Karen Chen has WD from US Nationals | Golden Skate

Karen Chen has WD from US Nationals

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Wishing Karen a speedy recovery! It's better for the long-term career to be cautious. Looking forward to what she has in store next season.

zounger

Medalist
I hope she comes back stronger. One of the most charismatic skaters out there.

Todd

Spectator
Can someone tell me what twitter said, I dont have an account. Why did she withdraw. I am not surprised really she looked a bit out of shape from some of her videos and compettitions. I like her skating so I hope she returns healthy.

Thx

rachno2

Record Breaker
Can someone tell me what twitter said, I dont have an account. Why did she withdraw. I am not surprised really she looked a bit out of shape from some of her videos and compettitions. I like her skating so I hope she returns healthy.

Thx

"with a broken heart, I’ve decided to sit out Nationals this year. While I’m extremely disappointed, this season I’ve learned to put my health first. I had planned to come back strong and confident at Nationals, but I know that putting that determination towards recovery and preparing for next season is ultimately the best decision I can make to reach my goals. I’ll miss being in Detroit, but I’m excited to cheer my teammates on!"

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

Thx

I don't have a twitter account either, and the link worked just fine for me.

The same happens with facebook; because I don't have a facebook account, I can't browse someone's account, but I can read a specific post if I have a link and the account is public.

Casual

On the Ice
"with a broken heart, I’ve decided to sit out Nationals this year. While I’m extremely disappointed, this season I’ve learned to put my health first. I had planned to come back strong and confident at Nationals, but I know that putting that determination towards recovery and preparing for next season is ultimately the best decision I can make to reach my goals. I’ll miss being in Detroit, but I’m excited to cheer my teammates on!"

Good for her. It's sad she had to withdraw, but it's better to play it smart and let her injuries heal.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So sorry to hear. Hope she heals quickly.

mikeko666

Final Flight
It's good for her to take necessary time for full recovery. What exactly is her injury?

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ Does she still have the stress fracture (in her foot/ankle)?

Karen, so sorry you won't be competing @ Nationals, but may you heal quickly & completely! :ghug:

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States
poor Karen, she's right though. I hope to see her in peak form next year. Seeing her live last year just totally sold me. She's breathtaking to watch.

Wombat1800

On the Ice
So sad she won't be competing at nationals, I was hoping she would make a triumphant return there, but hopefully this decision will allow her to recover and heal quicker so she can get back to top form.