Astrology of Skaters | Golden Skate

Astrology of Skaters

pollyls

Rinkside
We can start with three top US men:

Johnny Weir - Cancer
Cancers are good with emotional beginnings and keeping private; they're emotionally vulnerable, sensitive and easily hurt, and give the best hugs. They have strong nesting urges and like to say "I love you" by offering food, warmth and shelter.

Timothy Goebel - Virgo
Virgos are known for being perfectionist, having a keen eye for detail, troubleshooter extraordinaire, great with lists and schedules. They love to help and can adapt to any task. Can be picky & critical.

Michael Weiss - Leo
Leo find a stage, take the center spot, and stay there. They attract attention even when they don't want it. Love to entertain, have fun, and make big entrances & exits. They love drama, are extremely loyal, and have a thing for traditional family values (male Leos).

Comments & additions welcome.
Cheers,
Polly

Taan

On the Ice
sasha has the most unusual chart i have ever seen.....she has ALL her planets in a tight stellium from scorpio through capricorn......isnt that necklace she wears all the time when she competes her astrological chart?

skatepixie

On the Ice
no...where did you hear that? Its Mars, the Roman God of war on one side, and the star of david on the other. Her sister has one just like it.

IDLERACER

Medalist
:scowl:
Astrology is a load of nonsense. It insinuates that if five people were born at the exact same time, in the same hospital, they would all go through life with identicle personalities. If there are any skaters whose birthdays you are unfamiliar with, try and guess what zodiac sign they were born under, based on what you've observed about them. I guarantee you, it'll take an average of about six guesses to get each one right.

clairecloutier

Final Flight
In astrology, Mars is somewhat associated with the sign of Scorpio. (In fact, the planet Mars was once considered the sign's planetary ruler.) So, not entirely unfitting that Sasha would wear a Mars symbol as an ornament (that is, if you believe in astrology).

I certainly understand your skepticism, Idleracer, which is shared by many. But you're not entirely correct in your assertion. If five people were born at the same minute, astrologers wouldn't suggest they'd have identical personalities--merely that they would probably have similar tendencies and characteristics. The idea of astrology as I understand it is that it's not about predetermination of anyone's personality or destiny, but rather about looking at the general forces and influences at work in your life.

I'm not a confirmed believer, and don't pretend to be an expert, but I will admit to an interest in the field.

Astrology made perfect sense in world views of the ancient world, especially the Greeks. There are four elements, earth, water, air and fire. These are acted upon by two forces, gravity and levity. Gravity acts on earth and water and pulls them down. (That's why "the earth" is the center of the universe -- all the "earth" in the universe has fallen down to the center of the universe to form the terrestrial globe.) Levity acts on air and fire and makes them fly upward.

(Nowadays we know better of course. The four elements are hadrons (quarks and mesons), dark matter (unknown composition, but accounting for most of the gravitating mass in the universe), leptons (electrons and neutrinos), and bosons (including photons, the elementary "partical" of light). Gravity acts on all of them.)

However, the sun, moon and stars cannot be made of any of these classical four elements. If the moon, say, were made of earth or water, it would fall down to the ground. If it were made of air or fire it would fly away and we wouldn't see it any more. So it must be made of a fifth element, called aether or "quintessence" (fifth element).

This stuff is so noble and exhaulted that it is not affected by the mundane forces of ordinary experience, gravity and levity. It is also the noble and wonderful stuff that the human soul is made of. When you are born (or conceived) some of this magical soul-material comes down from the heavens, it's natural abode, and infuses your body. So obviously, the positions and motions of the stars and planets at the moment of your birth determine the characteristics of your ethereal soul.

That's just common sense.

(In 1998 astronomers studying the cosmic background radiation discovered firm evidence of a new form of energy, called "dark energy" or, honoring the classical traditions, "quintessence." It seems to be a form of pure energy associated with the vacuum of space. It is "acted on by the force of levity." That is, it serves as a form of anti-gravity in driving the accelerated expansion of the universe. -- Astrology lives!)

Mathman

Last edited: