Free auction sites? | Golden Skate

Free auction sites?

childfreegirl

Final Flight
I hope this dosen't violate board rules, but if it does delete it.

I have some excess books I want to sell. I really really don't want to do the whole ebay/half.com thing, so I went looking for other auction sites, preferably free, or where I can mail them in a payment and not have to worry about the automated end of things. (I just got finished fighting with my bank about another issue and don't feel like repeating the experience.)

I found two sites. One claims to be free, but then makes you be verified to sell and charges a $3 or $6 fee to do this. The other just dosen't have enough traffic for me to bother with it anymore. I listed an item, but it never sold.

Did I mention I don't want to worry with PayPal or credit cards?

So does anybody know of any free or nearly free auction sites?

Thanks

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Childfreegirl, I don't know of any free sites. Have you checked your internet classifieds in your city? You may have some luck there. I sell on Ebay and books and music seem to sell quite well. You don't have to get involved with Paypal. Just make sure your description states you only accept money orders or checks, whichever you prefer. I enjoy selling on ebay, selling isn't that hard once you get the hang of it and I am still learning. Also, I always try to get the best shipping costs for my customers and for books, media mail is wonderful. I know a lot of people frown about media mail but I have had good luck that my items were shipped in about 4 days. I saved my customers $2-3 in shipping.

Let us know what you decide.

Dee

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Hi Childfree...

It sounds like you want to maximize convenience of selling your books. Is there a used book store in your area? You might not get as much $ per book as you might through auction sites, but it's very convenient to take in a big pile of books, get some $$ and be done with it. Just another idea.

I doubt you will have much like finding "free" auction sites. People run these sites as a business and therefore need to make a profit somehow.

DG

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
DG, I lu-u-u-u-uv your signature line. Amen. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Dee