saw that the entry was missing ;)

Hello!

I was the pairs scorer this week :) it's all been updated - you got a very solid 55 points!

I made an error when standardising the spreadsheet - I didn't realise that the spreadsheet would overlap Daria Pavliuchenko and npavel, so you ended up as 'PAV' in my spreadsheet, which I didn't recognise!

:)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Hello!

I was the pairs scorer this week :) it's all been updated - you got a very solid 55 points!

I made an error when standardising the spreadsheet - I didn't realise that the spreadsheet would overlap Daria Pavliuchenko and npavel, so you ended up as 'PAV' in my spreadsheet, which I didn't recognise!

Oooh. I have been caught out with instances like that in the past too. I think mainly when Ashley Wagner and Gracie Gold have been competing, because their names (or parts of) have also been in players' usernames.

My trick to avoid this is to copy the row containing the players' usernames into a blank sheet, and then after the coding is done, you can copy the username row back into the sheet you are doing the scoring in.

This situation doesn't happen too often, so it didn't even cross my mind that it could be a problem. :palmf:

Sorry :slink:

CaroLiza_fan

npavel

On the Ice
Hello!

thank you.I looked at the sheet and thought it was quite lower than expected, that's why I checked it out. You do an amazing job for our play, it's funny to be part of it. Thank you