Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2018-2019 Ice Dance's Power Ranking

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    OK. But it's just a draw which country will have their own representatives in the panel of judges. If you can conclude based on that how panel is friendly to Sinistsina/Katsalapov and unfriendly to Stepanova/Bukin, well - i don't know what to say

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    I am not sure about the judges, I just remember reading on another forum that this years judges are very pro-zhulin, it might be all made up. Even if they are, I dont think anyone will challenge P/C unless they make some huge mistakes.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, but that has nothing to do to with Zhulin. I think the most of the judges are the same as before. They just 'like' Sinitsina/Katsalapov skating more this season. (Maybe if Zhulin is the one who has Belarusian origins it's more likely S/K will finish over S/B, cause judges tend to reward home skaters/coaches(?) a little bit more )

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1904sk8 View Post
    I am not sure about the judges, I just remember reading on another forum that this years judges are very pro-zhulin, it might be all made up. Even if they are, I dont think anyone will challenge P/C unless they make some huge mistakes.
    I think we will see if the judges are 'pro-zhulin' or not with the spanish Pairs, not so much the russians

You Know I'm a FS Fan... BillNeal's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    S/B's Edith Piaf tango is weak style-wise while S/K's FD is snoozy, it suffers from negative comparisons to Klimova/Ponomarenko's OGM FD

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Do you think S/K are trying to do some sort of P/C style in their FD? I think when they have their longs in the same flight it shows the weaknesses of SinKats free.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    No. I don't think they are trying to do so. The program is constructed differently than a Marie-France program in that the music builds to a more powerful crescendo rather than fading away at the end. (S&K are skating to Klimova & Ponomarenko's 92 Olympic Bach program combined with Grishuk & Platov's 92 Olympic Prelude & Allegro). I think the program has some original elements; but the two halves feel too disconnected. I think the build at the end is necessary; but there needs to be a stronger connection. To me, the program suffers from the lack of a clear point of view.

To be honest, I can't remember anything from Papadakis & Cizeron's FD this season either except the hydroblade-style lift. Nor do I care for Hubbell & Donohue or Chock & Bates's less than original FD material. Post-Olympic seasons. So many teams use their best ideas the season before that the following year's programs often feel like a letdown.

I do like Stepanova & Bukin, Guignard & Fabbri, and Gilles & Poirier's FDs this season. Which, actually, is a higher percentage than back in 2015 when all the favorites were skating to warhorses. We start here and build for the following seasons.

Note: As far as Weaver & Poje's FD is concerned, I'm waiting to see how their program looks now with some development.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    I agree, I feel like the programs the year after the olympics never really live up to the olympic programs. I think they will continue to get better as the quad goes on. I do really like p/c RD (probably one of my favorites of theirs and one of my top 5 rhythm dances).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3