Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44

Thread: GS Christmas Card List

  1. #1
    Winter is coming... gsk8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    4,338

    1 Not allowed!

    Lightbulb GS Christmas Card List

    Hi all!

    GS is running a Christmas Card list this year if you would like to send and receive cards!

    Sign up here!

    Happy Holidays to those who are celebrating Thanksgiving!
    Last edited by gsk8; 11-21-2018 at 03:32 PM.

  2. #2
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,424

    3 Not allowed!
    This is fun, y'all. I'm getting to send cards all over the world.

  3. #3
    Idita-Rock-n-Roll Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    19,178
    Country: United States of America

    1 Not allowed!
    I'm tempted but I fear how many cards I'd have to send

  4. #4
    Winter is coming... gsk8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    4,338

    1 Not allowed!
    Currently there are 37 folks on the list.

  5. #5
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,424

    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    I'm tempted but I fear how many cards I'd have to send
    Not that many. I always buy boxes and boxes at 75% off after Christmas though. I have another Christmas card exchange also.

  6. #6
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,410

    2 Not allowed!
    But then there is postage. I have never sent anything to Japan Korea Russia. How much does overseas coast. It means a trip to post office and I can barely keep up. I send e cards if that now. But it does sound fun and a good community building idea. Cheers and a Merry Christmas to all!

  7. #7
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,424

    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    But then there is postage. I have never sent anything to Japan Korea Russia. How much does overseas coast. It means a trip to post office and I can barely keep up. I send e cards if that now. But it does sound fun and a good community building idea. Cheers and a Merry Christmas to all!
    Generally $1 something if it is a regular card/letter under a certain weight, a couple of ounces maybe? I want to say $1.15. They told me at the post office, but my other cards should not cost any more than my one to Jamaica and Russia. They are all the same weight. I actually thought it would be more. I mean a domestic Christmas card is .50 (price of a Forever stamp right now unless you have some lying around).

  8. #8
    Winter is coming... gsk8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    4,338

    2 Not allowed!
    If you are in the US, you can purchase Global stamps for $1.15 ea. They go to any country in the world as long as the letter is not over 1 oz It can get pricey along with cards.

  9. #9
    On the Ice Weetos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    257
    Country: United Kingdom

    1 Not allowed!
    Ok it is like £1.50 per stamp, I can't afford to send cards to everyone, but I will definitely do some!

  10. #10
    v Kohei Uchimura v satine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    6,384

    0 Not allowed!
    Maybe you could break up the people interested in exchanging cards into groups? For example, groups of 6, 10, 12 (or however many) and they all send to everyone in their own group? That would keep the postage down

  11. #11
    v Kohei Uchimura v satine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    6,384

    1 Not allowed!
    Also keep in mind that if you are concerned about paying overseas postage for x amount of users, consider that those users probably have to be paying for xxx amount of postage to be sent overseas! It can get expensive for someone living in a not-so-common-on-GS country

  12. #12
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,424

    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by satine View Post
    Also keep in mind that if you are concerned about paying overseas postage for x amount of users, consider that those users probably have to be paying for xxx amount of postage to be sent overseas! It can get expensive for someone living in a not-so-common-on-GS country
    One of the exciting things for me is hoping to see all the different stamps from different countries!

  13. #13
    GS Supporter Mohacz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,074
    Country: Poland

    0 Not allowed!
    I've signed up for the Christmas card list and I'd like to know how I can access it in order to send the postcards. Christmas is in 2 weeks time and I'll be sending my postcards this week and I could add the GS ones to the list.

  14. #14
    On the Ice Weetos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    257
    Country: United Kingdom

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohacz View Post
    I've signed up for the Christmas card list and I'd like to know how I can access it in order to send the postcards. Christmas is in 2 weeks time and I'll be sending my postcards this week and I could add the GS ones to the list.
    You should've received an email with the link when you entered your address

  15. #15
    GS Supporter Mohacz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,074
    Country: Poland

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Weetos View Post
    You should've received an email with the link when you entered your address
    Oh, I have not received anything. And I registered the day it was announced. Maybe I'll do it once again?

  16. #16
    On the Ice Weetos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    257
    Country: United Kingdom

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohacz View Post
    Oh, I have not received anything. And I registered the day it was announced. Maybe I'll do it once again?
    Well you're on the list! Have you checked junk mail and things? Or maybe you didn't type the email address right?

  17. #17
    GS Supporter Mohacz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,074
    Country: Poland

    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Weetos View Post
    Well you're on the list! Have you checked junk mail and things? Or maybe you didn't type the email address right?
    Nothing received I'll register once again. Maybe I made some mistake in the email address.

    Edit: now it has worked! There must have been some error in the email. Thanks for your help!!!

  18. #18
    Bona Fide Member Princessroja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,950

    1 Not allowed!
    Whew, I just finished doing all mine. If there's anyone considering it and wants more info, I would say it took me about five hours all told and will cost around $50 to do, so definitely only sign up if you have a chunk of time and money. I didn't realize how much it would be until I was into the process; I unfortunately did bite off more than I could chew this time. But I received my first card in the mail today, which was exciting, and it's pretty cool to see a big stack of cards ready to sent out all over the world!

  19. #19
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,424

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Princessroja View Post
    Whew, I just finished doing all mine. If there's anyone considering it and wants more info, I would say it took me about five hours all told and will cost around $50 to do, so definitely only sign up if you have a chunk of time and money. I didn't realize how much it would be until I was into the process; I unfortunately did bite off more than I could chew this time. But I received my first card in the mail today, which was exciting, and it's pretty cool to see a big stack of cards ready to sent out all over the world!
    Is that including the cards? Because I buy all of mine at 75% off after Christmas. Boxes and boxes (I'm on another Christmas Card exchange also.) I also had some stamps left over from last year. I sent out a few more today, most will be sent off on Friday.

  20. #20
    Bona Fide Member Princessroja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,950

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by moonvine View Post
    Is that including the cards? Because I buy all of mine at 75% off after Christmas. Boxes and boxes (I'm on another Christmas Card exchange also.) I also had some stamps left over from last year. I sent out a few more today, most will be sent off on Friday.
    Yup. I got a box of 48 for $12.50 at amazon--they're really nice cards too--and used up a bunch of stamps I had. That's $11 or so. The rest of the money, probably about $30, is the international postage.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •