Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Steven Cousins

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • Kurt Browning

Votes: 14 6.2%

• Total voters

cowboyboots

Spectator
So I've put the nominees in rough order of who I think has the most handsome male face.

I did not include men because they are one of my "favorites".

I did not include men who had hot bods, but whose faces did not quite match the handsomeness of those in this poll.

I did not include those skaters who people are drawn to for a variety of reasons, but who, while handsome in their own way, don't have the look which the larger population (who know nothing about skating) would be drawn to.

P.S. to Plushenko fans...if you want to vote with someone with a larger nose, I've included Dambier...who has a (more) handsome face to go with the great, strong nose!

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
John Zimmerman has a Hot Bod... as does Kevin Van Der Perran... but that's just how I look at things

I voted for Kurt... but I *almost* voted for Steven Cousins LOL

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
I think Plushenko is beautiful for reasons other than his nose, thank you very much. ;) (though I do love his nose. Just wanted to clarify that....)

However, on this list, the winner is Alexander Abt. :love:

I voted for John Zimmerman because, as far as aesthetics(sp?), he is most pleasing to look at from hair, to face, to body.

However, it is Kurt's charm that I am most drawn to so it was hard for me not to vote for him. It was kind of hard not to vote for Steven Cousins as well...he has a sort of shy, innocent, flirty look going on with his yes and smile.

Kasey

Medalist
For me, no one on the list.

The most handsome male face in figure skating, for me, of all time was Sergei Grinkov.

Currently, I think for me, Yagudin would be it for pros, and either Andrei Griazev or Ryan Bradley for eligible. But that's just me.

Kasey

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Johnny Z :love: :love: :love: ! w ould put Steven Cousins next and then Weiss.

Germanice

On the Ice
Yagudin! :love:
A beautiful face is so much more than just "good looking" in a usual way ...
John Z. for example is ordinary plastic, only a role model for a Ken-doll! :p

Anke

cowboyboots

Spectator
Mathman said:
What about Stephane Lambiel?

He crossed my mind as I made up my list, but then I forgot about him. I think if I had remembered him, he would have bumped Kurt into eleventh spot, joining Jeff Buttle in the "almost-made-the-Top-10" category.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Of the list here, I would say Brian Joubert, because he's got great features, and not only is he handsome now, but he's going to be handsome at 30, 40, 50, 60, etc.

But I think the most handsome male face in figure skating is Min Zhang's.

Kuchana

On the Ice
hockeyfan228 said:
Of the list here, I would say Brian Joubert, because he's got great features, and not only is he handsome now, but he's going to be handsome at 30, 40, 50, 60, etc.

But I think the most handsome male face in figure skating is Min Zhang's.

I agree about Brian Joubert. He looked so cute in the Marshal competition closeup with the commercials before ABC showed him skating. Of all the men in the past and present though, I'd have to go with Kasey with Sergei being the most handsome.

Don't know abut Min Zhang. Haven't heard of him:)

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
cowboyboots said:
I did not include those skaters who people are drawn to for a variety of reasons, but who, while handsome in their own way, don't have the look which the larger population (who know nothing about skating) would be drawn to.

Yeah, but if that was the criteria, where is Ilia Kulik??? He is a very goodlooking male skater that even got selected on People Magazine´s list of 50 most beautiful people.

Otherwise, with one or two exceptions, I think your list is well selected. So nice to see there skaters that really look handsome, and not like some big title winners that would not get any attention if they would not have become famous for their skating.

Marjaana

Last edited:

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Germanice said:
Yagudin! :love:
A beautiful face is so much more than just "good looking" in a usual way ...
John Z. for example is ordinary plastic, only a role model for a Ken-doll! :p

Anke
The poll wasn't about the most beautiful face, but the most handsome. The Ken doll was the generally accepted standard for handsome in his day, which is one of the reasons that, in general, I don't prefer handsome men.

Tereza

Match Penalty
Allexander Abt has the most "beautiful" face 'period'. He is so sweet and sexy; and his body is beautiful.... not to mention his skating too.

Matt

On the Ice
I chose Joubert b/c he has that very boyish, Tiger Beat , teen idol kind of face that everybody just swoons for, yet still remains very handsome when you put him in costume and put him on the ice. It's a very handsome, honest face.

This one was hard, b/c there were about three I could have clicked on. ITA about some of the ones left out. No Yags? No Kulik? No Stéphane? Come on, look at
<---------------------------------------------------------------------------------the icon! :p

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
The most handsome male face in figure skating, for me, of all time was Sergei Grinkov.

I definitely agree. Sergei was a beautiful man to look at! Among the amateurs competing now, I'd probably say Joubert is the most handsome.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
It was hard for me to choose because I am of course, partial to Kurt ! However, Fedor wins hands down here. He is a male model as well on the side. So that should speak for itself. Talk about "easy on the eyes."