Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brian Orser interview

20 Not allowed!

Brian Orser interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW1K...ature=youtu.be

I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but this looks like a good one. With Jackie Wong via the John Wilson Blades YouTube channel.

Basically he talks about all his skaters - Javier Fernandez, Jun-Hwan Cha, Yuzuru Hanyu, Evgenia Medvedeva and Jason Brown -- as well as thoughts on the new system

ETA: Inside Skating interview
    http://www.insideskating.net/2018/12...k-your-battles
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 12-22-2018 at 02:19 PM.

8 Not allowed!
    I love Brian’s calm, cool, collected approach to almost everything and everybody in this interview, at least the parts that I’ve heard.

And his description of the judges at the Olys watching Yuzu and Javi do their skating/stroking exercises at practice, while ignoring the skaters doing jumps, is priceless.

On the Ice

8 Not allowed!
    I like that Brian has fully embraced Pooh-bear and everything it means to Yuzu.

1 Not allowed!
    After Evgenia's SP today, this was a very sobering watch.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by NoviceFan View Post
    After Evgenia's SP today, this was a very sobering watch.
    I found it to be very encouraging and calming after the SP, although maybe I shouldn’t say that because I didn’t entire interview yet?

Match Penalty

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by el henry View Post
    I found it to be very encouraging and calming after the SP, although maybe I shouldn’t say that because I didn’t entire interview yet?
    I think Brian should make Evghenia a champion again before he speaks about their relationship. Evghenia isn't even Russia's number 4 or even 5 top skater.

4 Not allowed!
    Can't wait to listen to this whole interview. I Brian Orser!

Come to the Plushy-side - we have sparkles! anonymoose_au's Avatar

11 Not allowed!
    This was an interesting interview, I liked it a lot I enjoyed hearing about Jun and his career so far, all about how Yuzu managed to get back into form for the Olympics and about Zhenya and Jason.

It's cool hearing about the coaching process!

8 Not allowed!
    I really liked this interview. I especially enjoyed the insight on Jun-Hwan-Cha and the process it took to get him to the Olympics. Very interesting.

And of course I also was immensely interested in what he had to say about Evgenia. And I‘m a bit relieved now because it seems they‘re really trying their best to get to know her and her old training process and understand how they need to work with her. I know some pretty intense discussions have been going on about this and we‘re all worried when we see her mess up at competitions but Brian seemed calm here and supportive. No one knows whether it will work out, whether she‘ll ever be on top again but at least we know that she‘s getting some new experience and Brian is actually too and that they‘re just trying to learn from each other. I think this is great and hope that after some time they find common ground and this moment of a clean competition happens for Zhenya. However, at least I know that he won‘t give up on her and that they‘ll continue to work. Let‘s see where the journey will take them.

20 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by lavoix View Post
    I think Brian should make Evghenia a champion again before he speaks about their relationship. Evghenia isn't even Russia's number 4 or even 5 top skater.
    This seems like a pretty random speaking restriction? Why? I don't get it.

15 Not allowed!
    And a second interview with Brian. Everyone is about the Brian content this weekend. This time from Inside Skating.

http://www.insideskating.net/2018/12...k-your-battles

19 Not allowed!
    This is silly. Coaches can talk about whatever they want, and in this case, Evgenia's coaching situation is of great popular interest. No need to be dismissive because she isn't winning gold medals right now. I like to hear from coaches about their progress with skaters. Raf does a lot of interviews and recently spoke about training Marin and Eunsoo, and it was a very interesting read.

Good job to Jackie for this interview, it was enjoyable.

3 Not allowed!
    Very lovely interview.I enjoyed it. Thanks!

Match Penalty

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by lanceupper1114 View Post
    This seems like a pretty random speaking restriction? Why? I don't get it.
    Pride comes before the fall.

I wouldn't be quick to make assumptions the way Brian has been making in interviews. He has A LOT to live up to.

On the Ice

6 Not allowed!
    Pride comes before the fall.

I wouldn't be quick to make assumptions the way Brian has been making in interviews. He has A LOT to live up to.
    Pray tell what does he need to live up to?

Match Penalty

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodMorningGrapeseed View Post
    Pray tell what does he need to live up to?
    Ummm, you're being pretty silly, it's not like his outing with Evghenia is worthy of any praise.

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Interesting that he mentioned taking a few hits because startup with Evgenia took more of his time than he expected. I wouldn't be surprised if Gogolev moving to Lee Barkell was primarily motivated by this.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    ^That's what I immediately thought of when I read this interview. That Gogolev's move was due to him spending more time than expected with Med.

Tripping on the Podium

16 Not allowed!
    Ummm, you're being pretty silly, it's not like his outing with Evghenia is worthy of any praise.
    I don’t know if it’s because English may not be your first language, or you’re being purposefully obtuse, but you’re making very little sense with your comments. In what world is Brian not allowed to talk about his student? Every high profile coach does interviews.

8 Not allowed!
    Either a troll or a Zhenya hater in lavoix. Or both but more importantly, Brian doesn’t own anything to anyone. And so far his work with Zhenya is slowly working, she’s become a better skater and as she said herself, a better person.
    The priority should be her health, tho. Her back is in bad shape, and she obviously needs time to heal it. The results will come with time, like it did for Yuzu, Javi, Yuna, etc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast