GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
ISU GP NHK Trophy 2018
ISU Grand Prix
Hiroshima Prefectural Sports Center
Hiroshima / JPN
09 November 2018 - 11 November 2018

FREE DANCE
Sunday, 11 November 2018, 11:30 UTC +9 (JST)

Time in Other Places

No.NameNation
1Carolane SOUCISSE / Shane FIRUS
RD: Tango: "Felino" by Electrocutango; Tango - Hip Hop: Tango by Electrotutango; choreo by Marie-France Dubreuil
FD: "Earned It" by The Weeknd; cover of the Michael Jackson song, "Dirty Diana," by Michael Jackson; covered by Weeknd; choreo by Marie-France Dubreuil
CAN
2Shiyue WANG / Xinyu LIU
RD: Tango: "Angelic"a (from "Pirates of the Caribbean" soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer; Tango: "End Credits" (from "Pirates of the Caribbean" soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer; choreo by Marie-France Dubreuil
FD: "Meant" by Elizaveta; choreo by Marie-France Dubreuil
CHN
3Lilah FEAR / Lewis GIBSON
RD: Tango: "Tango Flamenco" by Armik; Flamenco: "Volare (Nel blu dipinto di blu)" by Gypsy Kings; choreo by Romain Haguenauer
FD: "Bad Girls" by Donna Summer; "September" by Earth, Wind and Fire; "On the Radio" by Donna Summer, "Don't Stop Till You Get Enough" by Michael Jackson; choreo by Romain Haguenauer
GBR
4Misato KOMATSUBARA / Tim KOLETO
RD: "El sol Sueño" by Gidon Kremer; Tango: "Sueño de Barrilete" by Eladia Blázquez Susana Rinaldi; choreo by M. F. Dubreuil and Romain Hagenauer
FD: Love Story soundtrack by Francis Lai: "Une Histoire D'Amour" performed by Mireille Mathieu; choreo by M. F. Dubreuil and Romain Hagenauer
JPN
5Anastasia SKOPTCOVA / Kirill ALESHIN
RD: Tango: "Viejos Aires" performed by Ara Malikian; Tango: "Yo Soy Maria" performed by Maria Volonte; choreo by Mikhail Kolegov, Antonio Najarro
FD: "Bad"by Billi Elish, performed by Michael Jackson; "Dangerous" (Immortal Version) performed by Michael Jackson; "They Don't Care About Us," performed by Michael Jackson; choreo by Mikhail Kolegov, Antonio Najarro
RUS
6Tiffani ZAGORSKI / Jonathan GUERREIRO
RD: Tango: "Besame Mucho;" Tango: Selections by Astor Piazzolla; choreo by Mikhail Kolegov
FD: "Blues for Klook" by Eddie Louis; choreo by Mikhail Kolegov, Christopher Dean (FD)
RUS
7Alexandra NAZAROVA / Maxim NIKITIN
Tango: "Cell Block Tango" (from "Chicago") by John Kander, Fred Ebb; Foxtrot: "Overture" (from "Chicago") by John Kander, Fred Ebb; Foxtrot: "All That Jazz" (from "Chicago") by John Kander, Fred Ebb; choreo by Fabian Bourzat
FD: "The Nightclub-Dance Suite" (from "City Lights" soundtrack) by Charlie Chaplin; "At the Millionaire's Home" (from "City Lights" soundtrack) by Charlie Chaplin; "The Adventurer" by Charlie Chaplin and Carl Davis; "Titine" (from "Modern Times") by Charlie Chaplin; choreo by Fabian Bourzat
UKR
8Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER
RD: Tango: "Vuelvo al Sur" by Juan Carlos Caceres; Tango: "A los Amigo" by Forever Tango; choreo by M. F. Dubreuil
FD: "Trampoline Theme" by The Irrespressibles, "In This Shirt" by The Irrespressibles; choreo by M. F. Dubreuil
USA
9Rachel PARSONS / Michael PARSONS
RD: "Vuelvo Al Sur" by Medialuna Tango Project; “Tango Cha;" choreo by Alexei Kiliakov, Elena Novak, Esperanto Bean
FD: "To Build a Home" by The Cinematic Orchestra; choreo by Alexei Kiliakov, Elena Novak, Esperanto Bean
USA

Last edited by a moderator:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Going to bed now, so putting this up as a placeholder, and will add the links tomorrow.

At the moment the skating World Feed streams for tomorrow are still listed on the Eurosport Player. So, hopefully they will stay there.

