Tarasova and Morozov bring back Rachmaninoff SP

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:hap10:

Maxim: "their style is a classic Russian pair .... it suits them."

Which is what I've always thought. :) It suits them, and it highlights their best qualities.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I already commented on it in Evgenia and Vladimir's fan fast, but without knowing who encouraged them to bring back last year's SP. I only added that if it was Trankov's idea, then big congratulation because that's one of the things good coaches should do: try to discover the style that most suits their skaters and discourage from experiments that lead to nothing and only deteriorate the skater's image. I don't know if in the long term Trankov results to be a great and successful coach, but only for redirecting Tarasova and Morozov into the style that seems perfect for them and for saying stop to absurd music choices he deserves big thanks. I hope they'll be able to introduce all the necessary changes on time and that they'll slay at the Europeans.

BTW, it was funny to discover that it's Vladimir who wants to discover other styles and develop musically when his expression in their upbeat programs keeps being more dull than a saltless soup. At least in Rachmaninov SP it does not strike so much.

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
:hap10:

Maxim: "their style is a classic Russian pair .... it suits them."

FINALLY, someone on their team gets it. I'm so glad they won't make me listen I Feel Good again. It was better than Candyman but that bar was set really low. Their Rach program was divine.

rachno2

Record Breaker
BTW, it was funny to discover that it's Vladimir who wants to discover other styles and develop musically when his expression in their upbeat programs keeps being more dull than a saltless soup. At least in Rachmaninov SP it does not strike so much.

I’m shook. I thought it was Evgenia who was encouraging all these fun programs.

As much as I like J/C and their programs this season, I’m pulling for T/M at Euros so we can have an exciting three-way battle for gold at Worlds.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
That program was really great, I can only hope they are able to master it again in a short time.

QuadThrow

Medalist
I’m shook. I thought it was Evgenia who was encouraging all these fun programs.

I think part of the problem was their 2016/2017 funky SP (Glam). It was really nice and to me the best program they have ever showed up with. This program opened the way to international medals. After this they tried to develop that style as their style but totally failed with Candyman! This year´s funcky SP was not that bad but not a cracker either.

Just imagine if the judges had not given them high marks for Candyman at Nebelhorn 2017 or Rostelecom Cup 2017 they maybe would have ditched Candyman immidiately. Their career and charisma would have been differentely now. Judges should be more aware of the power they have concering influence on the skaters development.

Holy Headband

On the Ice

I disagree. I thought he was obviously trying harder than her to emote through the SP at the GPF/earlier in the season. (I forget when exactly I made this observation.) But the results were questionable and this is a good decision for them.

withwings

On the Ice
FINALLY, someone on their team gets it. I'm so glad they won't make me listen I Feel Good again. It was better than Candyman but that bar was set really low. Their Rach program was divine.

Yes, it was divine. I am sure in due time they can make Rachmaninov as a masterpiece.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

But the FS!!! Couldn't they even do a POTO or Carmen for goodness sake lol?