2018 Internationaux de France: Thoughts, Analysis & Reviews | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2018 Internationaux de France: Thoughts, Analysis & Reviews

Koatterce

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Additional Note: Why were the medallists not awarded any medals? And whats with the no flags being raised but instead having it on a flat screen? What a mess! And didnt they do something like this last time when the GPF in France 2016? Whats up with this???!!!!

They always do something like this... last year it was plastic stars, etc.
Never understood why this is even allowed (okay well, politics and influence and money etc.) but it's def not ideal

withwings

On the Ice
They always do something like this... last year it was plastic stars, etc.
Never understood why this is even allowed (okay well, politics and influence and money etc.) but it's def not ideal

… if it is because of seeking originality for originality's sake, hmmm... one can understand but if it is done because financial reasons...unforgivable. Skaters deserves medals. And real flags to be raised.
I am a casual figure skating fan; so not involved in figure skating system at all otherwise I would not have been silent. I think actions are needed.

Koatterce

On the Ice
Country
Canada
… if it is because of seeking originality for originality's sake, hmmm... one can understand but if it is done because financial reasons...unforgivable. Skaters deserves medals. And real flags to be raised.
I am a casual figure skating fan; so not involved in figure skating system at all otherwise I would not have been silent. I think actions are needed.

oh i realized i was a little unclear, I didn't mean that they have no money so they do these plastic hexagons/TV flags, but politics/influence/money go together, aka the fed does it's thing so that it can keep having its GP and do whatever it wants

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gabriella Papadakis and Guillaume Cizeron. I was completely immersed in, and entranced by their Free Dance. After it was over, I realized that they'd just given me the experience I'd been unconsciously wanting for, for the whole event. I want to be lost in a work of emotion and art. Their technique is there, and it creates the desired effect, even on someone like me who pays little overt attention to technical ID requirements. The effect of their great technique is their power, and their immersion in the program, and it's the best because it's invisible. Gabriella and Guillaume create a fully realized Illusion of romantic love. Art is the ability to find truth via a fiction: a painting isn't a seascape, it's a representation of a seascape. A novel isn't factual truth, it's emotional, metaphorical, primal truth. A figure skating program is an illusion that expresses truth ... something we all hunger for ... via music and movement. Beauty is Truth, and Truth is Beauty. This is what Gaby and Guillaume show us over and over again, in programs that provide plenty of variety if one is open to receiving the nuances of music, movement and emotion. Everything is new if you're In the Moment with them. If you're willing, they willingly transport you to a beautiful world, an Alternative Reality.

Something else I noticed. When they first burst into the top world dance teams, I sometimes found myself watching him more. Not exclusively, but every once in a while I'd find myself immersed in the beauty of his skating and movement. Now, I'm just as impressed by him, but I'm equally drawn into Gabriella, who's the heart and soul of the team. They've always skated as one, and now as a viewer I'm experiencing the two as a whole. It's just mesmerizing. I want them to skate for us forever. I'm so happy that we'll have them to show us what figure skating is all about, for at least 4 more years in competitive skating.

Rika Kihira. My new favorite solo lady. This event, she showed incredible strength of character and presence of mind, to alter her plan in order to keep up the quality of the skate as a whole. There's that word "presence." She has wonderful ice presence; she's got the IT factor. All through her free skate, there are small touches that express sublimely every note of the music, every rolling arpeggio, every trill, every musical sound simulating water or another element of a beautiful storm. Rika did not let one of these tiny moments get lost. So however much of a challenge it was to do the smart, point-getting jumps, she didn't lose her vision of the total effect of those jumps and all the other micro- and macro-movements. I am beyond impressed; I'm in awe. She's something special; the choreography is spectacular, and she uses her talent, her athleticism, and great choreography to their greatest effect: making a beautiful program.

Rika evoked the storm, with every crackle of lightning, every suddenly snatched heartbeat, every moment of glidng on.

Jason Brown. Most people who like his skating are emotionally involved. I'm no exception. I realized with these two programs that I can't completely lose myself in his programs, because I'm so worried if he's going to pop a jump or fall. And then again, I'm not so sure that I would anyway. Edge quality is divine and wow factors are wonderful, but in the end, if they don't serve the emotion and connection with the audience, it's like counting rotations and putting all one's "eggs" in the basket of the jumps. For me, figure skating needs to be about something more than beautiful technique, even if the technique is about edges, soft knees, beautiful extensions, etc. Those qualities should be absorbed into the power of the performance. I think that Tracy Wilson is helping Jason retrieve and advance what made me fall in love with him in the first place: the way to use his gorgeous skating to connect with the audience, to dance on the ice, and to create joy out of thin air plus the miracle of music, which communicates emotion directly and needs no translation.

