Sr. Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Sr. Dance

herios

Medalist
ceg15 said:
-Originally posted by doubleaxelcm

Yeah, you're right they've been winning ever since Shae and Vic left, that's probably been like 2-3 years! They've improved so much too! They're awesome and such a cute couple!

2-3 years ??? No, only one title since Shae Lynn & Vic won in 2003 their 10th title, Marie-France & Patrice won it in 2004 and that was their second title (first in 2000).

Herios - Joseph

lise

On the Ice
I hope to see a shake up of sorts in senior dance. I know that D & L will win, but I hope to see either or both L & M and V & M be on the podium. No offense to Wing and Lowe, but they really aren't going anywhere internationally, and with the mometum that V & M have and the support of SC, I can see them beating W & L at Nats. I was very impressed with L & M last year but have been hearing they struggled in a show earlier last month (according to an attendee, they looked pretty rusty) so, if they skate like that; it will be D & L, V & M, W & L if not, switch L & M for third.

blueyedancer

Spectator
Mylene Girard / Bradley Yaeger are definetly going to be one of the top 5 teams. :) They're absolutely AMAZING!! I saw them skate at a few of the summer competitions and at Quebec sectionals and their FD is AWESOME!! Their Od and Comp. are also very good! I would even think they are going to give Wing/Lowe a run for their money. :yes: 👍

boggartlaura

On the Ice
I think W/L will win the silver by a suprisingly large margin. L/M and V/M will battle it out for bronze. I want V/M to win, but without having seen L/M yet, it's hard to say if they will.

lise

On the Ice
considering that W & L barely won the silver last year (it was close); I say chances are good that another team may be able to beat them.

Justadad

Spectator
blueyedancer said:
Mylene Girard / Bradley Yaeger are definetly going to be one of the top 5 teams. :) They're absolutely AMAZING!! I saw them skate at a few of the summer competitions and at Quebec sectionals and their FD is AWESOME!! Their Od and Comp. are also very good! I would even think they are going to give Wing/Lowe a run for their money. :yes: 👍

I agree. G/Y are a strong young team that could challenge many of the top teams other than D/L. If reputation is less of a factor with the new COP system they could come in under the radar and prove to be a surprise team in Sr. They certainly have not had the hype of many other teams but are consistently getting stronger.

herios

Medalist
lise said:
I hope to see a shake up of sorts in senior dance. I know that D & L will win, but I hope to see either or both L & M and V & M be on the podium. No offense to Wing and Lowe, but they really aren't going anywhere internationally, and with the mometum that V & M have and the support of SC, I can see them beating W & L at Nats. I was very impressed with L & M last year but have been hearing they struggled in a show earlier last month (according to an attendee, they looked pretty rusty) so, if they skate like that; it will be D & L, V & M, W & L if not, switch L & M for third.

You could hope, but you have to be realistic. Wing & Lowe for better or worse are 11th in the world. And yes, they have been 3 times at Worlds and they made progress each time: 15, 12, 11.
For V & M to overtake them, they better be very good (I haven't seen them). But it is quite a gap between top junior teams and senior teams, the junior World champs from Russia (Romanovskaya and partner) showed up at Skate America this year and they were dead last, Wing & Lowe who finished 3rd there looked like Torvill & Dean in comparison.
As far as L & M, I recognize that they are fast, but their skate last year looked really busy, hectic sometimes, lacking polish. And let's not forget that they didn't compete for a full year because he was not eligible, then, you have to wonder how well prepared could they be ?? Are they prepared well enough ??
Wing & Lowe's programs were tested in COP and they upgraded certain elements (spins, lift) to grab more points in only one week, on another hand, L & M have not been seen, therefore, they have a handicap.

Because of all these issues I just mentioned here, I will have to give the edge to W & L.

Herios - Joseph

chania36

On the Ice
I've seen Lefebvre and Markov in person and they are stunning so they could be a uge surprise this year at Nationals. I love Dubreuil and Lauzon but I do not know why, but since they changed coachs they are not the same, they do not have the same flow on the ice, the skating seem difficult and one thing about them that I use to love is that the flow on the ice before was so good but they seem to be stuck at one level and do not move higher, many teams that were classified lower then them and now are higher and them they just do not move up, they always make the Grand Prix final but I have yet seen a clean program from them this year, I hope that they will get better and skate like they are capable, the new system of code of points should elevate them higher in the ranking but they have to stop making those errors. I do love them still....Wing and Low, they just dont do nothing to me, I see them skate and they just do not bring any emotions to me.