Skate America and Skate Canada locations in 2019 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Skate America and Skate Canada locations in 2019

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I won't be going to Skate America, but Skate Canada is perfect. It's only a four hour drive from Vancouver. I won't be buying tickets until the GP assignments are out, though.

Just curious if you have ever been to Kelowna. I looked it up online, and it looks like a really cool town with that picturesque lake, etc. I've been to Sk Can 3 years in a row and have really enjoyed it. I would most likely fly there, and It looks like there is a small airport there.

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
Any particular favorite that you hope will be assigned there?

All my favorite figure skaters are retired and/or no longer competing. With that being said, I've been excited about ladies singles for the first time since Mao Asada retired. I've been following Rika Kihira since the start of the season. I also like Elizaveta T and I like what I saw of Junhwan Cha at GPF. If two of those three are at Skate Canada, I'll buy tickets.

Edit: I've never been in Kelowna. If I go, it'll be my first time.

Giselle

Medalist
I hope that it's in a place with reasonable public transport (i.e. not Lake Placid or Hoffman Estates...), but that's probably wishful thinking!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I know that Kulik trained in Marlborough, MA when he won the Olympics, because the local papers carried it. I'm not sure when Oksana trained there, I'll have to ask my friends whose children train there for hockey.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope Skate America is east coast, Kelowna is not good for me either.

That had to be in the late 90s before Tarasova moved to teach out of CT.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Just curious if you have ever been to Kelowna. I looked it up online, and it looks like a really cool town with that picturesque lake, etc. I've been to Sk Can 3 years in a row and have really enjoyed it. I would most likely fly there, and It looks like there is a small airport there.

kelowna is nice ... lots of good dining.. very small town and airport... they have lots of wineries around. not sure how it is in october but i had a blast visiting there in the summer.

TanithandBenFan

On the Ice
I can't say specifics, but from two reliable sources I've heard that SA will not be on the east coast. It will be in the Pacific time zone. Good location with easy major airport access. Hopefully to be announced in the next month or so :)

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
On the west coast two years in a row? for me personally, that makes me sad (so far away) :(

alyssamarie

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Wish it's on the east coast. Boston would be nice :) Could do it at the garden where we had Worlds and Nationals. And I could try to go :laugh:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Still no news about Skate America 2019? Any rumor? I hope that it will be announced soon.

I might be in the North America in October 2019 and Kelowna is not really convient for me. I guess I'll have to make plans for Strasbourg GPF.

All I can tell you is that my ticket confirmation for SA Everett is dated "March". I would expect that an announcement should be made in February. I can hound my superiors at USFS galactic world Headquarters but they never cave to my demands.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

I have been there with PaulE to SC. The accommadations were very reasonablely priced and its a great venue and a great town. Best drivers I ever saw...be careful about the HV lanes being on the right. Its a five hour drive for me but its a pretty drive from Spokane. Mountains and wine country.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
They have already announced that Skate Canada will be in Kelowna, B.C.
https://skatecanada.ca/2018/10/kelowna-to-host-2019-skate-canada-international/

They haven't announced Skate America yet.

Are we going to both? Kelowna is a 5 hour drive through the mountains and wine country....If SA is in Pittsburg, I am all in for Kelowna. Nice town in the fall....(ie empty of tourists) I have been there on bike trips and I like it as well as going there with PaulE to SC.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

Hey, who is that masked man with the GoldenSkate Ball cap at SC 2014 Kelowna? ITS SUPER PAULE!

Weathergal

Medalist
Are we going to both? Kelowna is a 5 hour drive through the mountains and wine country....If SA is in Pittsburg, I am all in for Kelowna. Nice town in the fall....(ie empty of tourists) I have been there on bike trips and I like it as well as going there with PaulE to SC.

Is there a possibility that SA would be in Pittsburgh, PA this year -- or were you just using that as an example?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
kelowna is nice ... lots of good dining.. very small town and airport... they have lots of wineries around. not sure how it is in october but i had a blast visiting there in the summer.

Very nice in the Fall with the fall colours....nice area to go for a ride about. The Dutchman and I went there in 2013...

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I thought I read somewhere that SA is going to be a west coast location again. Don't know if there was maybe another thread here on the forum?

Adding -- Oops! It was post #26 in this thread! :drama:

Sam L

Medalist
I might be going to Alaska so west coast may work but it’s a track from NYC to west coast to Alaska.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is there a possibility that SA would be in Pittsburgh, PA this year -- or were you just using that as an example?

USFS would not be that nice to me:disapp: nope, it’ll be the six hour plane ride. And that’s not an option.....

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
CoyoteChris, why you gotta play me like that? [emoji23][emoji23] SA being in Pgh is my dream