ETA:
Nathan Chen. Oh my goodness. Inside every workhorse perfectionist, every precise technician, exists a Wild Spirit, the gypsy who yearns to pull up camp and break free, to express his untamed heart, to live out that wanderlust, that scintillating streak of rebellion, that restless wayward wind. How Nathan moves! How he dances! How his puckish face shows the reckless joy of Caravan! :dev2::luv17:

Azikin

Medalist
Medvedeva - from my favourite for several years to unwatchable
Konstantinova - as someone else said, inner Gubanova is always there in the background, she's beatiful though and quite pleasurable to watch, when she has her day
Sotskova - I expect she might still fight for it to get into the Russian team (one last time?)

Fluture

Record Breaker
Medvedeva - from my favourite for several years to unwatchable
Konstantinova - as someone else said, inner Gubanova is always there in the background, she's beatiful though and quite pleasurable to watch, when she has her day
Sotskova - I expect she might still fight for it to get into the Russian team (one last time?)

What is an “an inner Gubanova“ if I‘m allowed to ask? :laugh:

Erin S

Rinkside
Gabriella Papadakis and Guillaume Cizeron. I was completely immersed in, and entranced by their Free Dance. After it was over, I realized that they'd just given me the experience I'd been unconsciously wanting for, for the whole event. I want to be lost in a work of emotion and art. Their technique is there, and it creates the desired effect, even on someone like me who pays little overt attention to technical ID requirements. The effect of their great technique is their power, and their immersion in the program, and it's the best because it's invisible. Gabriella and Guillaume create a fully realized Illusion of romantic love. Art is the ability to find truth via a fiction: a painting isn't a seascape, it's a representation of a seascape. A novel isn't factual truth, it's emotional, metaphorical, primal truth. A figure skating program is an illusion that expresses truth ... something we all hunger for ... via music and movement. Beauty is Truth, and Truth is Beauty. This is what Gaby and Guillaume show us over and over again, in programs that provide plenty of variety if one is open to receiving the nuances of music, movement and emotion. Everything is new if you're In the Moment with them. If you're willing, they willingly transport you to a beautiful world, an Alternative Reality.

Something else I noticed. When they first burst into the top world dance teams, I sometimes found myself watching him more. Not exclusively, but every once in a while I'd find myself immersed in the beauty of his skating and movement. Now, I'm just as impressed by him, but I'm equally drawn into Gabriella, who's the heart and soul of the team. They've always skated as one, and now as a viewer I'm experiencing the two as a whole. It's just mesmerizing. I want them to skate for us forever. I'm so happy that we'll have them to show us what figure skating is all about, for at least 4 more years in competitive skating.

Rika Kihira. My new favorite solo lady. This event, she showed incredible strength of character and presence of mind, to alter her plan in order to keep up the quality of the skate as a whole. There's that word "presence." She has wonderful ice presence; she's got the IT factor. All through her free skate, there are small touches that express sublimely every note of the music, every rolling arpeggio, every trill, every musical sound simulating water or another element of a beautiful storm. Rika did not let one of these tiny moments get lost. So however much of a challenge it was to do the smart, point-getting jumps, she didn't lose her vision of the total effect of those jumps and all the other micro- and macro-movements. I am beyond impressed; I'm in awe. She's something special; the choreography is spectacular, and she uses her talent, her athleticism, and great choreography to their greatest effect: making a beautiful program.

Rika evoked the storm, with every crackle of lightning, every suddenly snatched heartbeat, every moment of glidng on.

