“Keeping a clear head” is key to success for Kvitelashvili | Golden Skate

“Keeping a clear head” is key to success for Kvitelashvili

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
mknews.jpg

Morisi Kvitelashvili of Georgia skated right into figure skating history when he earned the silver medal at the 2018 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating event Rostelecom Cup in Moscow last November, becoming the first Georgian to win a medal on the senior-level Grand Prix circuit. He delivered two solid performances and skated much better than at his first Grand Prix Skate America, where he came in eighth.

More...

The Rostelecom Cup silver medalist has the quad Salchow and toe in his repertoire. He tried the quad flip, but it is not ready yet for competition and he feels it is because of problems with his technique. Kvitelashvili trains with the Russian “quad queens,” Alexandra Trusova and Anna Shcherbakova, who have landed the quad Lutz in competition, and he is impressed by them.

“It is motivating that these little girls can do these hard jumps,” he said, adding with a laugh that he should be able to do them since they can. “Two girls in our group do the quad Lutz in the free skating. Obviously, you’re watching and you enjoy it. This is spectacular! ”

Here's wishing him success at Euros!

desertskates

Medalist
Thanks for the article! Nice chance to know a little more about this skater, I'll be rooting for a good showing for him at Euros.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I thoroughly enjoyed watching him live in Moscow. He's got so much to give and I will firmly keep my fingers crossed for him. He seems like a level-headed guy and always treats his fans well. Go Morisi! :party:

luckyguy

Match Penalty
I am waiting for the day when Kvitelashvili does not make any mistakes at isu championships. I am so sad today.