Here is the link for the ISU livestream on the Eurovision Sports website:
https://www.eurovisionsports.tv/isu/single-pair-skating-ice-dance/live.html?id=2419

Here is the link for the World Feed coverage on the British Eurosport Player (starts in 5 hours from now):
https://gb.eurosportplayer.com/event/nhk-trophy-free-dance/b310f9ed-433e-438a-9a18-6587e096425e

Unfortunately, the Free Dance is not being shown LIVE on Eurosport’s linear TV channels. :disapp:

...BUT, there will be highlights on straight after the LIVE coverage of the Gala.

Here is the link for the archived British Eurosport 2 highlights on the Player (starts at 7m 48s. LIVE coverage of Gala at start. Highlights of Ladies FS at 1h 7m 00s):
https://gb.eurosportplayer.com/event/figure-skating-grand-prix/99cff3cb-8c0b-472d-85d6-e33e51584f29

Here is the Time Schedule of the Free Dance:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1819/gpjpn2018/data0405.htm

And here is the Live Scoring:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1819/gpjpn2018/time0405.pdf

Hope this helps.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I forgot to turn the VPN off, so I've used up my data for the day. So I hope someone can post a link to a live non-geoblocked link. Thank you!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Let's see if the Parsons can pull to silver. If they settle at bronze, I'll be okay with that too.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Wang/Liu for bronze! However, any top 5 finish would be a GP best for them :)

auser

Record Breaker
I forgot to turn the VPN off, so I've used up my data for the day. So I hope someone can post a link to a live non-geoblocked link. Thank you!

potential streams

FS Live streaming: https://ok.ru/live/1319702699539

ISU Skating Channel:
https://www.eurovisionsports.tv/isu/single-pair-skating-ice-dance/

The following streams were tested using an adblocker(ublock origin), so I don't know if malware may be lurking. Proceed with caution :):
Match Arena:
http://smotretsport.tv/7-match-arena.html
http://5streamking.co/sport1ru

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Not that I wish ill on anybody competing here, but it'd be nice for the hometown crowd if Komatsubara/Koleto didn't finish last.

Lota

Record Breaker
I'm here! :biggrin: I haven't gone to sleep since the Rhythm Dance, so I hope that the dances will be interesting, otherwise I'll fall asleep :laugh: :dbana:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Here in my best dancing frock ready to trip the light fantastic.

Level 4 twizzles for everyone!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Please Rachel and Michael, hit your twizzles, get level 4s on lifts, spins, and twizzles, try to get level 3 on step sequences, get decent GOEs, and perform your very best.

Lota

Record Breaker
Wow, missed that in the rule book (not that I read the rule book), but according to Bobrova from this season the partner can hold the lady by the head in the lifts :laugh: Not that anyone has dared to take advantage of this.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
LOL I almost missed it! For some reason I thought it started at 7!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Does anyone know which came first: Tim and Misato teaming up or Tim and Misato being a couple?

Weathergal

Medalist
Pleasant skate, but I miss Muramoto / Reed (sorry!). Wonder if either has found another partner.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I really want some nice Japanese fan to throw a christmas NHK mascot stuffed toy at me!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Misato KOMATSUBARA / Tim KOLETO
Music: Love Story soundtrack by Francis Lai: "Une Histoire D'Amour" performed by Mireille Mathieu
Choreography by: Marie-France Dubreuil and Romain Hagenauer
Costumes: Purple draped dance dress for her; charcoal dress shirt and black pants for him

Program Layout:

Bias alert: This music is Sap City. Or since the vocal is in Franch, La Ville de Sève. YMMV of course.

Dance Spin - Nice speed but basic positions. Level 4, 1.09goe
Curve Lift - Over the shoulder pick up to one foot carry. Done on a vocal highlight. Nice. Level 4/.69goe and right into
Twizzles Level 3 for her, 4 for him. .51 goe. Improved their coverage and spacing. Better.
NT Step Seq still level 1 for both with .48 goe. they need better steps and to skate closer
Rotational Lift - Lift by thigh. Done to death (or am I getting ahead of myself?). The lifting and spinning movements out are more interesting. YMMV. Level 4, .76 goe
Tempo change into
Chor Char St Seq - this must be the "We're Young! We're in Love!" part of the movie. And they do have a nice connection as a couple here. 1.30 GOE
ML St Seq - Still Young! Still In Love! level 2, .39goe
Music cut to French vocal. This spells T-R-O-U-B-L-E. Sad faces. Nice spiral. Oh oh.
SL Lift - with clear positions. One foot exit out. Level 5, .69 goe Much improved
Chor Slide - This must be the "Oh no! It's Bad News!" 2.08 goe
Chor Lift - 1.66goe- and into final sudden Juliet Death Pose (I guess it still worked in 1970. And 2018).

Lots of little spinning movements which is pure recycled MFD choreo. Also lots of two foot and skating on the flats. Work the basics.

The program is just not resume worthy. For all involved. They deserve better.

Score: 94.87 a SB and deserved