Jason Brown. Most people who like his skating are emotionally involved. I'm no exception. I realized with these two programs that I can't completely lose myself in his programs, because I'm so worried if he's going to pop a jump or fall. And then again, I'm not so sure that I would anyway. Edge quality is divine and wow factors are wonderful, but in the end, if they don't serve the emotion and connection with the audience, it's like counting rotations and putting all one's "eggs" in the basket of the jumps. For me, figure skating needs to be about something more than beautiful technique, even if the technique is about edges, soft knees, beautiful extensions, etc. Those qualities should be absorbed into the power of the performance. I think that Tracy Wilson is helping Jason retrieve and advance what made me fall in love with him in the first place: the way to use his gorgeous skating to connect with the audience, to dance on the ice, and to create joy out of thin air plus the miracle of music, which communicates emotion directly and needs no translation.

ETA:
Nathan Chen. Oh my goodness. Inside every workhorse perfectionist, every precise technician, exists a Wild Spirit, the gypsy who yearns to pull up camp and break free, to express his untamed heart, to live out that wanderlust, that scintillating streak of rebellion, that restless wayward wind. How Nathan moves! How he dances! How his puckish face shows the reckless joy of Caravan! :dev2::luv17:

Everything about this post makes me happy to read, from a pure writerly standpoint. Your use of Romanticism to describe what makes G&P's program so special actually made me kind of misty-eyed. (Also "puckish" is a perfect word for Nathan). Just had to comment because I love good writing about beauty.

RobinA

On the Ice
I think the best thing in skating to come out of the last Olympics may be Nathan not winning the OGM. Assuming his body holds up the next four years, he will be a far better skater than he was in Korea. He is beginning to develop a style of his own. I just wish he didn't look so tired when he's not performing. Pace yourself, Nathan.

Agree about the dreadfulness of some of the music and sameness of many of the routines. Hint: Just because you LIKE a piece of music, doesn't mean it makes good skating music. I can't think of any other reason to skate to Bohemian Rhapsody or some of this other stuff. When it comes to sameness, looking at you, Russia, although you aren't the only offender, just the worst.

Mid-Season Wishful Thinking:

No more Tano anything. Not even good ones. Oh wait, there are no good ones. Brian Boitano must rue the day he ever raised his arm above his shoulder. Talk about killing a once interesting move. STOP, just. stop.

Hair styling, Ladies. What's with the limp ponytails? You pay hundreds for nice costumes, apply multiple layers of make-up and nail polish, and then forget the hair? The guys are doing way better with hair, even the Asian Mess that is obviously quite well thought out and always great looking.

Music. It's not too late to get some stronger music. Most of the routines have nothing to do with the music anyway, so this shouldn't have an effect on the skating at all. In some cases it wouldn't be difficult to pick music that better fits the existing choreography. It is a rare skater who can overshadow a blah or just plain crappy music selection.

Music, Part 2. Look, I hate what CoP has done to originality and choreography as much, if not more, than the next guy. But there are people out there doing interesting programs to appropriate music and standing on the podium. It can be done. Just sayin'.

Judges. Look, I know you want to prop up good skaters who have a crappy skate, I get it, I really do. But when you give a jumper who had a bad skate high PCS scores to make up for multiple splats, it just doesn't look good and it isn't fair to the person who actually excels at PCS and doesn't get inflated Tech scores if he has a bad day. Either adopt a "live by your strength, die by your strength" philosophy, or find other ways to finesse the situation.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Everything about this post makes me happy to read, from a pure writerly standpoint. Your use of Romanticism to describe what makes G&P's program so special actually made me kind of misty-eyed. (Also "puckish" is a perfect word for Nathan). Just had to comment because I love good writing about beauty.

:thank: for sharing the love and happiness :)

A small confession: I re-watched "Caravan" in the middle of the night, from SA and IDF ... and the close-up, SA camera work is what inspired my use of "puckish."

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
WARNING - post will be long, vintage 'vomit style' and will touch on both performances/skating things and overall experience of being on third competition live this year.

First of all - huge THANK YOU for GS community there for being with me/us (tabsy:ghug:) for the whole event. I can't even properly express my gratitude for your support and enthusiasm shown over my gift and all things surrounding it - I came to Grenoble last minute, but led by strong purpose and idea of this gift to be given to Piper and Paul, showing my appreciation and adoration for them, their work. It may sound weird, but actually the gift, idea of it was first before even booking things for travel - I just felt so inspired and animated by their Vincent FD, seeing its performance at SCI, that I wanted to make something personal that will relate to the program and bring joy to Piper especially, being so shining and positive. This whole experience went way beyond I expected, highlights being meeting new people with same interest/passion about the discipline, seeing skaters like Jason, Evgenia for the first time, watching competition live, soaking up atmosphere, cheering on everyone, interacting with skaters and seeing them lighting up with our attention and words of encouragement - to sum up, the whole 'physicality' of the experience was the thing that mattered to me the most; witnessing live practices, competition really changed my FS perspective this year - I saw so much detail and aspects I was not able to realize that existed, on top of that I developed even more personal relation to FS in general, with so much respect to ALL athletes and performers respectively. IdF was the most spontaneous and unorganized escapade out of 3 I had this year, but it is the most memorable one.

