Timothy Goebel Competition Withdrawal | Golden Skate

Timothy Goebel Competition Withdrawal

katherine2001

On the Ice
Considering that his entire body was out of aligment, maybe this isn't to be unexpected. I imagine that it could take a very long time for his body to get totally back in alignment. Maybe because of this, he will never be back in the shape he was before hand and will always have trouble with his back. I'm not a doctor or medical personnel, so I could be totally wrong too ;)

S

SkateFan4Life

katherine2001 said:
Considering that his entire body was out of aligment, maybe this isn't to be unexpected. I imagine that it could take a very long time for his body to get totally back in alignment. Maybe because of this, he will never be back in the shape he was before hand and will always have trouble with his back. I'm not a doctor or medical personnel, so I could be totally wrong too ;)

It appears that Timothy Goebel is paying a very high price for all those quads.
What good is it to be known as the "Quad King" when you're injured and unable to compete? Egads!

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Thought I would just mention in this thread that Tim Goebel is scheduled to headline the "Holiday Magic on Ice" show on Saturday, December 18 from 1:30-2:30 pm at the Fort Dupont Ice Arena in Washington D.C. -- info and directions to rink at: http://www.charityadvantage.com/fdia/holidayshow.asp

Holiday Ice Show presented by:
World and Olympic figure skating coach Audrey Weisiger.
Skaters in show include: Tommy Steenberg (Bronze Medalist, 2005 Junior Men's Eastern Championships; 4th place, 2004 Junior Men's National Championships) and National and Regional Competitors from the Washington Area: Ashley Brickman, Anthony Dang [2005 Intermediate Men's pewter medalist], Jenny Ko, Brooke and Brittany Perna, and Molly Van Tassel! [5th in Senior Ladies at Eastern Sectionals]
All proceeds support the Kids On Ice Program.

S

SkateFan4Life

Sylvia said:
Thought I would just mention in this thread that Tim Goebel is scheduled to headline the "Holiday Magic on Ice" show on Saturday, December 18 from 1:30-2:30 pm at the Fort Dupont Ice Arena in Washington D.C. -- info and directions to rink at: http://www.charityadvantage.com/fdia/holidayshow.asp

Hello! What in the world is Timothy Goebel thinking to appear on this ice show when he's injured? Doesn't it occur to him that he might, just might, further aggravate his injury? Earth to Goebel...... totally ridiculous, IMHO!!!!! :mad:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
he probably agreed to that long before he pulled out of anything. While stupid he's not the only skater to do so... besides if it's a show he can tone down the jumping...

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Maybe the proposed show will be good for him, in that he can get some confidence back, without having to overdo it on the jumps. After all, the news on the web site is a month old; hopefully, he is recovering.

dr.frog

On the Ice
Tonichelle said:
he probably agreed to that long before he pulled out of anything.

Seems unlikely, since if he'd been healthy he would likely have been at the Grand Prix Final this coming weekend and wouldn't have scheduled a show for the same time.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
maybe, maybe not... he could have felt that he might not do as well with teh CoP *shrugs*

Panther2000

On the Ice
SkateFan4Life said:
It appears that Timothy Goebel is paying a very high price for all those quads.
What good is it to be known as the "Quad King" when you're injured and unable to compete? Egads!

I have always stated this. Just look at all the injuries for the past 3 years. This is all due to the over training & all the events that they skated in. We are loosing all of our top skaters to early retirement because of injury. & the up & comers don't have the fan support of Michelle, Alexei, Plushkeno, Irina, Sasha. I would love to see the Sport go back to being more artistic & not a jumpathon. Look at the skating competition now, All the seats ar empty. There is no one skating to draw in the crowds.

Vash01

Medalist
I am very sad about this injury. He had such promise after the 2002 Olympics and 2003 worlds. I really hope he can come back next year.

dr.frog said:
Seems unlikely, since if he'd been healthy he would likely have been at the Grand Prix Final this coming weekend and wouldn't have scheduled a show for the same time.
Do you think this is all deja vu a la Evgeni and the Czech show? and the sudden decree of Speedy?

Joe

S

SkateFan4Life

Panther2000 said:
I have always stated this. Just look at all the injuries for the past 3 years. This is all due to the over training & all the events that they skated in. We are loosing all of our top skaters to early retirement because of injury. & the up & comers don't have the fan support of Michelle, Alexei, Plushkeno, Irina, Sasha. I would love to see the Sport go back to being more artistic & not a jumpathon. Look at the skating competition now, All the seats ar empty. There is no one skating to draw in the crowds.

I agree with you concerning the horrific, long list of injuries, most of which have been caused by over-training and/or training with the quads. Some of today's top men will be prime candidates for physical therapy by the time they're 30, at this rate. It's horrible!!

Butterfly Angel

Rinkside
Since Tim didn't qualify for the Grand Prix this year, there's no reason he would have been there even without this show. His injury wasn't something like a hip injury. It was a back spasm and had probably healed by now. The fact that's he's well enough to skate in the show gived me hope he'll be ready for Nats.

maybe, maybe not... he could have felt that he might not do as well with teh CoP *shrugs*

As for this, he has won two silver medals and a gold under CoP. I highly doubt he's worried about not doing well.

S

SkateFan4Life

Butterfly Angel said:
Since Tim didn't qualify for the Grand Prix this year, there's no reason he would have been there even without this show. His injury wasn't something like a hip injury. It was a back spasm and had probably healed by now. The fact that's he's well enough to skate in the show gived me hope he'll be ready for Nats.

I can only hope that Timothy Goebel is healthy and ready to compete at Nationals. đź‘Ť