Thread: Karen Chen has WD from US Nationals

Medalist

2 Not allowed!

Karen Chen has WD from US Nationals

10 Not allowed!
    Wishing Karen a speedy recovery! It's better for the long-term career to be cautious. Looking forward to what she has in store next season.

Tripping on the Podium

4 Not allowed!
    I hope she comes back stronger. One of the most charismatic skaters out there.

Spectator

0 Not allowed!
    Can someone tell me what twitter said, I dont have an account. Why did she withdraw. I am not surprised really she looked a bit out of shape from some of her videos and compettitions. I like her skating so I hope she returns healthy.

Thx

Bona Fide Member

4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Can someone tell me what twitter said, I dont have an account. Why did she withdraw. I am not surprised really she looked a bit out of shape from some of her videos and compettitions. I like her skating so I hope she returns healthy.

Thx
    "with a broken heart, I’ve decided to sit out Nationals this year. While I’m extremely disappointed, this season I’ve learned to put my health first. I had planned to come back strong and confident at Nationals, but I know that putting that determination towards recovery and preparing for next season is ultimately the best decision I can make to reach my goals. I’ll miss being in Detroit, but I’m excited to cheer my teammates on!"

Medalist

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post

Thx
    I don't have a twitter account either, and the link worked just fine for me.

The same happens with facebook; because I don't have a facebook account, I can't browse someone's account, but I can read a specific post if I have a link and the account is public.

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rachno2 View Post
    "with a broken heart, I’ve decided to sit out Nationals this year. While I’m extremely disappointed, this season I’ve learned to put my health first. I had planned to come back strong and confident at Nationals, but I know that putting that determination towards recovery and preparing for next season is ultimately the best decision I can make to reach my goals. I’ll miss being in Detroit, but I’m excited to cheer my teammates on!"
    Good for her. It's sad she had to withdraw, but it's better to play it smart and let her injuries heal.

Medalist

1 Not allowed!
    So sorry to hear. Hope she heals quickly.

GS Supporter

2 Not allowed!
    It's good for her to take necessary time for full recovery. What exactly is her injury?

3 Not allowed!
    ^ Does she still have the stress fracture (in her foot/ankle)?

Karen, so sorry you won't be competing @ Nationals, but may you heal quickly & completely!

1 Not allowed!
    poor Karen, she's right though. I hope to see her in peak form next year. Seeing her live last year just totally sold me. She's breathtaking to watch.

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    So sad she won't be competing at nationals, I was hoping she would make a triumphant return there, but hopefully this decision will allow her to recover and heal quicker so she can get back to top form.