GS Christmas Card List | Page 2 | Golden Skate

GS Christmas Card List

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yup. I got a box of 48 for $12.50 at amazon--they're really nice cards too--and used up a bunch of stamps I had. That's $11 or so. The rest of the money, probably about $30, is the international postage.

Yes, I've been doing those a few at a time.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Got my first card today :luv17: how awesome!

I am sending most of mine out today/tomorrow - hope they make it in time for Christmas...but if not, at least it'll keep the christmas spirit going a bit longer :laugh:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sent mine out yesterday, so I too hope they all get there by Christmas! The US ones should be there in a few days, and even the international ones should get there in 10 days, I think.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'll be closing it up on the 18th to prevent last minute add-ons. That could be awkward ;)

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Sent out a bunch about a week ago only to those who included last names on the list since I was not sure cards wiithout last names would be delivered ..... sent 10 internationally, trying to imagine them winging their way to Japan, Chile...etc... it was a fun project.. made alot of mistakes addressing them by hand, probably because my cat, Rufus, decided to help and I was watching GPF & JGPF on TV..:slink:

Weetos

Final Flight
I've sent some, going to send a few more tomorrow!
Sent out a bunch about a week ago only to those who included last names on the list since I was not sure cards wiithout last names would be delivered ..... sent 10 internationally, trying to imagine them winging their way to Japan, Chile...etc... it was a fun project.. made alot of mistakes addressing them by hand, probably because my cat, Rufus, decided to help and I was watching GPF & JGPF on TV..:slink:

Why would cards without last names not be delivered?? Surely only the address matters!

MalAssada

Medalist
If this happens in 219 I'll join. Unfortunately the National Mail in Brazil is a mess right now with both delays and ridiculous prices. I'm curious about this card giving tradition: is it just a card, do you write something on it?

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If this happens in 219 I'll join. Unfortunately the National Mail in Brazil is a mess right now with both delays and ridiculous prices. I'm curious about this card giving tradition: is it just a card, do you write something on it?

I definitely will do it in 2019. Crazy work season for me. I'll buy a bunch of cards after Christmas sales, and get everything ready in October. I'm so sad I missed this season.
Happy Holidays everyone. :)

statmam

On the Ice
I'm curious about this card giving tradition: is it just a card, do you write something on it?
There is sometimes a message already printed in the card, but people often add a line or a greeting in their own hand before signing it.

jersey1302

On the Ice
Country
Canada
I enjoyed that, I think I sent to almost everyone on the list. I ran out of cards though lol so a few were missed. Its not cheap to mail internatioal over seas. From Canada its $1.20 to US and anywhere elsewhere other than USA is $2.50 for regular lettermail. I was shocked only myself and I think 3 others were in Canada. Neat one was from very close to my city though haha only about 5 minutes from my job!

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
I've sent some, going to send a few more tomorrow!

Why would cards without last names not be delivered?? Surely only the address matters!

On rethinking, you are, of course, correct .. thanks for pointing this out!! :agree2:

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Just wanted to say a thank you to Hannah from NY for the lovely card - it arrived today! :thank:

Would have sent a PM to thank you but I don't know your username on here. Your card is on the way but as I doubt it will arrive in time for Christmas, a very merry Christmas to you as well!

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just wanted to say a thank you to Hannah from NY for the lovely card - it arrived today! :thank:

Would have sent a PM to thank you but I don't know your username on here. Your card is on the way but as I doubt it will arrive in time for Christmas, a very merry Christmas to you as well!

Aw, thanks!! I really should have just put my username on there. ;)

So far I've gotten three cards (just got jersey1302's card today, it was lovely, thank you!) and it's very exciting. :biggrin:

jersey1302

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Aw, thanks!! I really should have just put my username on there. ;)

So far I've gotten three cards (just got jersey1302's card today, it was lovely, thank you!) and it's very exciting. :biggrin:

Wow!! Tabsy in England for the card before you and you're just in the US haha. I guess they decided to walk it over the border ;) haha. Im so glad you received it!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I definitely will do it in 2019. Crazy work season for me. I'll buy a bunch of cards after Christmas sales, and get everything ready in October. I'm so sad I missed this season.
Happy Holidays everyone. :)

That's what I do. I went through 4 boxes this year (this Christmas card exchange and one other)

lienhk

Spectator
Would it be possible to keep the address file accessible for a couple more days? I was a snail as usual :scratch2: :slink: and only made it halfway through the list, before other things got in the way..... in any case thanks so much for organizing this! I've received so many lovely cards!

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just wanted to thank those that sent a Christmas card! They brought me so much joy! :love:

cards2.jpg

Last edited:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Would it be possible to keep the address file accessible for a couple more days? I was a snail as usual :scratch2: :slink: and only made it halfway through the list, before other things got in the way..... in any case thanks so much for organizing this! I've received so many lovely cards!

I'm sorry but the list has been deleted. You can always use the return address on the cards you receive :)

Last edited:

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
I received a beautiful card from "Jess" in England whose name was not on my original list and whom I would like to add in 2019.... A huge Thank You for remembering me... A Happy, Healthy Prosperous New Year to all!!