Memorable Expressions During Programs | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Memorable Expressions During Programs

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
Patrick Chan, 2018 Nationals LP, smiling after his camel spin

Background: The last time we'd seen him skate in competition was 2017 SC, which was his worst competitive LP ever, at least jumps-wise. He looked devastated afterward and was so upset and wondering where he belonged in mens skating. Then he withdrew from NHK and so he couldn't make the GPF. Not only that, but he went totally silent until the week before Nationals. There was no news except for rumors that he was in Vancouver. (Unbeknownst to the fans at the time, he took time off and moved to Vancouver and changed coaches). For two months, the fans weren’t sure what or how Patrick was doing, so we didn't know which Patrick would show up to Nationals. Would he be struggling and downcast, or would he be rejuvenated and happy on the ice again? Well, in this moment, I got my answer. The camera angle was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT to catch this smile close up in all its glory! :love::love::love: It wasn’t a perfect skate here (and, in fact, he never delivered a perfectly clean Hallelujah in competition), but from Nationals onward, he was a happy skater. This moment will always be precious to me because of what it represented. I knew Patrick would be okay, whatever happened the rest of the season, because he had found his joy on the ice again. (He also smiled after his 4T+2T and during his bows and during the K&C. Overall he seemed very content).

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is a classic that I'll never forget.

The look on Michelle Kwan's face after each clean program she did (and the smiles during her spirals)

Felicia Zhang's mid-lift fist pumping and big smile at the end of her and Nate's 2014 Nationals LP

I was hoping someone would mention Felicia and Nate:agree: I loved the commentary (I forget if it was Sandra or Scott) “she wants to high five everyone in the rink”. A heartwarming moment:yes: