2019 Four Continents Figure Skating Championships: Men
Feb 4-10, 2019
Anaheim, California​

Official Entries as of 2/3/19

Last edited by a moderator:

haribobo

On the Ice
Likely or confirmed qualifiers, by Nationals score. USA and CAN teams TBD

Boyang Jin CHN 302.59 (some bonus points given)
Shoma Uno JPN 289.10
Junhwan Cha KOR 257.01
Keiji Tanaka JPN 236.45
Brendan Kerry AUS 228.38
Kazuki Tomono JPN 227.46
He Zhang CHN 211.51
(Julian Yee MAS 207.51- ISU SB)
June Hyoung Lee KOR 201.27
(Chih-I Tsao TPE 195.40- ISU SB)
Andrew Dodds AUS 194.21
Sihyeong Lee KOR 186.96
James Min AUS 181.64

Nirti

Medalist
In 2019 we'll see less entries than in 2018, especially because of many retirements. Individual skaters can still reach the minimum TES at Torun Cup and EDU Sport Trophy, we are still waiting for the entries at EDU. Let's remember that some skaters from "small" federations (Williams, Perticheto) are usually skipping the 4 Continents to focus on Worlds. Christopher Caluza, filipino comeback skater, and Edrian Celestino, new filipino skater, didn't compete internationaly for Philippines the last two seasons and aren't scheduled to skate in Torun. All but Perticheto are training in North America, so the trip would have been shorter and cheaper.

Men : 26 skaters
Tangxu LI could be the 3rd chinese entry but seems to be inactive. The same for Abzal RAKIMGALIEV (KAZ).
Yamato ROWE (PHI) only reached the SP TES.
Christopher CALUZA (PHI) only reached the FS TES.

AUS3Andrew DODDS, Brendan KERRY and Mark WEBSTER
CAN3Keegan MESSING, Nicolas NADEAU and Nam NGUYEN
CHN2Boyang JIN and He ZHANG
TPE2Micah TANG and Chih-I TSAO
HKG2Leslie IP and Harrison WONG
JPN3Keiji TANAKA, Kazuki TOMONO and Shoma UNO
KAZ1Nikita MANKO
MAS2Kai Xiang CHEW and Julian Zhi Jie YEE
MEX1Donovan CARRILLO
KOR3Junhwan CHA, Junehyoung LEE and Sihyeong LEE
THA1Micah LYNETTE
USA3Jason BROWN, Tomoki HIWATASHI and Vincent ZHOU

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
what about Edrian Paul Celestino, current Philipines champion (skated for Canada prior to this year) Not sure he competed anywhere to get minimums though

Nirti

Medalist
what about Edrian Paul Celestino, current Philipines champion (skated for Canada prior to this year) Not sure he competed anywhere to get minimums though

I wrote it in my introduction text ;) No Celestino nor Caluza competed internationaly recently. We are still waiting for the entries from EDU Trophy, but usually there's only skaters from neighbour countries, as Torun Cup is more "prestigious".

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I wrote it in my introduction text ;) No Celestino nor Caluza competed internationaly recently. We are still waiting for the entries from EDU Trophy, but usually there's only skaters from neighbour countries, as Torun Cup is more "prestigious".

lol... i see.. celestino doesn't have a 3a though he can skate pretty much clean like he did at his home nationals (7 triples landed). I mean, I cannot imagine him getting worlds min TES easily for the SP but 4cc would be reachable. I wonder why he bothered switching from Canada, if he doesn't get to competitions??? Strange? In any case, he easily won the Philippines Men's title, so I wish to see him again (he was one of my Canadian junior skating crushes) at 4cc perhaps... if not? at smaller competitions at least. Perhaps his process is a 4 year long deal.

Note : Celestino had 0 assignments for Canada so he would technically be able to compete internationally if he got released but we have no idea : no statement has been offered. All we saw, from his instagram, is that he had won the Philippines nationals... but we don't know anything else.

Nirti

Medalist
Entries of EDU Sport Trophy are online, and... Christopher Caluza will be there! But no Edrian Celestino (maybe he's not completely released by Canadian Fed?)
Alana Toktarova will skate too, until now she was only on the junior circuit. She beated Aiza Mambekova at Kazakh Nationals, but Mambekova still doesn't have the SP TES. She needed 22 points last season but got 21.29 points at Olympics. I expected to see her on the entries list in Romania but no... Hope she's not injured again.

Nirti

Medalist
Finally no Christopher Caluza at 4CC... He failed to reach the SP TES for 0.08 points :disapp:

Nirti

Medalist
Official entry list (without Canada and USA)

26 skaters, only category where there'll be a cut after the SP. Mark Webster listed for Australia (he WD at nationals and didn't compete internationaly this fall) and finally Sihyeong Lee for Korea.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm torn... I would really love Boyang to win because people keep discounting him and I just love him he makes you feel the sheer joy of skating the way not all of them can. I would really love Shoma to win because it's high time he got one of the major golds (and I'm saving my Worldly wishes, sad to say). I really really would adore both Jun and Kazuki (another joyous one) to podium.

It is increasingly obvious that at every competition, I want the a TARDIS podium... bigger than it looks.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Jin is looking a lot better at nationals, so hopefully he can build on that. Uno is a solid prediction for gold, obviously. Cha has been consistent despite boot issues this season so we'll see if he can get comfortable in his new pair by 4cc. Tomono and Tanaka are capable, but inconsistent.

asiacheetah

On the Ice
Likely or confirmed qualifiers, by Nationals score. USA and CAN teams TBD

Boyang Jin CHN 302.59 (some bonus points given)
Shoma Uno JPN 289.10
Junhwan Cha KOR 257.01
Keiji Tanaka JPN 236.45
Brendan Kerry AUS 228.38
Kazuki Tomono JPN 227.46
He Zhang CHN 211.51
(Julian Yee MAS 207.51- ISU SB)
June Hyoung Lee KOR 201.27
(Chih-I Tsao TPE 195.40- ISU SB)
Andrew Dodds AUS 194.21
Sihyeong Lee KOR 186.96
James Min AUS 181.64

Why did you use national score where we know there are national scoring bias versus official ISU scores?

Status
Not open for further replies.