Skate America and Skate Canada locations in 2019 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Skate America and Skate Canada locations in 2019

MsLayback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
CoyoteChris, why you gotta play me like that? [emoji23][emoji23] SA being in Pgh is my dream
I was at Skate America last time it was in Pittsburgh...Angela Nikadimov won and the Russian Pair had the fall out of the lift...Got to meet the great Dick Button, Peggy Fleming, and Paul Wylie. Also met Terry Gannon and talked with him about Jimmy V and winning the NCAA championship

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was at Skate America last time it was in Pittsburgh...Angela Nikadimov won and the Russian Pair had the fall out of the lift...Got to meet the great Dick Button, Peggy Fleming, and Paul Wylie. Also met Terry Gannon and talked with him about Jimmy V and winning the NCAA championship

Wow! That would be amazing! I'd kill to meet Uncle Dick!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I had no idea. I was at Boston Worlds and had no idea:( How do y'all find these things out?

I don't think we knew in advance. Maybe there had been a sign or a poster advertising it, but usually we just wander around out in the lobby a little bit to see what's going on. I think it was at that same event where Brian Boitano was signing copies of his cook book. At last year's Nats, the sponsors (Pantene, Puffs, JIF peanut butter, etc.) were giving away all kinds of goodies. Viking Cruises had a place where you could sign up to win a cruise. Sometimes there are costume displays, various things for sale, etc. The Ice Desk is a cool place (many times "manned" by Tanith White, Michael Weiss) where they interview skaters, do previews of the various disciplines, analyze a competition that took place, etc. I think it was at Boston Worlds where all of a sudden we realized they were interviewing Katia Gordeeva! There are autograph sessions, but the lines are usually a mile long. Last year at Nats just happened to spot Nathan https://twitter.com/Arriba627FS/status/953731164983975936 and Jason https://twitter.com/Arriba627FS/status/950637232347598848 just as they were coming to sit down at the autograph desk. My advice, always be watching and always have your camera with you! You never know whom you'll see.

bstark97

Rinkside
Me too, I'm super excited because I'll be on the West coast next year! Does anyone know when SA and SC tickets go on sale? Is it announced in advance? Same question for Autumn Classic and Worlds next season.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Me too, I'm super excited because I'll be on the West coast next year! Does anyone know when SA and SC tickets go on sale? Is it announced in advance? Same question for Autumn Classic and Worlds next season.

Do we know the location and dates of Autumn classic?