Maria Kazakova & Giorgi Reviya | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Maria Kazakova & Giorgi Reviya

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
I am so happy for their well deserved GPF gold. Rather surprised that this thread remains rather quiet, considering they are already making quite a splash among the skating/ice dancing fans among my own skating SN circle, which is quite global. They have that instant appeal, WOW factor and I am quite sure they will continue to grab more attention, especially at Euros that's coming up shortly. It will be exciting to witness this unique, charismatic pair develop and grow in coming years, and see how far they can go!

Agreed! I think they are really special and could be the next big thing in ice dance!

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
How ironic that they are essentially Russian rejects, but boy are they good. Good, for, them.

I had no idea about that - I only just learned that recently and couldn’t believe it. They are so special! Any idea why they were rejected by the Rus Fed or not given prominence by them?

Merjan

On the Ice
I was really happy to watch their FD and gala performance at Tondiraba ice arena in Tallinn. The best FD for me. And they both 'signed' my program magazine.

litenkyckling

Final Flight
Oh no. I was looking forward to seeing them 😭 As far as I know they train in Moscow area so the location/travelling shouldn't be an issue. I hope neither of them are injured 😞
I think Georgia have pulled all of their athletes from the event - so maybe a health precaution from the fed?

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
I think Georgia have pulled all of their athletes from the event - so maybe a health precaution from the fed?
Not all, only half of their entries so far. Alina Urushadze and Morisi Kvitelashvili are still on the list. I don't think it is something about the Georgian fed politicking.

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
Oh no. I was looking forward to seeing them 😭 As far as I know they train in Moscow area so the location/travelling shouldn't be an issue. I hope neither of them are injured 😞
Georgy was injured at the start of the season, but I don't know if that's an ongoing issue

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hi all!

I sent a PM out a few days ago regarding the Video Project. If you are interested in doing this team (or anyone else), shoot me a PM! :)

Resa

On the Ice
Does anyone know whats going on with them? Maria is making posts about discovering new things in life while georgiy hasn't posted anything since October. I hope they are still a team?