Pairs:

The whole event was a bit weird I think - either it was due to the deciding character of the competition, GPF places at stake or something else, but there was none of like a perfect skate/performance in my opinion; Bokikova/Kozlovskii's SP and James/Cipres' FS were the closest, but comparing to SCI they somehow lacked a bit of spark and that polish over wholesome. North Koreans had such support in the audience - we tried to cheer them the best we could and they delivered two very good performances; yes, both programs are re-used from previous season, but I still find them good in terms of performance, especially from her side, she is such a star! I was very sad to see them missing a podium, Ju Sik's devastation in K'n'C really got to me...

On the other side of spectrum - Tarah and Danny were quite a revelation for me: solid execution and really impressive performances! He in particular makes such a great frame to present her, his carriage, strength, expression and this beaming smile (that could be a solid cure for some illness probably), they make a stunning team to watch on ice in general. I like both their programs actually, even 'Swan Lake' FS that is not received that well;), their costumes are just exquisite, seeing them up close (as we approached them after practice on Saturday to snag some signatures and Tarah looks beautiful with darker hair:love:). I liked the confidence going off them - yes, both programs were not like a tip-top perfection, but I saw that they cared a lot for them and were determined to give their best effort.

I was a bit sad for Germans - this sbs fall in SP rattled them a lot. Still, they represent for me a lot of promise and should be invested in. I liked Camille and Andrew, another stunning sight on ice, loved her costumes in particular, they have a really nice energy going on and some really nice elements. Audrey and Misha, such cuties! She is such stunning young lady up close (we fished for signatures:laugh:) and they have lots of talent, but it is all a bit rough and unsettled for now I'd say; they also skate with each other rather than perform together, that is definitely something they need to work on, to gel more as a team than just add together their separate skills.

Boikova/Kozlovskii missing GPF is one of my biggest heartbreaks...Such stunning, well-put together team, with mature, senior outlook, but youthfulness to them! They have such presence for a young team, very nice musicality and technique/elements to die for, a champions material for sure. It was a big shame their stunning 'The Nutcracker' FS was not performed with same quality like at SCI - Alexandra in particular seemed very tight and nervous, especially after that freaky landing/fall. I still hope they'll bounce back stronger at Nationals and grab 3rd spot. As usually, a pleasure to see Maestra Moskvina by the boards:bow:.

As for Vanessa and Morgan, it seemed that Vanessa had an off weekend, her jumps were not on same money as at SCI and she appeared to be a bit shaky in places, especially in SP. I confirmed also my view on their programs: SP being a bit off-mark for me and FS being such a stunning, captivating creation, a fantasy of seduction put on the ice. There is such tension and build-up provided by their movement, expression, I was so amazed by not even what they've executed/the difficulty of elements, but HOW they managed to create such hypnotic vibe over all of it, to 'hang' this out in the air. While I wish they used original version of the song, I do understand why they used this version - the choreography really ascends beautifully along this arrangement and makes their 'signature' style of edge more prominent, shining through all the skill they have. A stunning people to look at, but even more stunning skaters and performers who managed to unapologetically make their mark in pretty constant, schematic and hermetic pairs' world.

Ladies:

A very exciting event overall - after somehow underwhelming SP, FS was all sorts of drama I'd say. I was so impressed over Mae Berenice - such presence and energy on the ice, and her costumes are just WOW, perfect use of embroidery extravaganza! Her SP performance was definitely one of my favourites from all competition, emotional and vivid. I was sad for Alexia - still, she is very charming and I really like her 'La la land' FS, just wasn't her weekend. Stanislava was a mixed bag - quite a disaster in SP and such strong come-back in FS; she sure has goods to showcase, but sometimes she comes to her material too forcefully and emotional I feel that overpowers her.

