Yuzuru Hanyu withdraws from GPF | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu withdraws from GPF

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I am so pissed he did not withdraw from Rostelecom LP! It was madness, skating after injury. (It was ill advised to go there in the first place, but whatever.)

I hope he gives himself enough time to heal. I'd rather miss seeing him this whole year, than have him retire sooner because of poorly attended injuries.

What do you mean?

jace93

On the Ice
Why was it I'll advised to go to For in the first place? He injured himself during the free skate practice

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is not Keegan from Alaska? I hope that an earthquake, which happened there this morning, is not going to affect his coming to GPF.:pray:

He lives and trains in Alaska. I checked his twitter feed and he and his family are fine.

yude

Record Breaker
After knowing what happened in Alaska, I really wish Keegan the best and hope he will be on the podium. (I guess Yuzuru knows well how hard it is to skate after natural disaster.)

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Keegan and his family live in Anchorage, which is where the earthquake hit. There was a lot of damage to roads in that area.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Keegan and his family live in Anchorage, which is where the earthquake hit. There was a lot of damage to roads in that area.

The road from where he lives to the airport is fine for the most part. He posted on instagram that he didn't have practice today. :laugh:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
this means gpf tix prices are going to plummet like a rock right

Maybe not plummet, it's late in the day, but yes, they are already being resold cheaper so Canadian fans may pick up some bargains. However I know that many Yuzuru fans also follow other skaters - we love Jun, many cheer for Shoma, Nathan or both - so although the audience may be thinner (how many spend a fortune travelling across the world?) many will still turn up to cheer the others on and maybe put up a banner or two for Yuzu's birthday.

On the other hand, the battle royal for worlds tickets....

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
speedy healing to you, Yuzuru!!!! Get better and come back fighting at Worlds!

Danibellerika

Medalist
Maybe not plummet, it's late in the day, but yes, they are already being resold cheaper so Canadian fans may pick up some bargains. However I know that many Yuzuru fans also follow other skaters - we love Jun, many cheer for Shoma, Nathan or both - so although the audience may be thinner (how many spend a fortune travelling across the world?) many will still turn up to cheer the others on and maybe put up a banner or two for Yuzu's birthday.

On the other hand, the battle royal for worlds tickets....

There has already been a lottery for worlds. They have announced it for Japanese residents but I believe they announce overseas winners on the 4th.

And yeah I'm still going to GPF. I have a 2nd row seat, my flight is already paid for (that's already $600 for those two alone), and I plan to meet up with an old friend that lives there. Will really miss Yuzu of course, but I'll be cheering on the rest and I'm looking forward to seeing Satoko and Rika on the ladies side.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Is Nathan Chen in the final? I hope he is and that he wins. Shoma will podium I am sure. Boyang didn’t make it right? Who are the final six men anyway?

rachno2

Record Breaker
Is Nathan Chen in the final? I hope he is and that he wins. Shoma will podium I am sure. Boyang didn’t make it right? Who are the final six men anyway?

Nathan Chen
Shoma Uno
Michal Brezina
Sergei Voronov
Junhwan Cha
Keegan Messing (first alternate; called up)

pohatta

On the Ice
Nathan Chen
Shoma Uno
Michal Brezina
Sergei Voronov
Junhwan Cha
Keegan Messing (first alternate; called up)

In the ladies final only two countries are represented and in the mens final it's six. At Worlds 2015 the 10 best men in the SP were all from different countries.