Music Questions..... | Golden Skate

Music Questions.....

Matt

On the Ice
I am trying to organise my FS video folder on my laptop and I'm trying to figure out the music of the following programme to help me collate the videos. If there is anyone out there who knows the names of these pieces of music, I would be very grateful

The ones I need are:

Midori Ito: 1989 Worlds LP
1991 Worlds SP (the one where she fell into the camera pit)
1992 Olympic LP

Paul Wylie: 1992 Olympic SP

Sarah Hughes: 2002 Olympic LP (I know the two pieces of music are by Ravel and Rachmaninoff-does anyone know the titles?)

I think that's all of them. I'll post again if I find (or add) more in my collection ;)

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Paul skated to Ravel's La Valse in his short at the Olympics

Sarah's Ravel was Daphnis and Chloe (Daphnis is pronounced with the "s" in this case)

That's just off the top of my head. Others will remember the rest.

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Matt,

I can answer some of them:

Midori Ito: 1989 Worlds LP -- don't know this one
1991 Worlds SP (the one where she fell into the camera pit) Warsaw Concerto
1992 Olympic LP Rachmaninoff Piano Concertos 1 and 2 (haven't watched it in a while, but I think the opening part was Concerto #1 and the rest was #2 - I'll have to watch it again)

Paul Wylie: 1992 Olympic SP Ravel's La Valse

Sarah Hughes: 2002 Olympic LP (I know the two pieces of music are by Ravel and Rachmaninoff-does anyone know the titles?) Ravel's Daphne and Chloe; Rachmaninoff's Variations on a Theme of Paganini

Hope this helps.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Vash01

Medalist
I have spent years trying to find out Midori's 1989 LP music but never was able to. The music listed on the internet sites is not the right one. I wonder if it was written specifically for Midori?

I think Midori's 92 Oly had some Rachmaninoff's 3rd portions (at the end),and others were from the 2nd piano concerto.

Vash

Matt

On the Ice
Thank you!!!

Thank you all for your help! That Midori programme from 1989 is going to be a bit of pain, though; I can't find anyone who knows what it is. Do you think maybe it's logged on file with the Japanese Federation (or have we already tried that?)

S

SkateFan4Life

Matt said:
Thank you all for your help! That Midori programme from 1989 is going to be a bit of pain, though; I can't find anyone who knows what it is. Do you think maybe it's logged on file with the Japanese Federation (or have we already tried that?)

The only time I've heard the music from Midori Ito's long program was at the 1989 World Championships. I wouldn't be surprised if this piece was composed for her. Piano, orchestration, very inspiring. Midori did an awesome job at that competition - first triple axel by a woman at Worlds. Five 6.0s for technical merit. đź‘Ť