ntnext

Rinkside
Sergey is out of Russian Nats because of the injury. Sadly :(

Petr Gumennik is also out.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Unlike Liza, I unfortunately think this dooms Sergei’s chances at a second half of the season, unless Kolyada turns out to be unable to go. The Russian fed has never exactly favoured Voronov; he really needed to get on the podium to force their hand.

andromache

Record Breaker
Ugh, such a bummer. I prefer Aliev's and Kolyada's skating, but Voronov has really endeared himself to me over the years, and I wanted him to perform his program choreographed by Denis at Worlds. Plus, he has had the best results of any Russian man all season. But no way will Rusfed put him on the team.

Weathergal

Medalist
Thanks for info. Ack I am so bummed!!! Agree with the posters above. This ends his chances at Euros and Worlds this season. So disappointed for him!

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
Gumennik is apparently recovering from acute bronchitis. Man, the GPF wasn't good to anyone on the illness front.

rachno2

Record Breaker
Thanks for into..Ack I am so bummed!!! Agree with the posters above. This ends his chances at Euros and Worlds this season. So disappointed for him!

I wouldn’t be so sure. Misha is apparently determined to compete in poor condition, and if he crashes and burns here, then he could throw himself out of contention. That would leave it up to the coach’s council to decide on the third spot. If Aliev or a wildcard like Lazukin takes bronze, for instance, I could see the council going with Voronov on the strength of his Grand Prix showings. There is also the possibility that the top 3 here go to Euros, bomb, and the Fed does some revisions for the World team.

It isn’t looking good, but nothing is out of the question when it comes to the Russian men. I just wish they would postpone this entire competition :sad21:

Tutto

Record Breaker
I wouldn’t be so sure. Misha is apparently determined to compete, and if he crashes and burns here, then he could throw himself out of contention. That would leave it up to the coach’s council to decide on the third spot. If Aliev or a wildcard like Lazukin takes bronze, for instance, I could see the council going with Voronov on the strength of his Grand Prix showings.

It isn’t looking good, but nothing is out of the question when it comes to the Russian men. I just wish they would postpone this entire competition

It is reported Voronov's injury will take about 5-6 months to heal

ntnext

Rinkside
Ugh, such a bummer. I prefer Aliev's and Kolyada's skating, but Voronov has really endeared himself to me over the years, and I wanted him to perform his program choreographed by Denis at Worlds. Plus, he has had the best results of any Russian man all season. But no way will Rusfed put him on the team.

The only way for Sergey to become the part of the team is if Aliev will sleep over two of his programs and fail completely all of the jumps, which is possible but with not higt chances. Because Kolyada is definitely will be on the team, Samarin also, he is the most stable among Kolyada, Aliev ans Samarin. So, if Dima will fail, Sergey will have a small chance.

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Council or not, with this kind of injury, Voronov is out for Euro. For the worlds he might heal, but will he have time to regain form?

Anyway, get well Sergei!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So sorry to hear this. Gramps Voronov is a sentimental favorite of mine. Was there any more specific info regarding the nature of his injury?

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
That's some bad luck for them, especially for Sergei. With a 5-month recovery time, it sounds like the season is over for him. :[ Still rooting for him if he decides to go on!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
The only one left I'm rooting for now is Dima. What a terrible Nationals this is going to be.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Noooo not Sergei! :sad21:

This is so disappointing! I hope he heals quickly. I guess the chance of him getting a Council spot for Euros is out of the question :(