I was impressed by Bradie's FS - also kind of a come-back after not perfect SP. She looked very strong technically and skated with purpose, energy in terms of performance. She made a beautiful, yet strong Juliette for me, looked very focused. And her FS dress is just stunning in person! I think she is very determined and matured since last season. Mai may be just my new favourite - I just couldn't deny anything to that smile! And such beautiful, angelic, elegant skating - she just floated in FS, there was delicacy, but also a strength she carried on through the whole performance. And her emotional reactions - it just shows that she puts so much heart into her skating.

This was my second time seeing live Rika (after Nepela) and the young lady has such coolness about her, just focus, hard work and loads of charm. Aside of 3As and technical content, she is also a very skilled, well-rounded performer paying lots of attention to the detail, very musical also. She has that light about her and fragility in SP (matching the music) and a kind of 'edge' in her expression in FS that elevates music (step sequence in that FS is hands down one of my faves this season, the accentuation of rhythmical changes through movement is everything!). It might be less impressive showdown of her skills than at NHK, but she impressed me quite much mostly with this mature coolness and 'methodical' approach she represents.

Evgenia...She has a presence, that's for sure, a particular kind of aura that makes you keep eyes on her. Very determined performer - I felt almost physically how badly she wanted to do her best, to skate well, to raise up to her expectations towards herself. Unfortunately, this hunger and drive were expressed through great amount of nervousness in her body, not only by look on her face. I think it all came too forceful and rigid at the end, with too much pressure and nerves overtaking her movement abilities. I might be in wrong, but my take is that all these changes could be too much at once to carry on AND to have that competition freedom in herself, to perform with ease and positivity. She had that stern mask, tightness on her face that did not go well with any of her programs to be honest - I am not an expert in technicalities (her technical execution did not went smoothly and perfect obviously), but both performances seemed overpowered with tension radiating from Evgenia, not the good kind of tension/determination, more like overwhelming and destroying one. It was particularly visible in SP - for me, to pull off such program, the music, it requires some kind of whimsical, effortless and light feel to it, an enjoyment over the moment, the music, an entertainer's soul and engagement to it to 'sell' the program (vide Javier's 'Guys & Dolls' for example) and there was none of that; Evgenia looked very determined, but too much enclosed in that feel of 'pushing through' than enjoying the view, the audience I feel - both programs represented a great effort that did not become a great result/performances, unfortunately. STILL - I think that she needs time to come to terms with all these changes made in her life to fully enjoy competing, performing again, not just moving through motions and over-focusing herself; it is more of a long-term effort and plan I feel than a quick fix that requires focus and work, but graduated, to not overpower everything she represents.

TBC...

withwings

On the Ice
oh i realized i was a little unclear, I didn't mean that they have no money so they do these plastic hexagons/TV flags, but politics/influence/money go together, aka the fed does it's thing so that it can keep having its GP and do whatever it wants

Oh, dear, I understood you correctly- you were clear enough! My English is so-so, and even me understood it exactly what you wanted to say:)

NymphyNymphy

On the Ice
This event was underwhelming. What happened to the beautiful blue ice rink from previous years with Trophée Bombpard? The stadium that held the event looked positively dilapidated.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
This event was underwhelming. What happened to the beautiful blue ice rink from previous years with Trophée Bombpard? The stadium that held the event looked positively dilapidated.
The French Fed wisely moved the event to Grenoble so that it would be less accessible and enjoyable to go to.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker

They got to lower the expectations before the 2019-2020 GPF ;)

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
On the other side of spectrum - Tarah and Danny were quite a revelation for me: solid execution and really impressive performances! He in particular makes such a great frame to present her, his carriage, strength, expression and this beaming smile (that could be a solid cure for some illness probably), they make a stunning team to watch on ice in general. I like both their programs actually, even 'Swan Lake' FS that is not received that well;), their costumes are just exquisite, seeing them up close (as we approached them after practice on Saturday to snag some signatures and Tarah looks beautiful with darker hair:love:). I liked the confidence going off them - yes, both programs were not like a tip-top perfection, but I saw that they cared a lot for them and were determined to give their best effort.

I loved your whole post, NoNameFace. But .... where is the continuation? You said "TBC". I want more! :)

Tipping off your observations about Tarah and Danny; I loved everything you said. I haven't seen them live yet this year, but everything you said about their confidence level is something I've gotten through the streams. And it is new. I have a theory that it's because they've been through so much ... Tarah was essentially injured, in surgery, or still recovering from 2014-2018. But something about Tarah is new. Maybe all of that showed her how strong she is, or gave her new motivation.

I also think she's a skater who might slightly overdo herself, but the support she's been getting in Colorado means that she doesn't. When the physio people tell her it isn't time to do this or that element yet, she doesn't overdo ... and all that helps her awareness of when her body needs even a very small rest, like 2 reps of a jump instead of 4 or 5. (a theoretical example). Danny's very careful with her; and I think he may be missing jumps because he's concerned about her.

"[The physical t"[herapists] know a lot about figure skating, which is huge, because they can really help guide us on whether we're pushing too hard too fast and they can help if we do have any pain or minor setbacks," Kayne said.
https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/...h-first-for-tarah-kayne-and-danny-o-shea.aspx

Anyway, Danny's smile is effervescent, shining, brilliant. In person, it's dazzling. And partly because in practices, everyone else looks so serious and focused, while he's out there looking like he's just so happy to be skating!

happycamper2554

On the Ice
I loved your whole post, NoNameFace. But .... where is the continuation? You said "TBC". I want more! :)

Tipping off your observations about Tarah and Danny; I loved everything you said. I haven't seen them live yet this year, but everything you said about their confidence level is something I've gotten through the streams. And it is new. I have a theory that it's because they've been through so much ... Tarah was essentially injured, in surgery, or still recovering from 2014-2018. But something about Tarah is new. Maybe all of that showed her how strong she is, or gave her new motivation.

I also think she's a skater who might slightly overdo herself, but the support she's been getting in Colorado means that she doesn't. When the physio people tell her it isn't time to do this or that element yet, she doesn't overdo ... and all that helps her awareness of when her body needs even a very small rest, like 2 reps of a jump instead of 4 or 5. (a theoretical example). Danny's very careful with her; and I think he may be missing jumps because he's concerned about her.

"[The physical t"[herapists] know a lot about figure skating, which is huge, because they can really help guide us on whether we're pushing too hard too fast and they can help if we do have any pain or minor setbacks," Kayne said.
https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/...h-first-for-tarah-kayne-and-danny-o-shea.aspx

Anyway, Danny's smile is effervescent, shining, brilliant. In person, it's dazzling. And partly because in practices, everyone else looks so serious and focused, while he's out there looking like he's just so happy to be skating!

I think that they are both tentative because of how horrible things have been her for. They were on the cover of skating magazine and i posted the whole magazine but you can go to the article. She's basically been in horrible pain for two full seasons. Before surgery she was in so much pain that Danny had to carry her up to their apartment most of the times. she had that horrible concussion at 2017 nationals. Because it was a throw he basically watched her hit her head on the ice. She then had surgery and had an adverse reaction to the drugs. So she was throwing up and sick, while trying to recover. He took care of her all through that. I think it's admirable that she's continued. Plus people say it's always harder to take care of someone who is injured, then be injured. She's always said that he has taken care of her through all her injuries and I admire him for that. That's not what you plan to sign up for when you become partners. Basically they are my favorites because even though they (her especially) don't have the most talent, they always try and push their way to the top.

https://content.digitalpub.blue-soh...ps%3A%2F%2Fwww.usfsa.org%2Fstory%3Fid%3D84165

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

Thanks as usual for good words :), there will be a second part today, later as I went home to my mom for the weekend and still trying to get my thoughts together about Men and ID as these were disciplines that left the biggest mark inside me. To be honest, I thought that no one will wait for 2nd part as this is a week after the competition, but now as I see there is a person waiting, I will get my act together:laugh:!

And about Tarah and Danny - I am simply grateful that they (and also Knierims) decided to continue after having such difficulties experienced - I saw a newfound energy in them, in Tarah in particular: yes, she has that tendency to go hard and push herself on practices as I saw, but I saw also Danny balancing this and both trying to find the optimal state for them in terms of accommodating progress and getting better, which they proved in competition. And they are really seem to be great people, both were kind enough to sign mine and tabsy's US flags after Saturday's practice, taking our thankfulness and words of encouragement; they are a stunning pair and the strenght of that beauty reaches deeper beyond appearances I feel, the way Danny cares and looks after her, how she absorbs his attention.